Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! The time has finally arrived for me to trade in my 2004 FX35 (original owner- yeah, I’m a “seasoned” mature driver), on a new vehicle. The 2019 Q60 Red Sport 400 was my initial choice... but my finances, and the financial incentives on a new 2018 Q60 Sport made it just too good to pass by.

So about the car... it’s an AWD 3.0, Iridium Blue, graphite leather/carbon fiber, sensory package, ProAssist package. I would have liked intelligent cruise control (it was on my FX), but with the way they bundle the packages, that would include some other options that I don’t really want/need.

It was difficult to say goodbye to my faithful FX after 15 years, but it was time for a change. I’m loving the Q60S so far... amazing power (with only 300 hp ;)), great handling, although I’m not sold on the Dunlop run flats it came with.(really... no spare, no jack?) Overall I’m really excited about this beautiful car, and am looking forward to learning more about it from the knowledgeable folks on this forum!

Regards,

Ron

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,274 Posts
Welcome

·
Super Moderator
2,149 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Post up pics when you get the chance. :)

Plenty of us have switched away from the factory runflats because of how bad they were. The 2 most common brands folks switch to are Continental DWS or Michaelin A/S3+ (I have these) although there are a few folks with other brands. I don't think anyone who has switched has said they regretted the switch.

·
Registered
447 Posts
congrats...the 2018 awds should come with bridgestone all seasons, assuming you got the red sport and not the silver sport. i got the same packages. i love the remote start and all around camera.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for the welcome, and advice on tire upgrades! I've got the 2018 silver "S" AWD sport model, which came with the 19" Dunlop run-flats. Looking for spare tire and jack first. Then some upgrades as finances allow. Here's a split photo of the FX35 on delivery day back in 2004 and the Q60S on delivery day, 2019. Same driveway, new car!

Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
i love the blue...i say start with tint and chrome delete.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! The time has finally arrived for me to trade in my 2004 FX35 (original owner- yeah, I’m a “seasoned” mature driver), on a new vehicle. The 2019 Q60 Red Sport 400 was my initial choice... but my finances, and the financial incentives on a new 2018 Q60 Sport made it just too good to pass by.

So about the car... it’s an AWD 3.0, Iridium Blue, graphite leather/carbon fiber, sensory package, ProAssist package. I would have liked intelligent cruise control (it was on my FX), but with the way they bundle the packages, that would include some other options that I don’t really want/need.

It was difficult to say goodbye to my faithful FX after 15 years, but it was time for a change. I’m loving the Q60S so far... amazing power (with only 300 hp ;)), great handling, although I’m not sold on the Dunlop run flats it came with.(really... no spare, no jack?) Overall I’m really excited about this beautiful car, and am looking forward to learning more about it from the knowledgeable folks on this forum!

Regards,

Ron
I just bought a 2019 Q60. Hit a small pothole and pass front tire blew. Wtf? It has no spare, even a jack, and comes w one tire iron?? Is this right? Dealer says yeah it come w a tire iron and nothing else. What kind of retarded **** did I buy for 44k?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I just bought a 2019 Q60. Hit a small pothole and pass front tire blew. Wtf? It has no spare, even a jap, and comes w one tire iron?? Is this right? Dealer says yeah it come w a tire iron and nothing else. What kind of retarded **** did I buy for 44k?
They equipped them with runflats, so they eliminated the spare tire.

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,274 Posts
What kind of retarded **** did I buy for 44k?
Apparently you didn't do your research or even inspect the trunk when you purchased.
Other cars with no spare (2017 MY):
Acura NSX
Audi R8
Audi TT
BMW 2 Series
BMW 3 Series
BMW 4 Series
BMW 6 Series
BMW i3
BMW i8
BMW X3
BMW X4