Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I got a new custom tune today from ACG / Ben Linney through Ecutek.

Stock Tune Numbers:
326.3 WHP
324.6 WTQ

New Tune Numbers:
347.1 WHP
426.5 WTQ

This is done on my stock Q60RS, I will have more updates as my mods come in.

I will also have a video up soon!

If interested in this tune please PM me and i'll get you setup!

Car feels great! That torque is much needed!

-Marco

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hmm...I haven't tuned my Q60 RS yet since I have no mods right now, but those numbers seem pretty low for a stock RS compared to some other numbers i've seen...or am I going crazy?

·
Registered
252 Posts
i have seen higher numbers but with intakes,downpipes and exhaust. im sure there will be some crazy numbers with more tweaking and 3 inch piping

·
Registered
25 Posts
There will always be differences between dyno runs and this one is a mustang dyno, which usually report lower numbers than dynojet...and i reckon this was in california so ran @91 octane. Anyways, the most important is the delta / gain between two runs as that's the only thing that matters.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Will be interesting to see the Zero to Sixty and 1/4 mile times before and after tuning.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There will always be differences between dyno runs and this one is a mustang dyno, which usually report lower numbers than dynojet...and i reckon this was in california so ran @91 octane. Anyways, the most important is the delta / gain between two runs as that's the only thing that matters.

That is correct, Mustang Dyno aren't forgiving lol..

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will be interesting to see the Zero to Sixty and 1/4 mile times before and after tuning.
I will have those numbers in the video this week, stock was 4.7 secs 0-60, it will all be on video stay tuned!:nerd:

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is right where I thought it should be, I think the numbers are pretty good for it being a Mustang Dyno. Trying to get up to 450 - 500 WHP without touching the turbos, tons more to come guys, we have a lot of new developments in the works for this platform. Its gonna be great, We will be carrying all bolt-ons / tunes with wheels options as well for this platform. I will be updating you all with some great things, stay tuned!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
How does this compare to the other scatterings of tunes out there? I believe there are a few ecutek based tunes out there but haven't really gotten much feedback.

The 3 others that I know of that have already starting tuning for the VR30 are Orangevirus, Visconti, and D.A.P., curious as to not just dyno numbers but also the perceived feel on acceleration, etc.?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How does this compare to the other scatterings of tunes out there? I believe there are a few ecutek based tunes out there but haven't really gotten much feedback.

The 3 others that I know of that have already starting tuning for the VR30 are Orangevirus, Visconti, and D.A.P., curious as to not just dyno numbers but also the perceived feel on acceleration, etc.?

Hey Zen,
I left you a reply on your post about this tune, thanks for asking!

·
Registered
66 Posts
0-60 times

VBOX 0-60 check it out!
Marco,

You are showing the 0-60 time at 4.3. The listed stock on the red sport is 4.5. That means that you custom ECU tune improved your 0-60 by only .2 seconds. I was hoping that one of these custom tunes that is showing improvement at the rear wheel by a minimum of 50-60 hp would get the vehicle 0-60 closer to the 4 second mark.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Marco,

You are showing the 0-60 time at 4.3. The listed stock on the red sport is 4.5. That means that you custom ECU tune improved your 0-60 by only .2 seconds. I was hoping that one of these custom tunes that is showing improvement at the rear wheel by a minimum of 50-60 hp would get the vehicle 0-60 closer to the 4 second mark.
Hey Zen,
I don't know of anyone actually getting 4.5 0-60, we got 4.7 0-60 with the stock tune.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Even at that, a custom tune to get you a 0.2 faster 0-60 is a pretty big deal.

Now if it is in fact 4.7 with the stock basemap and you're getting 4.3s that's really darn impressive

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Even at that, a custom tune to get you a 0.2 faster 0-60 is a pretty big deal.

Now if it is in fact 4.7 with the stock basemap and you're getting 4.3s that's really darn impressive
Yep, we were really stoked on it.. More versions of the tune are still being made, more to come guys!

Thanks,
Marco

·
Registered
66 Posts
My apologies, I did not wish to denigrate the performance improvements on this particular tune.

I was looking at several published internet sources which mentioned the 0-60 at 4.5 s. One of these being car and driver:
Infiniti Q60 Reviews - Infiniti Q60 Price, Photos, and Specs - Car and Driver
Obviously, these published numbers may not reflect real world values.

4.7s->4.3s is almost half a second which does appear to be a significant improvement.

I suspect that I am having the unrealistic expectation that a custom tune which improves the rear wheel HP by 25% may get the 0-60 under 4s (maybe this is a silly ideal.) I am probably oversimplifying it as this is a complex interaction between rear wheel HP, transmission, and the vehicle weight.

Additionally, I doubt that we can really unleash the potential of this engine or push the boundaries without upgrading the intercoolers or turbochargers. Hopefully someone like Stillen is working on this.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Maybe I missed something but I thought this is a stock RS with just a tune no bolt-ons. The number I saw on the first page says ~20 whp and ~100 wtq gain. Looking at the plot, most of the improvement is on the low to mid-range. Wondering why Infiniti left so much torque on the table on the lower end. Hopefully it's not because of concern with the durability of the transmission.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My apologies, I did not wish to denigrate the performance improvements on this particular tune.

I was looking at several published internet sources which mentioned the 0-60 at 4.5 s. One of these being car and driver:
Infiniti Q60 Reviews - Infiniti Q60 Price, Photos, and Specs - Car and Driver
Obviously, these published numbers may not reflect real world values.

4.7s->4.3s is almost half a second which does appear to be a significant improvement.

I suspect that I am having the unrealistic expectation that a custom tune which improves the rear wheel HP by 25% may get the 0-60 under 4s (maybe this is a silly ideal.) I am probably oversimplifying it as this is a complex interaction between rear wheel HP, transmission, and the vehicle weight.

Additionally, I doubt that we can really unleash the potential of this engine or push the boundaries without upgrading the intercoolers or turbochargers. Hopefully someone like Stillen is working on this.
Personally, i use 100hp:1sec to perform my "guestimate", i.e. if you'd add 100hp more then that'll probably shave off 1 sec. AGAIN, it's neither scientific nor mathematically correct by any stretch, it's just me doing an estimate on numbers. :D

Maybe I missed something but I thought this is a stock RS with just a tune no bolt-ons. The number I saw on the first page says ~20 whp and ~100 wtq gain. Looking at the plot, most of the improvement is on the low to mid-range. Wondering why Infiniti left so much torque on the table on the lower end. Hopefully it's not because of concern with the durability of the transmission.
I guess that's what really the case was.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts