Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previously, I owned a 2013 G37x Sport. Loved everything about the car. I drove the car for 6 years and when the 2020's came out, I felt I should update. (Wish I had kept my original) Currently, I own a 2020 Q60 Edition 30. This car came with runflats and I'm not a fan. It doesn't ride or handle anything like my 2013. I do understand the 2020 is not all wheel drive. I've tried to read as many posts about tires on the forums. I know I want to replace all 4 tires but want to make the right decision. I haven't posted here before but I was hoping to get some advice. What I don't like about the runflats: lack of traction, the car feels as if it's floating left and right..I have to constantly correct the steering, annnnnd every day the temperature is lower than 50 degrees (N Texas) the low pressure light comes on until the temperature is warmer and then it goes off. My Infiniti dealer said that was a thing with runflats.

1. It seems the majority feel the tire to use is a toss up between Michelin Pilot A/S4 or Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus Continental Tires. Can anyone explain the difference between the two?
2. What have you found to be the best solution for a spare in case of a flat?

Thank you in advance for your input.

· Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,511 Posts
I bought a spare wheel and tire:
Wheel = 40300-4HK6A
Tire = T145/70D-18 YOKOHAMA Y870C SL

· Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
2,003 Posts
1. It seems the majority feel the tire to use is a toss up between Michelin Pilot A/S 4 or Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus Continental Tires. Can anyone explain the difference between the two?
You can't go wrong with either brand.

Use AAA.

· Registered
533 Posts
I keep a can of fix a flat and a compressor in the trunk.

Like Iridium said, you can't go wrong with either of those tires.

Reactions: Cady

· Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,511 Posts
annnnnd every day the temperature is lower than 50 degrees (N Texas) the low pressure light comes on until the temperature is warmer and then it goes off.
When the temps drop so does your tire pressure, that's why you set them when they're cold. That goes for all tires, not just run-flats.

· Registered
65 Posts
I never knew that!! I will know now. ty :)
I had a G37 too. It drove STRAIGHT and the steering was stiff and i didn't feel like I had to keep "controlling" it.

The Q60RS I have I feel I have to control much more. I do run Michelins and they were a huge upgrades from the run flats that came stock with it, but I still find myself trying to control the car more than the G37. Its just something you'll learn to deal with... But I will say the Muchelins make it about 80% of the G37 versus the runflats where it feels like 20-30% lol.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hate a G37 too. It drove STRAIGHT and the steering was stiff and i didn't feel like I had to keep "controlling" it.

The Q60RS I have I feel I have to control much more. I do run Michelins and they were a huge upgrades from the run flats that came stock with it, but I still find myself trying to control the car more than the G37. Its just something you'll learn to deal with... But I will say the Muchelins make it about 80% of the G37 versus the runflats where it feels like 20-30% lol.
Yes! I'll take 80% better. There is hope. Ty!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts