Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby came in last Thursday, and just by chance and luck it was in the color scheme I was looking for. A feast for your eyes.

20161003_152735.jpg

20161003_152753.jpg

20161003_152835.jpg

·
Registered
500 Posts
With how unique these look you must be getting a lot of looks, compliments and even questions. Have your neighbors said anything yet?

·
Super Moderator
2,077 Posts
Congrats. That looks really nice. Would appreciate your thoughts and feedback on the car.

It might be the perspective but that looks like it rides somewhat high. Hopefully, the suspension will settle a bit in time.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments yall!

My opinion on the exhaust note is kind of tainted by the fact that I had the ARK exhaust on my G37 coupe which honestly can't be beat plus the cabin is really well insulated IMHO. However, at throttle the exhaust note sounds aggressive and authoritative for a factory system. Explaining it is hard and I can't think of a single word that encapsulates the sound. If I had to place it in a range between stock G37/Q60 exhaust and my old ARK exhuast, I'd say it sits just shy of the middle. I will say that the exhaust, boost and transmission all work in tandem to give the driver what I call 'sensation bombardment' at green lights. There is no turbo lag with this boss, and it has already freaked me out since I was so used to the throttle lag on the G.

Ride quality is really an fun experience with all the drive modes, even with the **** run flats. I can't wait to swap them out for real tires. An interesting side note that some may not know, but since these whips come with run flats Infiniti doesn't include a spare astro tire, fix-a-flat and most surprising of all a scissor jack. This surprised me cause I tend to use the scissor jack when doing oil changes, brakes and whatnot. I called my rep and that's when he told me about the run flat reasoning. When I told him that doesn't make sense because what about being able to rotate the tires and that's when he said it's really just a way to get you to go back to the dealership (go figure). I had him get my old scissor jack and accessories from my old G so it's all good, but just thought it might be worth mentioning.

The ride height isn't too bad but I'm itching to give it a clean drop with some 10mm spacers (maybe 15mm). I ran Swift's and 15mm spacers on my G37 and loved them, but of course there is nothing out yet for these so I'll just have to be patient. I also heard that Stillen is already hard at work on developing various upgrades.

And yes, they gave me a little microfiber towel at the dealer and I looked at them when I was signing like 'what the **** is this for?'. Now it sits in the center console in a baggy.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And no I haven't had any neighbors stop by to look at it, but when it's home it's tucked away safe in the garage so no one really gets to see it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
OK, since we are on the subject of exhaust note. I recently read that the 2017 Nissan GTR has "Active Sound Enhancement" through the speakers in order for the exhaust to sound good in the cabin. I have not read anywhere that the new Q60 is blessed with the same 'feature'. Do any of you know?? I know that the turbos make things a bit quieter, but I can do without my thrills being piped through the speakers!

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No it doesn't have that, and quite frankly that's sad that they even thought that was a good idea for the GTR, guess they had to come up with something to increase its MSRP even more.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Good to hear! Thanks, LoganB!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Good to hear! Thanks, LoganB!!
I have a thread I started, with my takes on the q60, legit infiniti lacks bells and wistles, ALL the small things you can think of, they prolly have missed. They are years behind on driver experience, however they got the looks + stock HP at a very very sweet point. This coupe just looks stunning aint nobody who wont turn head. If I had a gopro to record people staring I would count many.

I simply wish the exhaust was louder, or an option..I drive motorcycles I just love the ROOO sound, and the gulp.

·
Super Moderator
2,077 Posts
I'm pretty certain Stillen will be answering everyone's needs for an axleback (or possibly catback) in the near future even if Infiniti doesn't.

The stock GTR VR38TT don't really sound all that great and never have imo. The turbo quietens the exhaust note down as well. However, the cars wail under WOT and sound much meaner once you replace the mid-pipe and throw on a catback. I'm thinking it might be the same for the VR30DDTT as well.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I also think Stillen should be one of the firsts to come out with something. Possibly Greddy as well later on

·
Registered
125 Posts
I also think Stillen should be one of the firsts to come out with something. Possibly Greddy as well later on
I am new to aftermarket infiniti stuff, who are these people, or companies? Do they ask for cars to be used as prototypes for thier aftermarket stuff?

·
Super Moderator
2,077 Posts
I am new to aftermarket infiniti stuff, who are these people, or companies? Do they ask for cars to be used as prototypes for thier aftermarket stuff?
I think Stillen went ahead and purchased a Q60 already probably for development purposes. Think it was the 300hp version.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts