Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all. Hi from a new member. Thanks for all the threads here. Fun to read and helpful.

Yesterday I pulled the trigger on a Hagane Blue 3.0. To give some info on this new member, I went wth that color because when I was 15, I bought a 1967 Mustang Fastback for $300. It was white and rusted and in pieces. I spent a couple years building it back to life and painted it a blue similar to the Hagane Blue. Exactly 30 year later I still have that car, but it's back to it's original white. I miss a blue coupe. So there you go.

Here's my order...

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t Premium AWD
Hagane Blue
Gallery White Semi-aniline Leather Interior / Dark Wood Trim
Premium Plus Package 3.0t
Leather Seating Package
Dark Maple Wood Accent Package
Driver Assistance Package
Direct Adaptive Steering
Technology Package 3.0t

I was going to special order one like that with the Infiniti Radiant Interior Ambient Lighting thrown in, but the dealer thinks they found one without the Ambient Lighting but with the Cargo Package and Illuminated Kick Plates. I said that was fine. I should know later today if that car is a go or if I'm placing a special order.

Thanks again, everyone.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Congratulations on pulling the trigger. The Hagane Blue w/ Gallery white interior and dark wood trim will give it an extremely classy look. Would love to see pictures when you get in there !

·
Registered
591 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The Ambient Lighting trade-off for the Cargo Package and Illuminated Kick Plates sounds pretty fair and the kick plates will protect that area from boot scratches and other damage.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Congrats Garnoch. That color blue is a very tempting color that looks really upscale. My usual thing is grey but I'm having second thoughts coz of the blue. Let us know when you get the car and keep us posted on your impressions.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, all. I'll keep updated and I'll post pictures for sure. As of now there appears to be two like this in the country and the one they checked on has a deposit on it. The dealer will be checking back on that one in a couple days and may be checking on the other but that one is on the other side of the country. If they don't work out, I'll order exactly what I want.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had to place a build order. Hopefully will have it in about three months. Here's the final order...

Hagane Blue
Leather Seating Package
Direct Adaptive Steering
Technology Package 3.0t
Radiant Interior Ambient Lighting
Cargo Package
Illuminated Kick Plates

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I had to place a build order. Hopefully will have it in about three months. Here's the final order...

Hagane Blue
Leather Seating Package
Direct Adaptive Steering
Technology Package 3.0t
Cargo Package
Illuminated Kick Plates
Wow, three months...I thought it was around 6-7 wks. At least, that's what they told me when I used to work for NNA. Never tried it though so not certain. 3 mths is a long time especially for a non RS version.

Btw Garnoch, I've been meaning to ask. Did you test drive the RS before you went with the sport? If yes, did you go with the sport for any particular reason over the RS? Kinda curious...I like the red leather seats but not the silver carbon fiber. I prefer the black maple wood look instead but it's not available that way unfortunately.:crying:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, three months...I thought it was around 6-7 wks. At least, that's what they told me when I used to work for NNA. Never tried it though so not certain. 3 mths is a long time especially for a non RS version.

Btw Garnoch, I've been meaning to ask. Did you test drive the RS before you went with the sport? If yes, did you go with the sport for any particular reason over the RS? Kinda curious...I like the red leather seats but not the silver carbon fiber. I prefer the black maple wood look instead but it's not available that way unfortunately.:crying:
Hmmm, well they could have been giving me a very safe timeframe when in reality it's usually more like 6 weeks. I have no way of knowing until it shows up. We'll find out. :)

Yeah I've read reviews where they loved the silver optic fiber and others that thought is was too glossy and cheap looking, which I'm sure was not the effect Infiniti was after. Like you, I don't care for it. I also don't care for brown wood in a sporty car but lucky for me, Infiniti chose black. Plus I play guitar and love black flamed maple so I really did have my heart set on the wood and was at first disappointed when it wasn't available in the RS. Like you, I really loved the red leather but couldn't get it in the non RS. Luckily I like the white leather just as much as the red, and the black flamed maple works beautifully with it. I really wanted the Hagane blue too, which I think will look amazing with the white leather - and you can't get red leather in the Hagane RS anyway.

And though I love fast cars, it's not like I can get the RS with a manual trans and I'm not going to be racing it, so I'm really more about it looking like how I want as long as it's fast "enough". So I didn't bother test driving the RS first but did make sure I test drove this one before deciding. I was actually pretty floored by its speed and take off. It definitely feels much quicker than my G35 or any 37 I've driven. If it were a dog, I'd have test driven the RS. At that point I knew I'd be thrilled with the non RS and be able to get it exactly how I wanted it to look and load up the features, without having to put that money into an RS badge that I wouldn't get much use out of anyway.

