Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking the forums looking for an aftermarket exhaust. I know almost nothing about cars, but I started with a muffler delete. It's way too loud both in the cabin (I think you call it drone) and outside the cabin, especially on a cold start.

I'm looking for an exhaust that's a bit deeper sounding than the stock without being too loud while remaining a luxury vehicle inside the cabin (preferably little to no drone in stop and go traffic since I live in the city). I've been looking at the Infiniti Sports Exhaust with Resonators but I'm not sure if it's what I'm looking for. My budget is around $1k.

2017 Infiniti Q60 RS RWD

Thank you,

Zach

·
Super Moderator
3,029 Posts
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking the forums looking for an aftermarket exhaust. I know almost nothing about cars, but I started with a muffler delete. It's way too loud both in the cabin (I think you call it drone) and outside the cabin, especially on a cold start.

I'm looking for an exhaust that's a bit deeper sounding than the stock without being too loud while remaining a luxury vehicle inside the cabin (preferably little to no drone in stop and go traffic since I live in the city). I've been looking at the Infiniti Sports Exhaust with Resonators but I'm not sure if it's what I'm looking for. My budget is around $1k.

2017 Infiniti Q60 RS RWD

Thank you,

Zach
Part Number: B0100-Q60S2

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Before I buy it, did you have any opinion on the Invidia Gemini Exhaust? It's on sale for $1,000 right now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Invidia Gemini is probably what you're looking for. It will give you the performance advantage over the axle backs and the sound. You can look up Invidia sound clips.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Invidia Gemini is probably what you're looking for. It will give you the performance advantage over the axle backs and the sound. You can look up Invidia sound clips.
I'm not super worried about power as much. I just don't want it to be too loud outside or in the cabin (especially the cabin). Like the muffler delete is way too much in the cabin. And a tad bit too loud outside. I'm more or less looking to make it feel a little bit sportier without going off the top and I felt the black friday sales would be the best time.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Invidia on other tuner vehicles are known to be pretty loud and drone-y. I can only recommend the FI Cat Back Exhaust with 14 inch mufflers for this platform as it's what I've heard and own. if you want a nice tone that isn't annoying then FI all the way. It's about 500 more than the Invidia Sale price but worth the wait IMO

I believe @DAV4COOL has the Invidia and would be able to help you out as far as reviews.

I think this is his video on YT

·
Registered
160 Posts
Invidia Gemini CBE is definitely not loud and no drone-y at all, even with AMS Catted FDP. To me it has the perfect balance of keeping the car as luxury and sporty at the same time.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Invidia Gemini CBE is definitely not loud and no drone-y at all, even with AMS Catted FDP. To me it has the perfect balance of keeping the car as luxury and sporty at the same time.
Yes, the Invidia cat back for our cars are not loud at all. Its like OEM ++. There are videos on Youtube.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Invidia on other tuner vehicles are known to be pretty loud and drone-y. I can only recommend the FI Cat Back Exhaust with 14 inch mufflers for this platform as it's what I've heard and own. if you want a nice tone that isn't annoying then FI all the way. It's about 500 more than the Invidia Sale price but worth the wait IMO

I believe @DAV4COOL has the Invidia and would be able to help you out as far as reviews.

I think this is his video on YT
I'm worried if it sounds anything like that video with the popping. People on the forum are saying the sports exhaust with resonators is a good in between between the sports exhaust (no mufflers) and the OEM. I unfortunately can't find any videos on it or the drone (if there's any) though so I'll just buy whatever you guys recommend.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The sports exhaust with the resonator works great with the stock y-pipe/mid-pipe. The resonator is able to cancel most of the drones at lower speeds and act like a straight pipe when you're WOT. Infiniti also had another version of the sports exhaust that had mufflers (discontinued). These probably weren't loud enough for people so they came out with the ones with external resonators.

The Invidia would sound really nice all around as its a complete system. This is what I was going to get originally as I wanted something not too loud but sports like sound as factory sports cars such as AMG and BMW M. Now, I'm all out performance so I got the 3" MBRP exhaust.

Personally, I would get the Invidia to replace all the exhaust components. I also have the sports exhaust with mufflers for sale if you are interested.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I unfortunately can't find a single video on the q60 rs for the invidia except the one that pops, so I might just go with the sports exhaust with resonators to be safe.

·
Super Moderator
3,029 Posts
I unfortunately can't find a single video on the q60 rs for the invidia except the one that pops, so I might just go with the sports exhaust with resonators to be safe.
The Helmholtz? Part Number: B0100-Q60S2

·
Registered
160 Posts
It was only popping because I made it to...rpm was close to red line. Normal driving and even using AMS Lauch Control does NOT have pop or raspy sound.

Trust me you will not regret getting the Invidia.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@DAV4COOL whats the loudness/note/drone of the Invidia vs the Helmholtz? Your video is the only one I can find of the q60 rs with it so I dont have a sample size to compare

·
Registered
160 Posts
@zach I just uploaded a video so you can hear the in cabin sound.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It sounds a bit louder than the muffler delete in the cabin from your vid right?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys now have me leaning towards the Invidia Gemini. What would you say are the key differences between Invidia and Helmholtz? Specifically tone, volume, and cabin drone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts