Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Moonlight White G37x, and am considering a 2014 Q60.

Either black or Venetian Red.

Other than I can't believe how long it is taking Infiniti to update their G/Q coupe, I am stunned to see that after almost 10 years of (2) Infiniti's, they still have not fixed their POS TPMS system?

Really Infiniti? Seriously?

In both cars I had TPMS misfunctions - at least one on the start of a very long trip, and not knowing which tire is causing the problem... If it's high / low, etc... Depending on my digital tire guage (where the battery was dead) proved useless to diagnose...

Sorry - I just had to rant because I seriously cannot believe that crappy ass TPMS system is still being used when you can buy cars at half this price that has a real system in it telling you exactly which tire has the problem and what the pressure is.

·
Registered
228 Posts
this is something you might want to contact Nissan/Infiniti's head office about. The more complaints they get the more likely they're to do something about it

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Years ago - maybe 4, I tried entering feedback on their website form.

Now granted I have not tried in years - but the experience annoyed me almost as much as the ridiculous TPMS system. It had some limit like 200 characters, or something really ridiculously short -where I could not even explain the value of a auto headlight delay feature. (to avoid it turning on headlights when you enter your garage)

I tell ya - every time that **** TPMS light goes off - and it does so here in the northeast at least once a year (when it gets cold), I am reminded what a piece of junk it is... (Although in cold weather generally all tires end up kinda low, some more than others - but it really has happened to me twice where I couldn't quickly determine which tire was the problem)

I seriously would buy another car over this it annoys me so much - but unfortunately the other AWD sports coupes are not worth me spending soooo much more on. (Like an A5 probably doesn't have that crappy POS TPMS system, but it comes with like 110 less HP, and costs 66% more to lease - really.)

Ok I'll stop venting now. I just really can't believe that 9 years after my first exposure to that crappy system they are still using the same thing while cars costing less than half as much have one 10x better. Absolutely pathetic..

·
Registered
364 Posts
I agree with you here. The TPMS system is not a very good one from Infiniti

Even cheap domestic cars have TPMS systems that measure the pressure of each tire.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I agree with you here. The TPMS system is not a very good one from Infiniti

Even cheap domestic cars have TPMS systems that measure the pressure of each tire.
i think even Dodge has a better TPMS system, time for Infiniti to step up if they want to be a true luxury car maker

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is that enough to stop you from putting down for another Infiniti? I agree that they should have a better system, but it doesn't seem like the worst thing ever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I manually check tire pressure each week. Also, while driving, and I'm fairly aggressive, you can feel if a tire is improperly inflated long before the system warns you. In the case of a puncture, I'll bet I'll know pretty quickly.

The point is the tire monitoring system is great for people that just think of a car as a way to get to Safeway or the dentist.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I manually check tire pressure each week. Also, while driving, and I'm fairly aggressive, you can feel if a tire is improperly inflated long before the system warns you. In the case of a puncture, I'll bet I'll know pretty quickly.

The point is the tire monitoring system is great for people that just think of a car as a way to get to Safeway or the dentist.
What things do you feel that warn you before a tire monitoring system picks up on it?

·
Registered
364 Posts

hardcore!

Personally I'm not able to tell if the tire is a few PSI off. The system does come in useful if it read each tire individually.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It does. good way to monitor tire pressure seeing every PSI it goes down by rather than waiting for it to lose a good amount enough that it's obvious just by looking at the tire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts