Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to finally join this forum as this is my 7 Infiniti and yes it had to be 2017 Q60s RedSport in Majestic White Pearl / Black Interior. I had a 2017 Q60 3.Ot Premium as a loaner for 3 months awaiting patiently the arrival of my RedSport....So yes I absolutely love the car and had Infiniti installed Custom Exhaust to match the sound of my old 2014 IPL convertible...I posted some photos in album. Really enjoying the beauty of this sport luxury coupe as there are not many on roads in Canada yet !

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats, just joined you w/ delivery of a Graphite Shadow RS400 this past Thursday and am also very impressed w/ the car. It's beautiful in White Pearl as well.

Please share the details of your custom exhaust. The OEM system is certainly VERY quiet. I shouldn't be asking this since it's my wife's car, and she is very happy w/ the quiet, after living in my Jaguar F-Type and C7 Z51, but I can't help myself.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Noticed that you have the AWD and that one pic looks like you have driven it with snow on the ground. How does it handle with AWD and all that power?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just because you have a lot of power doesn't mean you have to use it, especially in adverse conditions. Like my C7 Z51, the Q60 RS400 does have a "weather mode," which will change the throttle mapping to help those folks, who can't control their right foot on the throttle.

Reactions: Matt_F1_racer

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just because you have a lot of power doesn't mean you have to use it, especially in adverse conditions. Like my C7 Z51, the Q60 RS400 does have a "weather mode," which will change the throttle mapping to help those folks, who can't control their right foot on the throttle.
LOL, true, but I was meaning does the AWD provide good traction and no slipping in snow ice conditions.

·
Registered
81 Posts
We've only had our Q a couple of days, so no opportunity to test yet, but I probably will very soon and be sure to check back.

I do have a lot of snow driving experience, while AWD helps, it's mostly about proper tires. I do note that the AWD Q60 RS400 does come with UHP all-seasons, which is a step in the right direction. It should be fine in snow up to 3-4" but you'll still have to be careful. For that matter RWD, is also very capable in snow with proper tires.

I lived in MN for 10 years, and we had a saying there that, "the only real difference between 4-wheel/AWD vs. RWD drive in the snow, was that the 4-wheelers hit the ditch at higher rates of speed."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks and congrats as well to all of you car enthusiast ! *Foosh* im pretty sure you will borrow your wife car often :) but it will never sound as your great V8 Z51 or F-Type as these machines have the best exhaust note on the market. I didnt want my RS400 to sound like another Mustang out there so agreed to go the custom to reproduce a more growl deep sound with twin turbo restrictions. The result is pretty great - I think I got a mild version of a Maserati sound exhaust note that brings attention in a respectful way.
As for winter driving in snow - the car is awesome in snow mode but needs care if you take off all assists and just want to enjoy pure power on a closed road somewhere depending on the driver skills..... Im using my old 18inch TSW mags with Snow Tires Ipikes with studs which probably will need replacement next winter season as there from my old 2014 Q60 IPL convertible. Getting slowly used to the AWD since my preference is power to the rear for more fun control.

I will try to post a video of the custom Exhaust Muffler hopefully within a week but need to find someone thats not scared to press on the gas pedal to record sound and not ask me for a test drive later...

Now for the bad im not thrilled with the Driver Assist options - yes it deeps and warns me all the time but got a recent malfunction warning most probably due to snow build up on the sensors cameras. I turned the braking off - right away as last thing i want the car to brake for me like in a video game.....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Matt,

Thanks for the review. I'm looking forward to hearing the exhaust note on your custom exhaust.

As far as the Q is concerned, I love the way it handles, and the powertrain is very impressive. It feels surprisingly quick. The suspension is well done, with choices well suited to either luxury levels of comfort or various levels of aggressive driving with a roll of the console selector. It's very nice to have those all in the same package.

The icing is that it's a beautiful car. All in all, it's very well done, and I will be "borrowing" it from my wife as often as she'll let me.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts