Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's my biggest problem with buying new cars like my Q60RS? THERE AREN'T ANY AFTERMARKET PARTS AVAILABLE!!! I know it's common knowledge but honestly it kills me since I can clearly visualize my baby with a 1" to 1.5" drop and 15mm (maybe 20mm) spacers looking soooooooo perfect. I know the Z1 folks dropped theirs with coilovers, but I'd rather keep the DDS feature so I'm stuck waiting on springs to become available. I've actually considered the idea of buying a set of lowering springs meant for the Q50 just to see it dropped (yea yea I know bad idea don't judge me).

So if anyone happens to hear anything about any aftermarket companies making any progress or projected release dates on LOWERING SPRINGS for the Q60 of any given setup be it RWD or AWD, feel free to drop a post or shoot me a PM!!! And for any of these said companies scouring these forums looking for an east coast tester for such parts, I'm down! I just figured I'd share my hopes and impatience for such things with all the crew here :D

......god I want to trick this whip out so bad.....

·
Registered
298 Posts
RSR is going to be the first company to release springs from my understanding.

They are going through R&D right now so we should see them in the near future

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got an email from Swift Springs too, they said they were working on the Q60 springs now. They asked if I was located on the west coast which I'm not, so if anyone with a Q60 is interested I think they're looking for testers.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got an email from Swift Springs too, they said they were working on the Q60 springs now. They asked if I was located on the west coast which I'm not, so if anyone with a Q60 is interested I think they're looking for testers.
That is great news. I would be more interested in Swift's than the R*SR. I love the Swift springs that I have on my G

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
You going to put a skid plate under the front of the car, because today I scraped under the front end going up what seemed a normal driveway into a parking lot at slow speed.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm sure you can drop on the spacers for now ??
Let us know what size you end up going with! I would be interested in doing the same.

You going to put a skid plate under the front of the car, because today I scraped under the front end going up what seemed a normal driveway into a parking lot at slow speed.
You shouldn't need a skid plate. My old G coupe was lowered roughly 2" and I never had a problem. Most of the time, clearance depends on the way and angle you approach the obstacles. I have a pretty steep driveway but as long as I approached it at an angle, rather then head on, I made it up cleanly.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Let us know what size you end up going with! I would be interested in doing the same.

You shouldn't need a skid plate. My old G coupe was lowered roughly 2" and I never had a problem. Most of the time, clearance depends on the way and angle you approach the obstacles. I have a pretty steep driveway but as long as I approached it at an angle, rather then head on, I made it up cleanly.
The front end on the Q60 may extend a little farther ahead of the front tires than your G coupe.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The front end on the Q60 may extend a little farther ahead of the front tires than your G coupe.
That could be possible. It all comes down to the angle though.

I could try and enter an incline head on and scrape every time. If you come in at an angle, letting one tire up before the other, the nose length doesn't really matter.

That is how exotic cars like the Aventador, which has a very long front end, manage to get up them. Aside from the lift systems

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
That could be possible. It all comes down to the angle though.

I could try and enter an incline head on and scrape every time. If you come in at an angle, letting one tire up before the other, the nose length doesn't really matter.

That is how exotic cars like the Aventador, which has a very long front end, manage to get up them. Aside from the lift systems
Yeah, and there are Ferraris with height adjustable suspension that avoid that issue altogether because you don't always have the option of attacking an incline at an angle.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you check under the car to check on where exactly the scrape occurred? When I was under mine changing oil I noticed there's some kind of plate (looks kind of like fiber glass) that spans from just after the oil pan to behind the front axle if I remember correctly. I also vaguely remember thinking it does hang a bit lower then the overall undercarriage plane.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Did you check under the car to check on where exactly the scrape occurred? When I was under mine changing oil I noticed there's some kind of plate (looks kind of like fiber glass) that spans from just after the oil pan to behind the front axle if I remember correctly. I also vaguely remember thinking it does hang a bit lower then the overall undercarriage plane.
I didn't really look. I just ran my hand under the front of the car and felt some rough spots on that vertical plastic piece that hangs under the nose.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah I know what your talking about, you're fine that same little flap brushes the concrete on my office's garage ramp sometimes too.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Ah I know what your talking about, you're fine that same little flap brushes the concrete on my office's garage ramp sometimes too.
Oh I wasn't worried about it, but I **** sure don't plan on lowering the car either :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts