Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Graphite, premium plus, illuminated kicks, cargo.
Picked it up Friday at 3pm, and had it looking like this by 8pm Sat night. If the red-on-red is the RAGE Edition, I guess mine is the STEALTH Edition.
Cloudy grey day. Paint is total color change. In the sunlight it sparkles silvers and blues. At dusk it just looks Obsidian, even when you are right up on it you cant see the flake in the paint. Today in these shots its like a dark, dark grey with no flake in sight. Pretty cool.
Now to figure out the exhaust and what the **** I'm going to do with my front plate.

I did manage to get one nice shot of the Midnight at the dealership when the sun was shining. That's not dirt or dust, its the flake.

I'll throw-up some more shots up when the rain stops and the sun is out.

Reactions: Garnoch

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess i don't know how to post pics. My bad.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
That's an interesting color. It looks good. Did you plasti-dip the chrome?

Also, just noticed the subtle debadge. I like that even more. Was thinking about doing the exact same kind of debadging and you've given me a good look at what it would look like. Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That's an interesting color. It looks good. Did you plasti-dip the chrome?

Also, just noticed the subtle debadge. I like that even more. Was thinking about doing the exact same kind of debadging and you've given me a good look at what it would look like. Thanks
Yes, I dipped it yesterday. Thought about having it all done in vinyl, but have a budget for mods and want an exhaust badly. I've worked with plasti before on a few projects, including my 2011 g37xs coupe and sons 2011 g sedan, so I felt pretty confident. Wasn't looking to murder it, just tone it down. I still wanted some of the accents, while getting rid of others. So I went straight black on the window trim. I never liked the kink, so now it's gone. I covered the entire fog surround (all of the black plastic) and rear bumper vents and reflectors in black as well, and shot a super light layer of silver mettalizer onto them to match the paint a bit. Funny thing is, when there's no sunlight, and the paint looks just gloss, these areas still sparkle a bit. I'll drive it for the week and if it bugs me, peel it and just go black. Finally I did the grill surround, fender vents, top of the mirror caps, little sliver on the door handle, and rear diffuser in dark grey. I hit every thing with gloss top coat. First time I've used their "glossifier". Put down one coat. Looks like a nice satin/semi-gloss, which is what I wanted. I'll see what it looks like in the sun. I debadged everything. The rear mt. Fugi is oem QX56, which is obviously a little larger. I wanted it centered, and when you just take off the words, it sits a little high for my taste.
I like it. Now need a little roar when I punch it.

Reactions: Garnoch

·
Registered
93 Posts
This looks great I've been waiting to see one here.

I've bought a midnight black redsport with red interior (you can only get a redsport MB with red or white in Canada for some reason) I'd prefer graphite interior too. I'm still waiting for mine for about a month so far.

I was planning on doing the exact same debadge and plasti dip mods - great minds think alike I guess haha. I may leave the window trim chrome and the lower reflectors red however - haven't decided yet.

Awesome that I can see what my car will look like while I'm waiting to actually get mine.

You seem like you mod with a similar "clean appeal" with very subtle changes which is similar to my style - I look forward to see what else you do to it.

Congrats on the new car!

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Yes, I dipped it yesterday. Thought about having it all done in vinyl, but have a budget for mods and want an exhaust badly. I've worked with plasti before on a few projects, including my 2011 g37xs coupe and sons 2011 g sedan, so I felt pretty confident. Wasn't looking to murder it, just tone it down. I still wanted some of the accents, while getting rid of others. So I went straight black on the window trim. I never liked the kink, so now it's gone. I covered the entire fog surround (all of the black plastic) and rear bumper vents and reflectors in black as well, and shot a super light layer of silver mettalizer onto them to match the paint a bit. Funny thing is, when there's no sunlight, and the paint looks just gloss, these areas still sparkle a bit. I'll drive it for the week and if it bugs me, peel it and just go black. Finally I did the grill surround, fender vents, top of the mirror caps, little sliver on the door handle, and rear diffuser in dark grey. I hit every thing with gloss top coat. First time I've used their "glossifier". Put down one coat. Looks like a nice satin/semi-gloss, which is what I wanted. I'll see what it looks like in the sun. I debadged everything. The rear mt. Fugi is oem QX56, which is obviously a little larger. I wanted it centered, and when you just take off the words, it sits a little high for my taste.
I like it. Now need a little roar when I punch it.

I like it. Do you have a p/n by any chance for the larger emblem on the back? I've used the glossifier in the past and was pleased with the results. I think I went with a double coat when I used it and it looked pretty good imo.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This looks great I've been waiting to see one here.

I've bought a midnight black redsport with red interior (you can only get a redsport MB with red or white in Canada for some reason) I'd prefer graphite interior too. I'm still waiting for mine for about a month so far.

I was planning on doing the exact same debadge and plasti dip mods - great minds think alike I guess haha. I may leave the window trim chrome and the lower reflectors red however - haven't decided yet.

Awesome that I can see what my car will look like while I'm waiting to actually get mine.

You seem like you mod with a similar "clean appeal" with very subtle changes which is similar to my style - I look forward to see what else you do to it.

Congrats on the new car!
Interesting, and a little odd, with regards to some of the packages that aren't available in Canada. I really like the red leather, but really prefer the dark carbon fiber over the silver fiber. Would have been a tough call for me if I had had to choose. Good luck with your modifications. As for me, I'll just be looking to get my exhaust and hind a home for my front plate from here on out.

I like it. Do you have a p/n by any chance for the larger emblem on the back? I've used the glossifier in the past and was pleased with the results. I think I went with a double coat when I used it and it looked pretty good imo.
I don't have an actual part number. I got mine on EBay for $40. It's '04-'07 QX56 rear hatch. The odd thing is, that when I got it I was shocked to find out it is not only held on with adhesive, but had 2 small posts on the back to push into mounting hole. I didn't even think they did that anymore!!! I just grabbed each post with a pair of pliers and twisted them off, and gave them a quick sanding. Sits on nicely. Thinking newer QX80 versions may not have the posts, but I'm really not sure. It worked out for me though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's quite annoying they have all these fancy new colors for these cars yet no color samples to show them off with...
It's quite annoying having a fancy new color, and having it be grey with rain and SNOW everyday since you brought it home from the dealership.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
It's quite annoying having a fancy new color, and having it be grey with rain and SNOW everyday since you brought it home from the dealership.
Not sure if anyone can corroborate the p/n but I think there is a black sport grille with ICC and I think the p/n is F2310-5CB1A but I'm not sure. Wonder if anyone has a way to confirm? All my contacts are at NNA.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Not sure if anyone can corroborate the p/n but I think there is a black sport grille with ICC and I think the p/n is F2310-5CB1A but I'm not sure. Wonder if anyone has a way to confirm? All my contacts are at NNA.
I guess I'll find out. Placed an order for one...not sure when it will be available. Hopefully, it will come in in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Picked up my Midnight Black AWD Red Sport today! It has Monaco Red interior. Lovin' it so far! Will try to post more pics soon.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I guess I'll find out. Placed an order for one...not sure when it will be available. Hopefully, it will come in in the next few weeks.
So I received the grille today along with the all weather floor mats I ordered. I can confirm that the part number I shared previously is for the black sport grille w/ ICC and that it is gorgeous. Now I still have to wait 3 months for my car which is supposed to come with the cf package which is on backorder so...oh well :crying:

At least I have some good wine!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts