1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this Q60 advertised on fleabay today:

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0T | eBay

Description (from the listing):

Heres your chance to own a Sweet Infinity Q60 3.0T for the fraction of the retail price
We purchased this car BRAND NEW from an Insurance company in California.It had sustained roof damage while being shipped to the dealer. The damage is very minimal!
Because of this, it will come with a rebuilt title

We drove it from California to Idaho thus the mileage
Runs, drives, smells like a brand new car
can text more pics if interested 2083905921

For those thinking about buying this branded title car, I'd like to see the photos of the damage before I roll the dice on this one. And no warranty either... but hey, only $26k.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Color me skeptical. Why the rebuilt title? The insurance company called a $44k car a loss because of "minimal" roof damage? The pictures don't look very minimal, but also not like $20k worth of body work.

·
Super Moderator
2,658 Posts
Maybe CA or ID doesn't allow a damaged untitled car to be sold with a new title.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw that auction as well. I had just read this article about a 9 mile Z06 salvage project so was day dreaming.

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2<\/title><path d="M10,3.5l3-3,3,3Z" style="fill:%23fff;stroke:%23fff"/><path d="M0,3.5H10l3-3,3,3H26" style="fill:none;stroke:%231b3a4d"/><\/svg>')}.f_branding_on.blog-group-deadspin .editor-inner.post-content .pu

Could be a good track car project if it can be had for under $20k. From what I heard if the roof is damaged to the point where there is too much sheet metal stretch it can't be repaired back to new condition. And the roof is not like the hood or other body panels where you can just replace it with a new one. As result most dealers would take the insurance money and dump the car. You see a lot of hail damaged car with similar issue. With that said, my suspicion is that there is more to the story otherwise why wouldn't the owner just keep a great deal. I wouldn't touch it unless I can personally inspect it.

·
Super Moderator
2,658 Posts
I saw that auction as well. I had just read this article about a 9 mile Z06 salvage project so was day dreaming.

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2<\/title><path d="M10,3.5l3-3,3,3Z" style="fill:%23fff;stroke:%23fff"/><path d="M0,3.5H10l3-3,3,3H26" style="fill:none;stroke:%231b3a4d"/><\/svg>')}.f_branding_on.blog-group-deadspin .editor-inner.post-content .pu

Could be a good track car project if it can be had for under $20k. From what I heard if the roof is damaged to the point where there is too much sheet metal stretch it can't be repaired back to new condition. And the roof is not like the hood or other body panels where you can just replace it with a new one. As result most dealers would take the insurance money and dump the car. You see a lot of hail damaged car with similar issue. With that said, my suspicion is that there is more to the story otherwise why wouldn't the owner just keep a great deal. I wouldn't touch it unless I can personally inspect it.
The seller is a car dealer. It's never been owned by an individual

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Have to admit, for a prospective buyer this listing looks tempting. But the old familiar axiom comes immediately to mind: "If it looks/sounds too good to be true... "

·
Super Moderator
2,658 Posts
Have to admit, for a prospective buyer this listing looks tempting. But the old familiar axiom comes immediately to mind: "If it looks/sounds too good to be true... "
The moon-roof might leak like a mofo

·
Super Moderator
2,658 Posts
Good thing it never rains in Idaho...I think. Come to think of it, what happens in Idaho other than potatoes? :laugh:
Snow?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts