Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is your vehicle smarter than a fifth grader? Probably not but it can remember a vast amount of information – your optimal operating temperature? Done. Your favourite radio drivel? Memorized. GPS destinations (don’t let wifey see), actually maybe we should forget about that...

Infiniti decided that wasn’t enough and took whole concept to absurd levels, “My car knows me” (MCKM) may be the most frightening slogan since BIG BROTHER LOVES YOU.

Debuting on the Q50, expect to see the technology show up on all future Infiniti models, Including Q60, Q30, Q70 and all QX SUVs. MCKM will memorize 32 selectable settings across 10 functions, including preferred seat positions, cabin temperatures, routes home and even whether the driver prefers an ABC or a QWERTY keyboard.

Expect your Q60 to welcome you by name, as well as display photographs of friends and family on the car’s touch-screens to make you feel more at home. Where the pictures come from is still unknown…

MCKM will also remember driver preferences for the majority of technology available: Back-up Collision Intervention, Intelligent Brake Assist Plus, Lateral Stability Enhancement, Active Trace Control, Intelligent Cruise Control, Distance Control Assist, High Beam Assistant, Blind Spot Intervention and Warning, as well as Active Lane Control, Direct Adaptive Steering.

MCKM will remember 4 people – three registered users and one guest. All the preferences will be stored in what Infiniti calls an advanced intelligent i-Key – A glorified USB stick mainly. The information is saved automatically and can be updated, or deleted, using the screens.

So thorough is the system it stretches into the mundane and remembers if you like digital or analogue clocks, Celsius or Fahrenheit, even able to remind you which night you will be sleeping on the couch.

SWEET.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Great write up. I'm actually looking forward to messing around with the tech in the Q50 and Q60, kinda cool the Q50 will be one of the first of it's kind to have this tech!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great write up. I'm actually looking forward to messing around with the tech in the Q50 and Q60, kinda cool the Q50 will be one of the first of it's kind to have this tech!
I wonder if I'll be able to get my Q60 to play me a theme song everytime i start her up. HAHAH that would be awesome. Or maybe if you start driving spiritedly the Q60 swaps the playlist to something more aggressive. This is what Infiniti should be working on...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Some of these features seem to be overkill. Who would want an ABC keyboard as opposed to a QWERTY keyboard? I also don't really need to see pictures of my friends and family on my display screen. Furthermore, i would not want to take the time to upload such photos into my car. But I like the idea of a start-up theme song. :p

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some of these features seem to be overkill. Who would want an ABC keyboard as opposed to a QWERTY keyboard? I also don't really need to see pictures of my friends and family on my display screen. Furthermore, i would not want to take the time to upload such photos into my car. But I like the idea of a start-up theme song. :p
maybe Q60 will take photos of you surreptitiously, one day all of a sudden a picture will pop up of you picking your nose at a red light.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Interesting I guess I will have to play with some of these features to get the most out of them. wasn't aware of some of the functions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts