Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Q60S, dynamic sunstone red
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2017 Q60 red sport 400. This started tonight. After driving car, then parking, the nav screen ( top half of center console) went black after I put car into reverse. No rear camera view, no map, no nothing). Had to turn off car and restart to get it to work. Happened again an hour later when i got home after driving for about 15 minutes. Pulled into garage, put it in Park, then put it in Reverse to see what happened. Same thing - screen went black. It appears as though audio functions still worked. I was able to get voice commands with steering wheel controls. But, screen stayed black til i restarted. Heard this was a problem with older infinitis. Anyone else see this?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Don't think I've seen anyone experience this issue on the forums so far. Have you contacted your dealer? It'll be best to let them know everytime it happens so they have a log of your complaints on it so they can't say that it's a first time thing, wait and see if it happens again.

May just need a software update?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
2017 Q60 red sport 400. This started tonight. After driving car, then parking, the nav screen ( top half of center console) went black after I put car into reverse. No rear camera view, no map, no nothing). Had to turn off car and restart to get it to work. Happened again an hour later when i got home after driving for about 15 minutes. Pulled into garage, put it in Park, then put it in Reverse to see what happened. Same thing - screen went black. It appears as though audio functions still worked. I was able to get voice commands with steering wheel controls. But, screen stayed black til i restarted. Heard this was a problem with older infinitis. Anyone else see this?
The camera may be dead.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But the camera works upon restart, i.e. i turn car off after screen goes black, then start car, screen appears, go into reverse, camera works.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Theres another guy in here with the exact same problem. Yeh, im taking it into dealer on monday.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Theres another guy in here with the exact same problem. Yeh, im taking it into dealer on monday.
Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry it had to be under these kinds of circumstances and I hope it gets resolved quickly and painlessly.

Keep us posted on what they find. See if you can find a way to recreate it so that the dealer can't pull the old, "we couldn't get it to reoccur" routine. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
This happened to me one time about a week ago. I thought that it might have been related to me just jumping in the car , starting it up, backing up and taking off without giving the computer a chance to go through its "loading" sequence. I'll see if it happens again in the future I guess before I panic.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There were a few Q50 people with this/similar problem. I'd suggest first rebooting the Intouch system 3 times in a row (no joke). You reboot by pressing and holding the volume button while the car is on.

If the problem persists, shoot a video of it and take it to the dealer. Hopefully the video will help with the inevitable fact that this problem with never, ever be repeatable in the service drive at the dealership.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok folks, took it into the dealership Monday and of course the problem never repeated itself. However, the tech spent a long time and reported this: He said that all of the electronics in the car are grounded to a common metallic crossbar. However, the crossbar is also painted and sometimes that paint prevents a solid electrical connection. He said it's possible that under certain situations, a faulty contact may lead the car's onboard diagnostics to think something is wrong and then automatically directs electricity only to essential electrical systems, shutting down the others. So, he disconnected all of the grounded connections, then scratched off all of the paint on the crossbar and reconnected everything.

Who knows if that is the explanation, however, it's something he has done before on other Infinitis. Anyway, the problem hasn't re-occurred yet (knocking on my wooden desk as I type this). Will keep you all posted if things change.

As for rebooting the intouch system by pressing/holding the volume control button. Does that delete all of your settings when you do that? (Plus, how long do you hold the button down?) Thanks for all of your feedback - Frank

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
As for rebooting the intouch system by pressing/holding the volume control button. Does that delete all of your settings when you do that? (Plus, how long do you hold the button down?) Thanks for all of your feedback - Frank
It's not any different than restarting a PC. Hold it down until it starts the reboot process.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok folks, took it into the dealership Monday and of course the problem never repeated itself. However, the tech spent a long time and reported this: He said that all of the electronics in the car are grounded to a common metallic crossbar. However, the crossbar is also painted and sometimes that paint prevents a solid electrical connection. He said it's possible that under certain situations, a faulty contact may lead the car's onboard diagnostics to think something is wrong and then automatically directs electricity only to essential electrical systems, shutting down the others. So, he disconnected all of the grounded connections, then scratched off all of the paint on the crossbar and reconnected everything.

Who knows if that is the explanation, however, it's something he has done before on other Infinitis. Anyway, the problem hasn't re-occurred yet (knocking on my wooden desk as I type this). Will keep you all posted if things change.

Do you happen to know WHERE this ground is? Worth a shot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts