Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Just got a brand new red sport 400 q60s full package. Have had problem with it since. A day after driving my abs light, traction control and. Emergency front brake, lane assist and cruz's all came on. Almost got into an accident bc of that and the car spinned around itself . Dealer replaced the abs, now the warning lights are gone. But the front emergency brake sometimes brakes automatically close to an object even if my driving aids are off.
Also my city fuel economy jumped up to about 20L/100K. Does anyone have similar issues with their new q60? I'm going crazy ?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Whoa! Haven't had any problems here and very little reports across these boards. I would read up on your Canadian Lemon law and plan accordingly. What your seeing is crazy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whoa! Haven't had any problems here and very little reports across these boards. I would read up on your Canadian Lemon law and plan accordingly. What your seeing is crazy!

I know! I still can't understand why a brand new 80k car should act like that. and infiniti just doesn't give a sH**. Plus I got some damage on my paint bc of that. worse experience I ever had. Do you know if I can get any data out of the car myself?

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I know! I still can't understand why a brand new 80k car should act like that. and infiniti just doesn't give a sH**. Plus I got some damage on my paint bc of that. worse experience I ever had. Do you know if I can get any data out of the car myself?
This might be a stupid question, but if the dealer replaced the ABS module, then doesn't that mean they acknowledged there was an issue? So doesn't that mean they should take care of any bodywork needed as a result of the system failing? I guess I'm just trying to understand the logic they might use to deny covering it.

If you're still running into issues which the dealer is unable to replicate, I would recommend getting a dash cam or GoPro setup to record the front of the car and the driver's foot well area (to show the brakes are being applied without you hitting them...etc)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This might be a stupid question, but if the dealer replaced the ABS module, then doesn't that mean they acknowledged there was an issue? So doesn't that mean they should take care of any bodywork needed as a result of the system failing? I guess I'm just trying to understand the logic they might use to deny covering it.

If you're still running into issues which the dealer is unable to replicate, I would recommend getting a dash cam or GoPro setup to record the front of the car and the driver's foot well area (to show the brakes are being applied without you hitting them...etc)
yeah they replaced the ABC module. That's exactly what I told them, dealer even gave me a report of what has been replaced including the ABS module. But they said well we do not have a proof what caused damage to your car, so logically if the car is under the warranty then anything happened because of the car's malfunction should also be covered. I am just thinking how I can prove it so they won't be able to deny. I don't know if this worth going to court

That's actually a good idea, I can also record my gas mileage that way. I get 21/100km in city which is outrageous

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
yeah they replaced the ABC module. That's exactly what I told them, dealer even gave me a report of what has been replaced including the ABS module. But they said well we do not have a proof what caused damage to your car, so logically if the car is under the warranty then anything happened because of the car's malfunction should also be covered. I am just thinking how I can prove it so they won't be able to deny. I don't know if this worth going to court
I kinda see where they're coming from. It might be worth it confirming the cost to fix and then seeing if they would be open to some cost sharing instead if you make no headway with them covering completely.

If you decide to run a dash cam permanently, it can be used as potential justification in future. Some dash cams have a gps function which could help as well.

Is the car a lease by any chance?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I kinda see where they're coming from. It might be worth it confirming the cost to fix and then seeing if they would be open to some cost sharing instead if you make no headway with them covering completely.

If you decide to run a dash cam permanently, it can be used as potential justification in future. Some dash cams have a gps function which could help as well.

Is the car a lease by any chance?
that might be a good idea. It is financed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts