Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would upload some shots of the upgrade I installed running CarPlay and other stuff. So far, everything is very usable in my personal opinion. Touch works great. The spinner in the console works along with the back button. Sounds as good as stock to me, but I don't have the most disconcerting ear.

Its an Android based unit that has an add-on USB dongle that gives it CarPlay and Android Auto. Carplay will work wired or wireless. Android Auto is wired only. I haven't played with Android Auto since Im an Apple guy. But, you can also run it as a self powered Android unit. No phone needed. But in order to get full use that way you need to at least have a hotspot for internet access. It does all the things youd expect from an Android OS. Video in motion, streaming audio and video. Pretty much anything available in the Play store. Oh, it is also supposed to do screen mirroring. Havent played with that yet.

If anyone is interested I can put you in touch with the guy selling these units. Im not part of the sales and don't stand to make anything. I would and have recommended this to my best friend that also has a Q60, FWIW.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
Pretty cool. Would be nice if it had a boost gauge

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for posting up a review! Glad to hear that you are enjoying the kit.
Totally enjoying it! Appreciate the outstand sales and support!

The wireless CarPlay starts and auto connects now like it came with the car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Other functions like backup camera with split-screen 360 view also work ?
I don't have 360 but everything stock still works as before. Backup cam works fine.

Cant send you a private. Says you cant receive them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Does this replace the top screen as well or do you utilize the factory display? Did you have Factory nav to start with?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts