Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I'm minutes away from purchasing a 2018 INFINITI Q60 3.0t Luxe Coupe RWD
car has 22k miles on the VR30, single owner, clear carfax.
I am already looking at mods for the car:
1. Heat Exchanger
2. Lower Down Pipes
3. cat-back Exhaust
4. Intake
5. ECUTEK tuner
6. Blow off Valve (HKS?)
7. Cooling Expansion Tank
8. Driveshaft (AMS?)
9. Coilovers (BCR) car is going to be a daily & Wheels (Volk)

goal is to make 100+hp

Please chime in if have a moment, share with me your experiences.

Thanks!

Super Moderator
Welcome. If the car didn't come with 100+ hp it's not an authentic Q60 馃榿

Super Moderator
Then that powerplant is pumping out at least 300 hp (y)

Reactions: digdeep0169

Super Moderator
I'm at 5500 elev in Alb, NM... I'm afraid to dyno here at this elev...
Every vehicle around you is at that same elevation so you're all on the same playing field. Anyway, back in 2017 when the Q60 first hit the market, one of the reviewers put a Q60 3.0 on a dyno and were surprised that Infiniti had underestimated the advertised HP ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Which
Every vehicle around you is at that same elevation so you're all on the same playing field. Anyway, back in 2017 when the Q60 first hit the market, one of the reviewers put a Q60 3.0 on a dyno and were surprised that Infiniti had underestimated the advertised HP ;)
What are your thoughts on the the 3.0 Luxe Coupe vs the red sport 400? should i jump into the big boy?

Super Moderator
Which

What are your thoughts on the the 3.0 Luxe Coupe vs the red sport 400? should i jump into the big boy?
I've only test driven a 300 once and I took it easy so I couldn't really give an honest review comparing it to my RS 400. IMO, if you want 400 hp, buy 400 hp. If you want 700 hp, buy 700 hp instead of using mods to get there.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I've only test driven a 300 once and I took it easy so I couldn't really give an honest review comparing it to my RS 400. IMO, if you want 400 hp, buy 400 hp. If you want 700 hp, buy 700 hp instead of using mods to get there.
Hmmm.... ok. I'm a bit of a wrencher, so i do like new projects. Guess i can always add to the RS400.. but the price on the 300 vs 400 is significant.

(my Camaro in my avatar pic is 590hp) she's my beast.

Super Moderator
Hmmm.... ok. I'm a bit of a wrencher, so i do like new projects. Guess i can always add to the RS400.. but the price on the 300 vs 400 is significant.

(my Camaro in my avatar pic is 590hp) she's my beast.
IMO mods are a gamble, but some do like to play that game.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts