Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked it up last night! Spent the better part of the last 24 hours driving, or as much as I could. I had some concerns over getting it in black, as in the G37S, it really washed out some of the nice curves. But I was overdue for a black car. Have to say that for me, the new body curves are so dramatic, the black doesn't wash out nearly as many of the curves as I expected. Only one picture so far, but will take some more.

First impressions from a somewhat non technical driver;

- Even more so than my old G37S, this car wants to go! Unreal how fast this car feels all the way through the power range. The G got quick in the upper rpms...this car feels really consistent.
- Suspension is amazing, a perfect balance of feeling and comfort. I haven't really played around with the suspension settings yet. Got a 3 hour drive coming up this weekend which should give me more time to do that.
- Traction/Stability control seems far more refined than it was in the G. Both let you get the back end out a little bit, but the Q feels smoother in it's pick up and recovery.
- Jury is still out on the steer by wire, still getting used to it...certainly different, no more or less precise, but not used to how 'loose' it feels with no road feedback. Almost makes you feel less in control when you're pushing it around a corner, but conversely, comforted by the feeling that I don't have a 5 foot spear pointed at my heart.
- The inside is really comfortable from the seats (amazing) to the lack of really any outside noise in the cabin.
- Let's out a good growl when you get on the gas, but missing the old exhaust note a little bit.
- Still gets lots of looks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Congrats westernunion71! Looking forward to any additional impressions over time.

Have fun and drive safe.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes, congrats and keep us updated!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum! The car looks awesome! I am thinking I will also get the AWD RS version, so I'm curious as to how you think it performs? My current G coupe is RWD, but thinking AWD will be better this time around for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts