Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0T Premium AWD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I’m new this forum used to have a 2017 Q50 RWD and would check those forums for questions and information from other owners. I decided to cut two doors off that and got myself into a 2017 Q60 Premium AWD at 48K Miles back in October of 2021. I’m based out of South East Florida, I got the car as a rebuild. It’a not in perfect shape but I’m hoping to restore it back to peak condition and maybe even more eventually.

I’m a DIY’er and considering the warranty on the car is void any way, I’ll be doing all my own repairs that I’m capable of and going to a local shop called Leoronardi Performance for anything I don’t feel comfortable doing myself.

Long story short about this car is that I bought it as a rebuild, the damage area was the undercarriage and based off the issues I’ve found I’d say the previous owner took the car airborne or bottomed it out somehow, I’m missing all the splash guards on the bottom so everything is basically exposed. Front Struts are damaged, Broken Passenger-Side motor mount, Front Stabilizer Bar is Bent, Failing rear passenger-side wheel bearing, warped rotors on all four wheels and tons of rust from it being a northern vehicle before.

I’ve already replaced the differential gear oils for both the front and rear differentials, and replaced the Transfer Case fluid with Nissan Matic-S, and did an oil change with Mobil One Synthetic. Allof which should’ve been replaced by that mileage but they were pretty broken down and discolored so I took care of it just to go ahead and knock that out of the way. I also did a muffler delete and did new KN engine air filters.

My plan is to replace the Front Struts first, then the Rear Rotors and The Bad Bearing, after that I’ll probably have Leonardi Performance do the motor mount since I have an AWD Model it’s too crammed in there to try and get that mount out without dropping the engine and trans down which I don’t feel comfortable doing myself, I’ll probably also do a transmission fluid drain and fill while it’s there. During each of these repairs of my own I’ll be doing some rust cleanup.

So that will basically be my little project to get it back into shape. After it’s back in tip top shape I’ll start doing some power adding modifications.

I look forward to seeing y’all around the forum!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,894 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
2022 Q60 Red Sport - Slate Gray/Monaco Red and full of AWESOMENESS!!!
246 Posts
Welcome to the forum and WOW! I just have an image of this car flying through the air and the owner just being like, "YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" 🤣

Anyhow, hope it all goes to plan. Again, welcome and good luck with it. It really is an enjoyable fun car!

·
Registered
2022 Q60 Red Sport - Slate Gray/Monaco Red and full of AWESOMENESS!!!
246 Posts
Also - I'd say document your progress from start to finish and share it. I'd certainly be interested to see it start to finish and I'm sure others would as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts