Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was just about to park my Q60s this morning and as I'm about to go in to reverse and use my wonderfully trustworthy back up camera... I noticed the screen was completely black.

Messed around with it trying to get it on and nothing. (Didn't realize how much I need my back up camera till I didn't have it )

Has anyone experienced this before? I posted a video. I only have 650 miles (half way through the break-in period!!! almost able to push the car!!) but I shouldn't be having issues already?

And then when the screen finally came back on it was flickering. (Couldn't get it in the video)

https://youtu.be/YmH59t9r2fA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Q60....My issue was black nav screen but also no audio from any source which occurred intermittently. This first started at about the 800 mile mark. Dealer replaced the DCU (Display Control Unit), which so far has taken care of both problems. Good Luck!!

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Q60....My issue was black nav screen but also no audio from any source which occurred intermittently. This first started at about the 800 mile mark. Dealer replaced the DCU (Display Control Unit), which so far has taken care of both problems. Good Luck!!

Wow. Didn't know it was that serious of a problem. Hate the thought of my babe being taken apart like that. But if it has to be done.

Thank you for the insight.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I hear ya man!! Ha. I hated the thought of it being taken apart too...don't scratch that carbon fiber!!. Luckily, it all went well. :) This apparently has been an issue for some Q50 owners since 2014.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My nav screen has not gone out... but my lower screen went out.. luckily it's only happened once but it was mega annoying.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Haven't had it happen to my car but I have a loaner as my car is in for service and the loaner has just done a full shut off and reboot (both screens) out of nowhere twice in me so far.

·
Registered
189 Posts
In my previous posts about this issue I was more specific. Both screens went black on occasion and the audio sound did not work in any mode intermittently. These glitches did not happen at the same time.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haven't had it happen again yet, but it if it does driving the car right through the front of the dealership building and demanding a replacement.

It annoys the **** out of me that a brand new $55k car would malfunction like that...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope so. The infotainment system Infiniti developed already had its downfalls... this just makes it worse.

My fiance's mom just purchased a '17 VW Touareg for $25k and their infotainment surpasses Infiniti's infotainment system.

Her system is much more responsive when you touch it, it doesn't lag, AND it supports apple and android car play... smh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine has been rebooting since I bought the car last October, about once per month. In addition to that sometimes the buttons just stop working and I have to turn off the car to get the buttons to start working again.

at first they tried to blame my iPhone but I told them it has happened even when my iPhone was not connected. It also happened with my iPhone 6s and my newer iPhone 7.

my dealership wouldn't do anything until I was able to get a video showing it happening. Now they said they will replace the screen ( it seems like a bigger problem than just the screen, I've asked them if that screen has a control board/mothboard built-in because just replacing the screen isn't going to do anything )

the problem has slowly gotten worse, this month alone it has rebooted about 5-times

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
My screen has frozen a couple of times. I just hold down the power button until it restarts.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I wish Infiniti would rethink it's InTouch system. Maybe work with someone that knows their stuff (like Garmin who helped developed the UConnect system with Chrysler for use in FCA vehicles) instead of developing their own. Try out a UConnect system if you haven't had the chance....it's one of the better developed systems imo.

Thankfully, my system has glitched only once where the top and bottom screen refused to turn on (the driver panel didn't even show there was an audio system either). A quick reboot fixed the glitch but I didn't think to hold down the power button to reset the system (I'll keep that in mind if it reoccurs).

·
Registered
231 Posts
Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Purchase by December 29th to receive free shipping! That's a savings of $3.95!!!!!

Reactions: testrage

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Speaking of navigation... I noticed the other day that the 2018 update is available for us....

Infiniti Navigation Map Updates | Infiniti | Infiniti Navigation System ITGen5 SD Card Year 2018 | HERE

Is it worth it? Will it only update maps/directions? I wish it would update those dang ancient graphics, lol.

Depends on house much you actually use the car's navigation system...

I personally use my phone for everything, despite having the navigation system... I personally won't pay $130 for a map that will be outdated in a few weeks ( Roads are constantly being worked on)..

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Speaking of navigation... I noticed the other day that the 2018 update is available for us....

Infiniti Navigation Map Updates | Infiniti | Infiniti Navigation System ITGen5 SD Card Year 2018 | HERE

Is it worth it? Will it only update maps/directions? I wish it would update those dang ancient graphics, lol.
Probably not worth it. Not much changes YOY usually but give it a few years and it will probably many more relevant changes.

I use Google Maps as well as the Infiniti navigation usually. I like that Nissan & Infiniti branded navigation systems show rest stops along the way. When I worked at Nissan and had to drive to suppliers 1-6hrs away at the drop of a hat, it helped knowing how far away the rest stops were since the only pit stops needed were of the human nature kind. I don't know if any other OEM navigation system does this in their cars/trucks, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
infotainment system continues to malfunction and reboot

Mine has been rebooting since I bought the car last October, about once per month. In addition to that sometimes the buttons just stop working and I have to turn off the car to get the buttons to start working again.

at first they tried to blame my iPhone but I told them it has happened even when my iPhone was not connected. It also happened with my iPhone 6s and my newer iPhone 7.

my dealership wouldn't do anything until I was able to get a video showing it happening. Now they said they will replace the screen ( it seems like a bigger problem than just the screen, I've asked them if that screen has a control board/mothboard built-in because just replacing the screen isn't going to do anything )

the problem has slowly gotten worse, this month alone it has rebooted about 5-times

Both My GPS and Infotainment system have continued to have problems. the Infotainment system reboots about once per month. the GPS screen will turn off and on for a few seconds at a time, at least once per week.

The dealership Replaced the DCU ( display control unit ) a few months ago , but the problems have continued.

They made me take video's of these things happening before they would do anything, which always happens when I'm driving down the road. I've talked to the dealership and Infiniti Consumer Affairs and they both seem fine with the fact that I have to take these video's while driving in order to get any support from them.

Now, they have sent me a note saying that Infiniti Technical Support is reviewing my video's and currently the issue is under Engineering Review and no further action is suggested at this time.

I asked the Infiniti Consumer Affairs people if they would sell me a discounted extended warranty to set my mind at ease and they are not even willing to sell me an extended warranty at any discount ( even though I think I shouldn't have to buy an extended warranty at all )

FYI.
2017 Q60 , purchased in October 2016
problem started in November 2016

1 - 20 of 21 Posts