By the way, I've heard conflicting stories. Is the non RS 3.0 a Silver Sport even though it doesn't have the silver S badge, or are they coming out with an actual SS? I've heard there is suppose to be a SS with the sport brakes, paddle shifters etc. Oh paddle shifters were another reason I originally wanted the RS, but I had read the lag in the paddles is still there and I didn't like that at all in the Q50 (which I have test driven) so that wound up something I decided I didn't want to pay for.

Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
479 Posts

Hagane Blue
Leather Seating Package
Direct Adaptive Steering
Technology Package 3.0t
Cargo Package
Illuminated Kick Plates
Congrats! Always better to just order exactly what you want instead of having dealer add items,lol! It will most likely show up before 3 months as they always give you the worst case scenario just to cover their butts.

I thought that the 300hp version was the Silver Sport, but there seems to be some confusion going on,lol.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Hmmm, well they could have been giving me a very safe timeframe when in reality it's usually more like 6 weeks. I have no way of knowing until it shows up. We'll find out. :)

Yeah I've read reviews where they loved the silver optic fiber and others that thought is was too glossy and cheap looking, which I'm sure was not the effect Infiniti was after. Like you, I don't care for it. I also don't care for brown wood in a sporty car but lucky for me, Infiniti chose black. Plus I play guitar and love black flamed maple so I really did have my heart set on the wood and was at first disappointed when it wasn't available in the RS. Like you, I really loved the red leather but couldn't get it in the non RS. Luckily I like the white leather just as much as the red, and the black flamed maple works beautifully with it. I really wanted the Hagane blue too, which I think will look amazing with the white leather - and you can't get red leather in the Hagane RS anyway.

And though I love fast cars, it's not like I can get the RS with a manual trans and I'm not going to be racing it, so I'm really more about it looking like how I want as long as it's fast "enough". So I didn't bother test driving the RS first but did make sure I test drove this one before deciding. I was actually pretty floored by its speed and take off. It definitely feels much quicker than my G35 or any 37 I've driven. If it were a dog, I'd have test driven the RS. At that point I knew I'd be thrilled with the non RS and be able to get it exactly how I wanted it to look and load up the features, without having to put that money into an RS badge that I wouldn't get much use out of anyway.

By the way, I've heard conflicting stories. Is the non RS 3.0 a Silver Sport even though it doesn't have the silver S badge, or are they coming out with an actual SS? I've heard there is suppose to be a SS with the sport brakes, paddle shifters etc. Oh paddle shifters were another reason I originally wanted the RS, but I had read the lag in the paddles is still there and I didn't like that at all in the Q50 (which I have test driven) so that wound up something I decided I didn't want to pay for.

Good luck with your decision!
We've got similar tastes. In my case, I'm considering ordering the RS in graphite shadow with the red interior and carbon fiber package (which isn't available as an option on the 3.0TT). I'm thinking of replacing the interior silver cf panels then with the dark maple wood because I love that look as well.

The Q50 we had for a short while had the brown maple wood and I don't think it looked as good as the black one.

Btw, thanks for the comparison between the G37 and 3.0TT. I had a Q60 for a while and it helps to know that even the regular sport model feels quicker. I heard of someone getting 30mpg on the hwy in it...best I ever got from a tank was 27mpg.

·
Registered
250 Posts
There is going to be a silver sport Q60, just like the Q50. I've read it's coming out early next year. It's basically the RS without the 400-hp engine and red calipers. I doubt the red interior will be available on it, either.

The 3-month timeline sounds about right. My RS was ordered in early Sep, and they're expecting it in early Dec.

For the trim/leather combinations, you can always order the trim panels later if the factory doesn't make the color/material combination you like. There are only a few trim panels for the interior, so it probably won't cost that much for the wood panels. I'd estimate less than $1000. Carbon fiber will cost more. But if you replace your panels, you can sell your old ones on ebay to recover some of the cost.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We've got similar tastes. In my case, I'm considering ordering the RS in graphite shadow with the red interior and carbon fiber package (which isn't available as an option on the 3.0TT). I'm thinking of replacing the interior silver cf panels then with the dark maple wood because I love that look as well.

The Q50 we had for a short while had the brown maple wood and I don't think it looked as good as the black one.

Btw, thanks for the comparison between the G37 and 3.0TT. I had a Q60 for a while and it helps to know that even the regular sport model feels quicker. I heard of someone getting 30mpg on the hwy in it...best I ever got from a tank was 27mpg.
There is going to be a silver sport Q60, just like the Q50. I've read it's coming out early next year. It's basically the RS without the 400-hp engine and red calipers. I doubt the red interior will be available on it, either.

The 3-month timeline sounds about right. My RS was ordered in early Sep, and they're expecting it in early Dec.

For the trim/leather combinations, you can always order the trim panels later if the factory doesn't make the color/material combination you like. There are only a few trim panels for the interior, so it probably won't cost that much for the wood panels. I'd estimate less than $1000. Carbon fiber will cost more. But if you replace your panels, you can sell your old ones on ebay to recover some of the cost.

Ah swapping the panels out and selling the panels that come with it is a great idea, and graphite shadow with the red interior will look amazing. Good luck. And yeah the gas milage looks great, especially since I'm getting 18mpg in my G.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I ordered an AWD graphite shadow with red leather. I think it'll look really good. I actually like the silver fiber optic trim, and I've heard it looks good in person, so I plan to keep it. The black carbon fiber would look good, too. I'm surprised that's not an option with the red and white leather.

I'm thinking about replacing the red center console lid with a black one, though. I think the red one looks a little out of place since the rest of the vinyl/leather leading to the dash is black. With a black lid, the contrast would look nice, and would also match the black cup holder area between the back seats. The picture is just a sample from a car here in Dallas.

I'm stepping down from a GTR, which was an awesome car, but I'm looking forward to cheaper/rotatable tires, better fuel economy, and cheaper maintenance.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ordered an AWD graphite shadow with red leather. I think it'll look really good. I actually like the silver fiber optic trim, and I've heard it looks good in person, so I plan to keep it. The black carbon fiber would look good, too. I'm surprised that's not an option with the red and white leather.

I'm thinking about replacing the red center console lid with a black one, though. I think the red one looks a little out of place since the rest of the vinyl/leather leading to the dash is black. With a black lid, the contrast would look nice, and would also match the black cup holder area between the back seats. The picture is just a sample from a car here in Dallas.

I'm stepping down from a GTR, which was an awesome car, but I'm looking forward to cheaper/rotatable tires, better fuel economy, and cheaper maintenance.
I love that picture because it gives a real sense of the interior compared to marketing pictures. And after seeing it, I'm with you on a black console lid. I assume it's easily ordered.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Any dealer can order the part. It's either $168 or $182 according to the parts list. It doesn't specify the color in simple terms, so I don't know which price is correct. You have to know the part number. But the parts desk will be able to order the right one with your VIN. They probably don't have many parts in the system yet, so it may take some time to get it. I'm going to drive mine for a while with the red lid before I make a decision, but at least it's not an expensive part. Plus, the red one will definitely sell on ebay.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts

Good point on the center console lid. I didn't notice it before but I agree that it would flow better with a black lid.

Btw, fellow GTR owner here as well although I plan on keeping mine. The Q60 will be my DD. Don't think I could afford a new GTR anymore, so I'm keeping mine as long as I can...plus she's already paid off and the market is down on them right now.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had a gun metallic 2012 GTR with a black interior. Mine was also paid off, but I sold it last month because my Infiniti dealer offered to give me a loaner Q50 until my Q60 arrives. I was at 57K miles, so I wanted to sell it before 60K. I only drove it about 5K miles the first two years. I had some fun doing auto-cross and drag racing. I also had it pro-tuned and lightly modified. I decided I should drive it since I spent the money, so I sold my '07 Maxima, and the GTR became my DD. While it was fun to drive, it's just too expensive to operate as a DD. Even with all-season run-flats, I was replacing tires every 25-30K miles for about $2500 after installation/alignment. Transmission/differential service was roughly $1500 at 36K miles, and was coming up again at 72K. Fuel economy was about 20 mpg for my normal driving. The nail in the coffin was when the dealer told me at the 54K service that I needed new front struts. That would have been a roughly $6000 affair, and I started thinking about what would come next. Brake jobs are at least $4000. Plus, I was terrified of a transmission failure out of warranty. I don't want to drop another $15K into a car after the initial $100K. I had been eyeballing the new Q60 since the concept vehicle, and the GTR struts finally pushed me over the edge. I sold it for $52K, and I feel very relieved to be heading into a brand new car with a warranty that will cost much less to operate. Plus, the GTR sale makes the Q60 purchase a fairly inexpensive venture. The red sport is basically a GTR-light, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I don't need a race car to drive to work. However, I will say the GTR is an amazing vehicle, and I'm glad I bought it. But I agree with your point about its increasing price tag. There's no way I'd buy a new one. A comparable 2017 to my 2012 model is about $20K more, and only has 35 more horsepower. My loaner 2016 Q50 is really nice, and I'm definitely excited about my new red sport.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 64 Posts