Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Enthusiast,

Any of you put Nano coating on your Q60 or has experience with it? I am wondering if it is worth it. Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
2,117 Posts
Hi fellow Enthusiast,

Any of you put Nano coating on your Q60 or has experience with it? I am wondering if it is worth it. Thanks,
I've got minimal experience with a ceramic type coating. It makes it easier to wash/wipe down your car and will protect the paint for soft substances like tree sap, bug guts, etc. All of those are usually a quick wash or wipe away from a clean shiny surface. The paint is also protected to some extent from UV degradation.

However, your car paint is still very susceptible to damage from the elements (tree branches, hail, rocks, stones, etc). If you're trying to protect the car from debris, Xpel or 3M film might be the best choice but they can get pricey depending on what you decide (I think it runs around $3k to cover an entire car if you don't use pre-cuts).

Let us know what you decide an cost. I think all the members here would benefit from knowing what it might cost. :D

·
Registered
591 Posts
I heard Suntek film was a good option too as it has a better self healing top coat compared to Xpel, but 3M isn't very popular with people. Those will be better for scratch protection.

Really depends on what you want to protect your car from and your budget.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I use Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Protection, it's a great sealant.

For sacrificial paint protection solutions, there are waxes, sealants and coatings. Waxes last the shortest time (about a month at most) but give the paint the most depth. Sealants generally last longer (3 to 4 months) but give the paint more of a shiny appearance rather than depth. Coatings are the longest lasting (we're talking years) and from what I've seen give the paint a similar appearance that sealants do. One major difference to coatings I've seen is their application process which tends to be less forgiving and user-friendly when it comes to even application, where as waxes and sealants follow identical application processes. I've thought about using Cquartz but the instruction line stating after 10 minutes of drying don't go back to fill missed spots cause it will stain the paint freaks me out. Stain?! What?!? With a white car applying anything can result in missed spots so I've stuck with just sealants. I just apply it at seasonal changes, with the spring and fall coats being the major detailing events.

If you're looking for film protection that's out of my realm of knowledge, but I've never cared for them myself anyways. I have heard that some companies are addressing the yellowing effect of their films tho.

Reactions: YGQ60

·
Registered
13 Posts
Their are lots of sites offering feedback on nano coating i would suggest reading a few of those sites information and see if that's what your expecting. I myself like a good sealer wax and polish but i have the time to do it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I am currently asking a few shops for Nano coating estimates. So far it would set me off approximately $900 for 2 layer 5 year warranty or $1700 for 5 layers and a lifetime warranty.

For a full car wrap were looking at between $2600 and $3500.

I am going to speak to someone who has done both his cars last year and take a look at his car to see if the benefits and the hype is real.

Also planning on going to spend a few hours at a Nano coating shop to see their method and the finished work.

I'll keep you posted...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I did the ceramic coating on my black C7 (CQuartz Finest), and then had the entire front end, including full hood, fenders, and rockers, wrapped with XPEL Ultimate. This is about the 4th car I've done a PPF on, and it does make a huge difference in stopping rock chip damage.

I tracked both a previous C6 Z06 and a Lotus Elise, and over time the film was pretty chewed up and sand-blasted. When I removed the old film after several years, the paint underneath both cars was still flawless. Thus, it's important to keep in mind that a PPF is designed to be sacrificial. It will suffer debris damage, but that means your paint didn't take the hit.

As for the ceramic coatings, think of them as the"uber" wax. Nothing is more durable or hydrophobic. If the car is garaged when not on the road, kept clean, and occasionally given a layer of protection with a "quick wax," they can last a lot longer than 5 years. They also help limit swirl marks.

The ceramic should be UNDER the PPF, and that makes it simple to remove old film without adhesive residue if it's damaged. With film on top of ceramic, you're left with a completely pristine paint finish underneath.

A normal cleaning on my C7 is just a hose off and blow dry w/ the ceramics and film.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts