Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

My Borla exhaust with aFe LDP's. Underrated Setup?

4K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Sales@F.I. INC. 
#1 ·
Hey there,

I just installed my full Borla catback exhaust with aFe lower downpipes. I've never seen anyone with this exhaust combination or post any videos of the Borla catback. Is there any reason why the Borla exhaust is so underrated? I installed it on my 3.0T Q60 with aFe LDP's and I'm in love! I have a video of it on my channel if you want to listen:

Let me know what you guys think. Just thought it would be good video to post here because there are no posts or videos on the Borla CBE and I don't really see anyone installing the aFe downpipes as well.

Thanks,

#2 ·
I bet the fact that aFe and Borla's parts are quite new for this platform compared to alternatives such as Fast Intentions, Ark, and HKS is why they are not as popular.

You didn't ask for my opinion, but I think the exhaust sounds bad (I hate that ricer style purr sound as the RPMs drop). I bet there are others that dislike the sound as well, contributing to how rarely we see them mentioned in the community.

I am glad you found an exhaust setup that you enjoy.

#3 ·
You didn't ask for my opinion, but I think the exhaust sounds bad (I hate that ricer style purr sound as the RPMs drop). I bet there are others that dislike the sound as well, contributing to how rarely we see them mentioned in the community.

I am glad you found an exhaust setup that you enjoy.
^This. Yup, different strokes for different folks.

For the older guys like me, FI's system has the right tone, and provides some hp/tq gains, too.

#4 ·
Your opinions makes sense, but this isn't my daily driver, so I'm fine with being abnoxious on the weekends. Plus, I mainly do night drives when there isn't much traffic on the roads. This Borla CBE is pretty much straight-piped, except for the rear muffler. I personally love it and I'm addicted to this sound now.

#5 ·
I believe the reason you do not see folks running this setup is b/c the Borla is so close in price to a hand built Fast Intentions exhaust which has somewhat of a cult following now. I had the 14" FI CBE on my Q60RS400 matched with the FI LDPs and love love loved the sound. So clean and crisp without any drone

#6 ·
Yup, I was also considering the FI exhaust, but I talked to one of thier sales people about a month ago and their lead time was a little over 4 MONTHS! Screw that! I'm not gonna wait 4 months for an exhaust, no matter how good is supposedly sounds. Plus Borla has the best warranty out of all the exhaust brands with their million-mile warranty.

#7 ·
The tone of that setup is pretty nice. A bit loud for my taste but since its not your daily I understand the agressive setup. The ricer style sound when the RPM's drop, if I understand what Malmby is reffering to, seems to come more from the tuning and is amplified from louder exhaust setups. A lot of German cars for example usually have the burbles on rpm drop that kind of masks this.

Yup, I was also considering the FI exhaust, but I talked to one of thier sales people about a month ago and their lead time was a little over 4 MONTHS! Screw that! I'm not gonna wait 4 months for an exhaust, no matter how good is supposedly sounds. Plus Borla has the best warranty out of all the exhaust brands with their million-mile warranty.
Ya FI has a serious backlog or shortage on parts or something. I ordered their catback for my Q60 with the options selected as 14" resonators, 14" carbon mufflers and prismatic tips since end of June 2020 and still have not received it (10 months and counting :cautious:). Their last update back on March 19th said it was at the end of production and that my selected options caused a long lead time. I did order through a motorsport store here in Canada that has a vendor account with FI because they cover the import fees for you. I have been VERY patient because of all the sound clips I've heard I like their catback that will pair with my AMS catted downpipes.

#8 ·
The tone of that setup is pretty nice. A bit loud for my taste but since its not your daily I understand the agressive setup. The ricer style sound when the RPM's drop, if I understand what Malmby is reffering to, seems to come more from the tuning and is amplified from louder exhaust setups. A lot of German cars for example usually have the burbles on rpm drop that kind of masks this.

Ya FI has a serious backlog or shortage on parts or something. I ordered their catback for my Q60 with the options selected as 14" resonators, 14" carbon mufflers and prismatic tips since end of June 2020 and still have not received it (10 months and counting :cautious:). Their last update back on March 19th said it was at the end of production and that my selected options caused a long lead time. I did order through a motorsport store here in Canada that has a vendor account with FI because they cover the import fees for you. I have been VERY patient because of all the sound clips I've heard I like their catback that will pair with my AMS catted downpipes.
What the fauucckkk? You've been waiting 10 months for that exhaust? I would be flipping out and calling FI every week. That's insane. Did you confirm that FI even had your order on file?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.