Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Unfortunately I cnt even go to another dealer. Upon leaving today and speaking with Infiniti consumer affair once a warranty claim is submitted to Infiniti it don’t matter which retailer I go. I just learned today that the dealers are actually retailers and they are all the same...my car is completely stock except a catback which is noted in the file and ruled out as a possible reason for sludge. I dropped the invoices and OCI wer 24xxx miles 29xxxx and the next one was done by the dealer was the car is currently located..the SA explained to me that the sludge could have been from a failed oiled pump and oil wasn’t being sufficiently pumped into the motor from the pan...that alone should honor my claim...I explained to them there was some type of failure somewhere because the turbos were replaced under warranty and I needed a new oil pan under 40,000 miles if the oil pump failed why wasn’t it caught...so I got 2 new turbos and it wasn’t looked into why are they failing?...they just replaced them. I’m gonna keep the community informed through the whole process so no one else go through it and if so know was is expected
Dang that sucks. I was hoping that once I take all of my mods off the car and go to another dealership they would replace the engine since the car is only 14.5k miles. Infiniti seems too strict for this type of stuff for knowing these issues are present. It wouldn’t hurt to see what another dealership does. Some are more lenient

·
Super Moderator
2,969 Posts
It wouldn’t hurt to see what another dealership does. Some are more lenient
Like he posted, the warranty claim is already in the system. Another dealership is only going to perform the service that Infiniti authorizes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I’m goin to find tomorrow...Infiniti is goin to come plug up their cpu to the ECU and run tests.... When I left the retailer(dealer) I signed and authorized for them to check redline..top speed..CEL including miles driven since appeared...limp mode..dash notifications..service resets...and a bunch of things I didn’t even know they could see...basically everything to see if the car was modified in any way that could cause the engine to fail..😤😤😡😡...WTF...y wouldn’t y’all do that from the first or second warranty claim (replaced turbos and serpentine belt). I brought them all my maintained records from places like NTB, Mr tire and some other local shops and now all of a sudden they have to do this to re refile a warranty claim (yes re refile so I’m told). Also I was told by the SA if I bought a used motor they will install with no labor charge🤫🤔🤔 sounds fishy..if everything checks out tomorrow and parts failed and I was not negligent (which is ridiculous) I’m able to trade the car and transfer the loan for equal value or buy the motor and they install for free...but they don’t know I’m going all the way..if I’m coming out of pocket it would be to drop a LS motor and create a project since warranty is void and create a YouTube channel..anyway I’m venting to much I’ll let y’all know

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Dang that sucks. I was hoping that once I take all of my mods off the car and go to another dealership they would replace the engine since the car is only 14.5k miles. Infiniti seems too strict for this type of stuff for knowing these issues are present. It wouldn’t hurt to see what another dealership does. Some are more lenient
Once a claim is in the system it don’t matter...they are all retailers and not dealerships..basically different franchises under an umbrella

·
Registered
27 Posts
Like he posted, the warranty claim is already in the system. Another dealership is only going to perform the service that Infiniti authorizes.
I don’t work for Infiniti so I don’t know. All I can say is that you never know. Best of luck to OP. I might just get rid of my car and get something else

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Where are you located by chance? If that dealership says they won’t help go get another opinion from another one. Also are you stock?
South Florida..I would say the dealership but don’t wanna say anything bad because I’m at they mercy right now

·
Super Moderator
2,969 Posts
I assume all the data they're pulling out of the ECU has a date attached to it so that any "abuse" that happened before you purchased the car isn't attributed to you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I don’t work for Infiniti so I don’t know. All I can say is that you never know. Best of luck to OP. I might just get rid of my car and get something else
I owe less on the loan than what I’m being quoted for a new motor..financially it don’t make sense

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I assume all the data they're pulling out of the ECU has a date attached to it so that any "abuse" that happened before you purchased the car isn't attributed to you.
Infiniti has all of the service records done before me..they have an oil change done at 35xx and 11xxx and I bought the car at 2xxxx that’s why I had to bring invoices...the motor had failure somehow and one thing contributed to another...I just spoke with lest call a reputable friend/mechanic and they said Infiniti knows the 2017 motor is known to have failure but not enough for Infiniti to have a recall

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Infiniti has all of the service records done before me..they have an oil change done at 35xx and 11xxx and I bought the car at 2xxxx that’s why I had to bring invoices...the motor had failure somehow and one thing contributed to another...I just spoke with lest call a reputable friend/mechanic and they said Infiniti knows the 2017 motor is known to have failure but not enough similar for Infiniti to have a recall

·
Registered
79 Posts
Worse case scenario, your engine is still good. What is this "sludge" they speak of. I know from older cars I have purchased with "sludge" on the cylinder head. After a few changes of synthetic oil, the sludge significantly decreases to where there is no more. I would clean the cam angle sensors that are giving you the code and go from there. If you have any issues with the oil pump, you should get a CEL for low oil pressure or something (not guaranteed).

21 - 32 of 32 Posts