Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a red sport. Just the Luxe 3.0 AWD

This is strictly performance and not aesthetics. I have plans for aesthetics though... any suggestions would be appreciated.

First off I Just ordered my Fast Intentions exhaust and will be installing asap.
Next I’d like to get the Red Alpha Heat Exchanger. It’s got the best reviews from my research. Then, I’m stuck between Fi Downpipes and Red Alpa down pipes but I’m leaning toward Red Alpha. I would like the Red Alpha air intake as well.
I’ve been reading that people put a different differential on the car but I’m not too sure I want to get into that.
Then after all that I plan on getting it tuned as soon as I install the Heat exchanger, downpipes, and air intake. I am going to install the exhaust as soon as it arrives because I’ve heard it doesn’t need a tune to prevent harm to the car.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,769 Posts
I’ve been reading that people put a different differential on the car but I’m not too sure I want to get into that.
The Luxe has a taller final drive ratio higher than the Red Sport, however, since you are AWD, changing to the Red Sport ratio was require changing the rear diff AND front diff. To access the front diff, the engine must be dropped. IMO, not worth changing differentials.

Since the Q60 comes with open differentials both front and rear, a popular option is to add an LSD to the rear, at least. You can get a helical LSD from Z1 Motorsports, a WaveTech LSD from AMS Performance, or Traction Concepts offers a low-cost LSD that may require shaving the gears to assure proper stack-up of their LSD solution. I've heard good reviews about Traction Concepts, not the best reviews about the helical LSD, and very few reviews on the Wavetech LSD. My choice is the Wavetech LSD, which I should be installing later this year.

As for the front LSD, Quaife makes one for the GT-R, and the same P/N fits the Q50/Q60 front diffs on the AWD platforms.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Luxe has a taller final drive ratio higher than the Red Sport, however, since you are AWD, changing to the Red Sport ratio was require changing the rear diff AND front diff. To access the front diff, the engine must be dropped. IMO, not worth changing differentials.

Since the Q60 comes with open differentials both front and rear, a popular option is to add an LSD to the rear, at least. You can get a helical LSD from Z1 Motorsports, a WaveTech LSD from AMS Performance, or Traction Concepts offers a low-cost LSD that may require shaving the gears to assure proper stack-up of their LSD solution. I've heard good reviews about Traction Concepts, not the best reviews about the helical LSD, and very few reviews on the Wavetech LSD. My choice is the Wavetech LSD, which I should be installing later this year.

As for the front LSD, Quaife makes one for the GT-R, and the same P/N fits the Q50/Q60 front diffs on the AWD platforms.
I will be honest with you. I plan on paying people to do all this for me as I do not know Jack about cars. Only know what I’ve researched... but you seem to be extremely knowledgeable so I appreciate you and your assistance. On a side note of asthetics, I want Niche Rims but am worried about sizing. Would you happen to know about sizing?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Also just watched a bunch of videos on the LSD and wanted to know if you think it is a must

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,769 Posts
I will be honest with you. I plan on paying people to do all this for me as I do not know Jack about cars. Only know what I’ve researched... but you seem to be extremely knowledgeable so I appreciate you and your assistance.
No worries - that's what the forums are for - exchanging information so that other members can make smart, effective mod decisions. Having my Q since late 2016, when there was little mod support, it's unbelievable how much the 2016+ V37 (Q50) & the 2017+ CV37 (Q60) platforms have garnered immense aftermarket support. And with the Nissan 400Z having the same VR30 engine as the Q50/Q60, I can just imagine what further performance enhancements are on the horizon.

On a side note of asthetics, I want Niche Rims but am worried about sizing. Would you happen to know about sizing?
Well, despite the naysayers, I was able to comfortably fit Vorsteiner, size 20"x10" et35 cb66.1, V-FF 112s on my AWD. I matched the wheels with Michelin 255/35R20 PS4s. I wanted a slight stretch on the sidewall, and 255s work well on a 10" wide wheel. It's a very light combination ~ 50 lbs. each corner vs 63 lbs each corner for the stock 19" Red Sport wheels & Dunlop RFTs.

As for the Niche Wheels, for the wheel parameters, then a matching tire, and insert into the sizing link below:

Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets

I ran it assuming you have the 19" wheel, but if not, you can change it:

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,769 Posts
Also just watched a bunch of videos on the LSD and wanted to know if you think it is a must.
With the AWD drive system in our Qs being rear-wheel biased, once you dial-up the power, having at least the rear LSD is imperative. I'm planning on sending my rear differential to AMS for installation of the Wavetech LSD this summer. It really sucks to be tuned with +500 WTQ and not have LSD. If I fail to disable the VDC, I'll spin the right rear out of a corner and the traction control will kill the power.

As for the front Quaife LSD I mentioned earlier in the thread, the engine needs to be dropped to access the front diff. A few forum members w/AWD Q50s & Q60s have had upgraded turbos installed, which required an engine drop, so they took the opportunity to install the Quaife LSD in the front diff at that time.

·
Registered
242 Posts
As for the front Quaife LSD I mentioned earlier in the thread, the engine needs to be dropped to access the front diff.
The Quaife front LSD is designed in such a way that all driving wheels must be on the ground or off the ground simultaneously. No more lifting a corner at a time if you need to do a quick tire rotation or swap.

I am sitting on the Quaife front LSD still in its box (I am not a fan of how Quaife shipped it, either--pretty much zero protection or padding, but it appears to be unharmed thankfully), and am debating getting a WaveTrac front LSD for the GT-R instead, as our front differential part numbers appear to be identical. (Not a good financial plan, but it is what it is.)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,769 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
The thread compares geared vs clutched LSDs - Wavetech not mentioned.
Wavetrac is a helical gear differential, just like the Quaife. The internal specifics vary slightly, such as Wavetrac's patented hub technology and Quaife's proprietary gear design.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.