Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today is the long awaited day when the InTouch app was updated. Has anyone been able to successfully launch it and get into their profile? I'm curious how it looks with the redesign...hopefully much nicer but the d*mn thing keeps telling me it can't load my vehicles.

Stupid stupid app thingy....:mad:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was initially stuck on the login screen with the spinning wheel for about a minute. After that, I enter in my VIN as required but the app doesnt want to accept it so it asks me if I want to sign in using my Infiniti Online Portal. When I choose this option, it takes me to the browser but there is no option to sign in. Kinda of comical that Infiniti hasnt been able to get this right. Hopefully there will be another update soon to fix the bugs.

Anybody else have any luck?

·
Registered
206 Posts
At the online owner's portal, you need to swipe left to get to the login. But I think you should wait until tomorrow or the next day. I've tried logging in using the app and it keeps failing to fetch vehicle list.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Another disgrace of an app. Crazy. They released an update that takes forever to launch, then forever to accept a password (rather than remember it from before), then asks for a VIN (which is already in my account and remembered in the app yesterday) then won't launch past the VIN page. After many tries, I gave up.

Oh and they even changed the app name so the full name doesn't show below it's icon. That's the only app I've ever had that's done that. Just weird.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At the online owner's portal, you need to swipe left to get to the login. But I think you should wait until tomorrow or the next day. I've tried logging in using the app and it keeps failing to fetch vehicle list.
Yep, this is what I get as well. I logged in using my computer to confirm my password was correct and was able to get in although the online desktop version was laggy, buggy, and did not seem like it had been updated at all. It also timed out a bunch of time and failed to load on a few occasions.

Thank goodness...if it had worked properly from the get go, I might have had a heart attack. Infiniti successfully doing something the first time around is not something my close to middle aged heart would be able to take I think.

:laugh:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi... I was wondering if anyone was able to get in yet. We got an email from Infiniti yesterday advising us that our accounts might be temporarily unavailable today due to the migration..... so I'd probably just check back tomorrow or it's going to be glitchy during the migration.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi... I was wondering if anyone was able to get in yet. We got an email from Infiniti yesterday advising us that our accounts might be temporarily unavailable today due to the migration..... so I'd probably just check back tomorrow or it's going to be glitchy during the migration.
Ah, yes. I got that email as well. Will try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hmmmm, I never got that email. I did just get this one at least....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Could never understand why people complain about InTouch app - it made me $750 toward new lease and I have never cared about using it. I consider in car apps to be in the same category as ability to watch videos on navi screen while driving (we had some iDiots asking how to do that in q50 forums)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Could never understand why people complain about InTouch app - it made me $750 toward new lease and I have never cared about using it. I consider in car apps to be in the same category as ability to watch videos on navi screen while driving (we had some iDiots asking how to do that in q50 forums)
Maybe I misunderstood you, but the InTouch app is not an in car app. It an app on the phone that I use to start my car, keep tabs on it while valet parking and make sure my doors are locks if I think I have forgotten, amongst other things.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmmm, I never got that email. I did just get this one at least....

I got this email as well. Can't login to the desktop website either right now. Guess I'l have to see whether it's available tomorrow.

Thankfully it's been nice and cool here so there's been no need to remote start the car from inside work or make use of any of the InTouch app features (although I really got it mostly for the winter months so I don't have to deice the car or sit in those cold leather seats in the morning). :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Maybe I misunderstood you, but the InTouch app is not an in car app. It an app on the phone that I use to start my car, keep tabs on it while valet parking and make sure my doors are locks if I think I have forgotten, amongst other things.
“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
― Alan Greenspan
[providing attribution to the source so Testrage would not get mad max on me

In Q50 InTouch was a suite of apps (email, calendar etc) none of which worked and people made a weally big deal out of it. Now people make huge deal of not being able to use (not sure if name is right) GoogleAuto and some other useless for real drivers bloatware. I for one - disabled remote start first thing when I got the car - I work in software for quite few year and the less remote capabilities my things have - the better. Nest can shovel it up its ... loss books on me. And smart home is not for weally silly Willy like me...but I will gladly hack into yours if you ask me to :)

Wait...I forgot - those apps still do not work in q60 - what's left of them...

But what do I know - it is only my 7th Infiniti and all of them were white, just the number of doors kept changing so my girlfriends (if they survived 3 years) would get confused when feeling that something changed and ask me The Key Airline Pre-Borad-ing Question: "Did you clean your car yourself?"

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I let my subscription lapse. The only thing I miss is sending destinations remotely to the navigation system and getting an alert when the car has been naughty >:)

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It opened up for me as well...but when I tried the remote start it would ask me to reset my PIN and add a security question but would not let me past that screen. Haven't tried it again since I got to work. Would have been nice if it had worked especially since we had a chilly 40 deg morning here.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mine still isnt working. After entering my password, Im sent to a "Services Unavailable" screen.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It worked for me late last night.... my question is.. who's 5 year old designed the home page? What a cluster f

Reactions: Garnoch

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mine still isnt working. After entering my password, Im sent to a "Services Unavailable" screen.
Yep, mine isn't working anymore either....just checked it and it says 2017 Infiniti Null for my vehicle. You heard it here first....the new Infiniti Null will be out soon as a 2017 model car even though MY2018 has launched already!!!

The Null is the latest in a long line of "nothings" from the manufacturer that brought you the best selling (in H*LL!!) convertible Murano (a car/SUV/monstrosity that will live long in the hearts of everyone that never had the unfortunate luck of seeing one (mostly because they won't have to live with that eyesore permanently imprinted on their minds)!

The Null features the latest technology from Y2k including a screen designed by starving children in Vietnam, headlights that pop under the car (because pop-ups are so passe), and a 0.1L V2 engine with twin-charging (boasting 6000hp and 10lb-ft of torque so you never have to worry about spinning your tires). The high hp number will help you get to any speed imaginable (side note - vehicle may never actually start moving because 10lb-ft of torque is a little low - but at least your transmission is fully protected)

>:)>:)>:)

It worked for me late last night.... my question is.. who's 5 year old designed the home page? What a cluster f
I seriously expected a new fancy design and all that...instead like you said. We got a redesigned GUI that doesn't look that much nicer and takes a lot more time to load!! Serious fail here on Infiniti's end.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got mine to remote start this morning although it took a few tries and kept telling me my PIN was incorrect. I don't know if it will work again later...I guess we'll see :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts