Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Majestic White 3.0t Non-Sport Build So Far....
Dealer is going to love me on the first service :D

Akebono Sport brake kit
Stop Tech S/D F/R rotors
Stillen CIA
Tanabe upper strut bar
Black grill
Wrapped lower lip
Infiniti Sport exhaust w/muffler
Emm Tuning carbon fiber side vents and interior pieces.
MRR Ground Force GF9 20x8.5 5x114.3
ET15 CB66.1 Machined Silver
MRR Ground Force GF9 20x10 5x114.3
ET35 CB66.1 Machined Silver
245/35ZR20 95Y HANKOOK K120
275/30ZR20 97Y HANKOOK K120
Replaced the few halogen bulbs with LED
30% tints all around and 50% on the windshield

Next up will be a set of springs, rear deck spoiler and some bass in the trunk.

·
Registered
686 Posts
That looks awesome man. Can you get me a job at wherever you work? I need to make money like you!

Did you do the CF interior pieces install yourself or did you take it somewhere?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Thanks man! I did all the work myself. No need to pay a stealership to do something that is not very hard to do. Its more rewarding that way too.
Nice! Dude, can you give me a walkthrough on how to take all of those pieces off? I want wrap my pieces with vinyl, but I'm deathly afraid I'm going to break the clips that hold them in place or scratch/dent the plastic parts.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Very nice!. What was the motivation to go with the 300HP engine instead of 400HP? Are you planning to make up the difference with rebuilt turbos and a tune?

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice! Dude, can you give me a walkthrough on how to take all of those pieces off? I want wrap my pieces with vinyl, but I'm deathly afraid I'm going to break the clips that hold them in place or scratch/dent the plastic parts.
Don't be scared to pull. Start with the side piece by your legs. Everything pops out nicely. Just go slow and see the clips come out.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice!. What was the motivation to go with the 300HP engine instead of 400HP? Are you planning to make up the difference with rebuilt turbos and a tune?
Couple reasons - Dealer didn't have any in stock and I really didn't want to pay more than I am know for it. Plus the 300hp is more than fast enough for me. It's not like I'm racing it and when the little ricers pull up to me at a light, I just let them take off with their Juan Valdez fart can exhausts. However I did have a nice run with a Tesla the other day. Couldn't help myself >:)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Don't be scared to pull. Start with the side piece by your legs. Everything pops out nicely. Just go slow and see the clips come out.
I've taken off the side pieces by the center console before to install a new cupholder, and yea it just takes patience and luck, but how about the door handle covers? Do I have to get under there with a screwdriver or something? I'd like to do the window control covers too, but I see you didn't do those either...

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've taken off the side pieces by the center console before to install a new cupholder, and yea it just takes patience and luck, but how about the door handle covers? Do I have to get under there with a screwdriver or something? I'd like to do the window control covers too, but I see you didn't do those either...
Ah.. you will need to take the door panels off. There are about 10 screws that hold on the inserts. There are three bolts on the door panel. one behind the door release then one at the top and bottom of the door pull. need to take the cover off on both to access the bolts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You are my hero. I'll be doing (almost) the same thing to my liquid platinum version once it arrives next week! Did you replace the pedals with the sport aluminum ones yet?

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You are my hero. I'll be doing (almost) the same thing to my liquid platinum version once it arrives next week! Did you replace the pedals with the sport aluminum ones yet?

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
Replace pedals? No, I'm good on that one. Looking into adding paddle shifters tho

·
Registered
500 Posts
Ah.. you will need to take the door panels off. There are about 10 screws that hold on the inserts. There are three bolts on the door panel. one behind the door release then one at the top and bottom of the door pull. need to take the cover off on both to access the bolts.
How did you find the door panels build quality to be? Do you think that someone can easily damage part of it during removal? I noticed that sometimes door panels are very fragile.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is a beauty!

How much did it cost to get all the interior carbon fiber pieces?

Also a question about your wheel setup - on the front you have 245's, any reason you didn't go with a 255? Was fitment an issue? I'm about to get some custom wheels myself and was thinking about doing 255 all around (I have an AWD).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh **** you for having the big brake kit and rims on before me! Dude your car is SICK!!!! Time to get the credit card out and do some shopping lol.

Seriously, great call on going with the 3.0 premium. We get much better gains from add one and saved $20k on the car price. Honestly, don't understand why people overpaid for the red sport. Same engine and all the mods I would do to the red sport I did to mine and am nipping at the heels of 400hp... saved money on the sales price and used it for the mods to set the car up how I want it.

Now a tune and all u red sport owners can suck my dust!

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh **** you for having the big brake kit and rims on before me! Dude your car is SICK!!!! Time to get the credit card out and do some shopping lol.

Seriously, great call on going with the 3.0 premium. We get much better gains from add one and saved $20k on the car price. Honestly, don't understand why people overpaid for the red sport. Same engine and all the mods I would do to the red sport I did to mine and am nipping at the heels of 400hp... saved money on the sales price and used it for the mods to set the car up how I want it.

Now a tune and all u red sport owners can suck my dust!
Thanks! I do want to get it tuned as there is a place in South Florida doing them and getting close to the 400hp mark, but I'm concerned on the warranty. My luck, I'll do it, and something will fail ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Naw.... keep in mind same motor as the red sport... I probably won't tune, why tune when downpipes, a cat back and intake gets you close to 400 hp anyway... all I know is I have had way more expensive cars and several just north of the 3.0 premium price tag and after 3 months I still walk backwards into the grocery store staring at my car :) really nice machine we have. Period.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts