Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AEM has recently released their intake system for the 3.0t Q50/Q60.

It utilizes the OEM MAF tubing so it is predicted to cause no issues. Please do not quote me on that.

Someone on the FB page ordered it already so I will post updates as I see them.

https://www.aemintakes.com/air_intake/2016/infiniti/q50/3.0l

·
Registered
7 Posts
But a full intake system like Stillen's (but done correctly) would be better than just this heat shield and filter right? The reason why i ask is because AMS and Burgertuning should have intakes releasing soon as well. well hopefully soon...

·
Registered
181 Posts
But a full intake system like Stillen's (but done correctly) would be better than just this heat shield and filter right? The reason why i ask is because AMS and Burgertuning should have intakes releasing soon as well. well hopefully soon...

I cant wait for AMS' stuff. Im thinking about that boost controller from Burgertuning but I also want to wait and see what AMS is going to come out with.

Reactions: lavabake

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But a full intake system like Stillen's (but done correctly) would be better than just this heat shield and filter right? The reason why i ask is because AMS and Burger Motorsports should have intakes releasing soon as well. well hopefully soon...
I too am eager to see what Burger Motorsports has to offer. I have a feeling it will be around the same price point, possibly even cheaper than AEM. Based on their current intake prices.

I cant wait for AMS' stuff. Im thinking about that boost controller from Burgertuning but I also want to wait and see what AMS is going to come out with.
Can't go wrong with the JB1 but I personally am not that interested in the AMS intake. Will it be good? Probably but AMS is known for being pretty pricey.

Now will it be as much as Stillen? Hard to say. But an intake is an intake in my eyes so I am leaning towards AEM or Burger Motorsports. We shall see though

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the AEM in my car now. Have a pic installed and a short video of the sound on my Instagram jeffosjt is the screen name. No clunking so far so good

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the AEM in my car now. Have a pic installed and a short video of the sound on my Instagram jeffosjt is the screen name. No clunking so far so good
Do you like it?

Does it make the turbo spooling sound like the Stillen?

Do you feel a bit of improvement in the performance/acceleration like the Stillen?

(I am one of the unfortunate individuals that had to get rid of my Stillen because of the clunking but I really do miss the stillen)

·
Registered
59 Posts
How is the installation process? I have never did this before. If I wanna get AEM intake, I need to let the dealership do the job.

·
Registered
66 Posts
How is the installation process? I have never did this before. If I wanna get AEM intake, I need to let the dealership do the job.
I haven't done the installation but looking at the parts, it seems pretty easy and straightforward.

The Stillen was a pain the butt mainly because getting to the hose clamp screw on the passenger side turbocharger was challenging. Even then, it was doable.

On these parts, you are not changing the intake hosing so I would theorize that its easy.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Answers below

Do you like it?

Seems fine

Does it make the turbo spooling sound like the Stillen?

Yes about 15% quieter but you still hear it

Do you feel a bit of improvement in the performance/acceleration like the Stillen?

I have the Redsport with a jb1 I'd barely feel another 10hp. So I'd say the same

(I am one of the unfortunate individuals that had to get rid of my Stillen because of the clunking but I really do miss the stillen)

No more clunk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Passenger side top of the hose clamp is a pain in the ass. Different install still a pain but a different pain

I haven't done the installation but looking at the parts, it seems pretty easy and straightforward.

The Stillen was a pain the butt mainly because getting to the hose clamp screw on the passenger side turbocharger was challenging. Even then, it was doable.

On these parts, you are not changing the intake hosing so I would theorize that its easy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anyone have an idea when the BT intake product is coming out? Is their design similar to this one? I heard that they aren't messing with the intake tubing either but their filter is different.

Am definitely going to decide between this AEM and the BT (Doubt that the AMS product will be out anytime soon)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anyone have an idea when the BT intake product is coming out? Is their design similar to this one? I heard that they aren't messing with the intake tubing either but their filter is different.

Am definitely going to decide between this AEM and the BT (Doubt that the AMS product will be out anytime soon)
BT intakes should be out soon. Final design was approved and they ordered a lot of 100 to be made. Unfortunately I haven't seen the design so I can't comment on that. There isn't much of performance gain from these so unless you have cash burning a hole in your pocket, I'd wait until all the kinks have been ironed out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
BT intakes should be out soon. Final design was approved and they ordered a lot of 100 to be made. Unfortunately I haven't seen the design so I can't comment on that. There isn't much of performance gain from these so unless you have cash burning a hole in your pocket, I'd wait until all the kinks have been ironed out.
Spoke with them today. The intake will be released in 1-2 weeks. Design is very similar to AEM as far as no mods to the stock intake tubing and MAF sensor just change in the filter housing and filters.

Filters will be cone type high flow similar to the ones used by Stillen.

No dyno numbers available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Will these intakes ever be CARB legal?
Not sure, fortunately the sound isn't as aggressive as others (Stillen) and likely not noticeable enough on a stock car to raise suspicion, unless full throttle near an officer. Although even then the car is so quiet compared to others, I'd be more worried about exhibition of speed :eek:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have been reading some stuff on the FB and Q50 forums on these AEM intakes. Some people are apparently having issues similar to the Stillen CAI as far as tranny problems. Anybody have any firsthand knowledge or experience with this?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts