Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Bought my RS Launch Edition (Dynamic Sunstone Red, Carbon Fiber Trim, all available options, limited edition leather RS Sport Bag, Limited Edition Car Cover) about a month and a half ago. Love the car. Considering the Rorty exhaust. Anyone who has experience with it, please chime in.

See you on the threads!

j

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
I don't think anyone here has installed the Rorty exhaust, or even mention it. So you could be the first one to install it around here.
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hope you have plans to get some paint protection done since right off the lot (or even before) is always the best time. Not enough people get it done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I read through every post. I think I'm going to wait for the Sport Exhaust with mufflers to come out (hopefully later this year) before I do anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum. I hope you have plans to get some paint protection done since right off the lot (or even before) is always the best time. Not enough people get it done.
I really should. Constant rocks getting flinged at you while you're driving the freeways here in AZ.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all,

Bought my RS Launch Edition (Dynamic Sunstone Red, Carbon Fiber Trim, all available options, limited edition leather RS Sport Bag, Limited Edition Car Cover) about a month and a half ago. Love the car. Considering the Rorty exhaust. Anyone who has experience with it, please chime in.

See you on the threads!

j
I also bought a RS Launch Edition in 2017 and I LOVE it! I have noticed that my tail light lenses are much darker than other Q60's and I was wondering if your tail lights look like they have been tinted. I looked closely at mine and they have not been wrapped or spray tinted...so I'm thinking they are factory..?

See Attached pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
I also bought a RS Launch Edition in 2017 and I LOVE it! I have noticed that my tail light lenses are much darker than other Q60's and I was wondering if your tail lights look like they have been tinted. I looked closely at mine and they have not been wrapped or spray tinted...so I'm thinking they are factory..?

See Attached pics...
They look tinted

·
Registered
145 Posts

See Attached pics...
they don't look factory at all. likely sprayed from the inside. little too dark for me but that's a taste thing.

nice ride overall. I would suggest getting the trim wrapped to help pull it all together.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
28 Posts
they don't look factory at all. likely sprayed from the inside. little too dark for me but that's a taste thing.

nice ride overall. I would suggest getting the trim wrapped to help pull it all together.
Tail lights, like head lights, are sealed units, so it would not be possible to spray tint them from the inside...I'm sticking with my theory that they are OEM until proven otherwise..

All the trim on my car is wrapped (including the grill with C/F), no "chrome" is visible..

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Tail lights, like head lights, are sealed units, so it would not be possible to spray tint them from the inside...I'm sticking with my theory that they are OEM until proven otherwise..

All the trim on my car is wrapped (including the grill with C/F), no "chrome" is visible..

Both are easily opened up. Just pop them in the oven at 200* for abut 5-8 minutes. The butyl rubber seal will release once you wedge a flat puddy knife or screw driver in the seal. I've done it on several vehicles in the past. It's one of the better ways to spray-tint tail lights vs any type of overlay on the outside. Commonly used on vehicles with the orange markers inside the headlight housing too or to paint the interior reflective surfaces of headlights black vs chrome.

The majority of the ones I do are related to fixing moisture inside lenses whereby the customer is going to end up buying a new one anyway but ask that I fix it or attempt to do so first. Haven't failed at one yet.

That said, without seeing and touching your tail lights it's hard to tell how they were tinted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Both are easily opened up. Just pop them in the oven at 200* for abut 5-8 minutes. The butyl rubber seal will release once you wedge a flat puddy knife or screw driver in the seal. I've done it on several vehicles in the past. It's one of the better ways to spray-tint tail lights vs any type of overlay on the outside. Commonly used on vehicles with the orange markers inside the headlight housing too or to paint the interior reflective surfaces of headlights black vs chrome.

The majority of the ones I do are related to fixing moisture inside lenses whereby the customer is going to end up buying a new one anyway but ask that I fix it or attempt to do so first. Haven't failed at one yet.

That said, without seeing and touching your tail lights it's hard to tell how they were tinted.
You obviously have more experience than I do working with tail lights and head lights. Cutting the light apart to spray the inside could be one explanation for the tint...I just find it hard to believe that the Infiniti dealer would pay somebody to go to that much trouble just to tint the tail lights...

I will continue to look for more clues to this mystery, mostly because I am retired and have a lot of time on my hands...

Thank you for the information and your insight on this topic..:cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
You obviously have more experience than I do working with tail lights and head lights. Cutting the light apart to spray the inside could be one explanation for the tint...I just find it hard to believe that the Infiniti dealer would pay somebody to go to that much trouble just to tint the tail lights...

I will continue to look for more clues to this mystery, mostly because I am retired and have a lot of time on my hands...

Thank you for the information and your insight on this topic..:cool:

They could be wrapped. The trim was wrapped in gloss black. I can tell by the image of the door handle thus they could very well have tinted the tails on the exterior. Can't tell from the distance/image shown. Either way the car looks good. I'd have gone lighter on the tail tint but that's just me. Over it's a nice car. I wanted my Q50 in that color but the dealer ordered without ADS and I wanted it fully loaded thus I took the Metallic Black.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts