Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I am considering purchasing the Q60. A little background below.

I currently own a 2006 G35 Coupe MT (live in northern California) and had been excitedly waiting for the Q60 since i saw the concept last year. I got a chance to test drive the Q60 3.0 (non-RS) a few weeks ago and the impression were.
- Pick up is definitely good, comparable to loaner Q50 i used to get.
- Looks awesome, way better than the competition

The few things i m considering are
- No manual transmission, but i should be able get pass that. Also my wife has been complaining that she can't drive my car, which in the way is what i want, but i can no longer have that excuse, now that we are married and she will be there when i buy the new car :laugh:
- If i get one i ll definitely get the red sport
- I really love the exhaust sound of my G, but from the test drive Q60 just did not have the same roar as the G. It really adds to the fun of the drive.
- Steer by wire, is something i m debating. But from what i read, i m leaning toward not getting it.

I have a few questions.
- Exhaust sound - for those who have driven both, does RS sound different any different from the non RS? RS has a different tip, but does it sound differently?

- Sterring option. From the official spec
2.0T Hydraulic Electronic Power Steering with vehicle-speed-sensitive adjustability
3.0T and RS Rack Electronic Power Steering
Optional: Direct Adaptive Steering
What type of steering does my 2006 G35 have? Does Rack Electronic power steering implies "steer by wire"? Or DAS is "steer by wire". I love the steering feel of my G, and want to make sure to keep the "connected to the road" steering feel.

- My dealer called me to let me know they have the RS I can test drive. If i end up getting one, how much should i be expecting to pay? I will definitely shop around but just wanted to know as a new model year, how much room do i have to bargain. And if i have to order for the configuration that i want to be built, does it impact the bargaining situation? Meaning, can they say 'oh the car needs to be built to order, hence we can't give you much discount, you need to pay MSRP, or premium"?

- Currently looking at Black Obsidian with Graphite Semi-aniline Leather Interior / Carbon Fiber Trim. Plus Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport. Still debating about Driver Assistant Package. My G is black on black and still looks awesome to me even today.

Sorry it's a long thread, but just wanted to make sure i understand all aspects of what is possibly going to be my awesome ride for the next many many years!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I own a 2007 G35. One of the main reason i love the car so much is exhaust note and the way it handles. I took the Q60 out on 2 test drives and absolutely hated the drive by wire. feels like a video game even when steering is set to sport. I need the feel of the road and engine vibes in the steering. need to feel connected. I live in Canada so no option here. I decided on the BMW M240i.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks itinifni, so DAS comes standard in Canada? That sucks, sorry to hear that. My buddy actually told me to look into the M2 as well, so i ll be checking it out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts