Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
Just picked up a Majestic white/Red Q60 Sport this past Sat. Was looking for a roomy coupe for a while. Car is extremely comfortable and worlds ahead of my 15 year old Tbird in technology! Great looking and not a dime a dozen out on the road. The only think I don't like are these Dunlop run flats. The worst sounding, noisy, slappy POS' I've had in a while. They will be going soon.
Regards,
Jim

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
That is quite a leap in technology. Welcome.

·
Registered
500 Posts
What an upgrade from the TBird and coming from something like that you'd think going for a Camaro or something similar would be in the books. Did you at least test drive any american cars before coming over to the Q60?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IPL,

Yes I drove the Camaro , too claustrophobic. Corvette, nice but my bones are getting old and I can't get out of it gracefully. Mustang , nice - too common. Alfa Giulia very nice, but the Quad is too expensive and the 2.0 is slow, too many doors, plus previous ownership says I'll be at the dealer a bunch. Lexus RC, fine just can't come to grips with the pinched nose. Q60 is like a gentlemen's express. Not a look at me type car and the most comfortable of them all. All is needs is a manual transmission and some decent tires. These Dunlop's are a joke.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. I think you'll find that the OEM rfs are universally disliked here and most if not all plan on ridding themselves of them (or have already done so). I personally plan on getting rid of them eventually and going the route of a new wheel/tire combo (with wider tires).

Btw, pics or.....:D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Congrats on the new car and the huge tech upgrade. Ya get rid of those run flats. Even on my AWD Q60 stock, they gripped worth ****. I don't even want to know how they'd function now that I'm tuned and can kick out my wide AD08rs.

If you are looking for wheels, the Flow Forged HRE's seem to be a quite popular wheel choice for the Q60. However, I've also seen a few with Rotiforms (including myself).

Reactions: Sonnik

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Just like Testrage and Gavin said, get rid of them when you can to enjoy your vehicle.
Do some research and I'm pretty sure you will make a great choice in whatever tire set up you decide.

Reactions: testrage

·
Registered
500 Posts
I know that Michelin Pilot Supersports are just about the best thing someone can get in terms of performance. Someone willing to spend money on that for the Q60 should be in for a real treat.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Just like Testrage and Gavin said, get rid of them when you can to enjoy your vehicle.
Do some research and I'm pretty sure you will make a great choice in whatever tire set up you decide.
I know that Michelin Pilot Supersports are just about the best thing someone can get in terms of performance. Someone willing to spend money on that for the Q60 should be in for a real treat.
What's this about tire choice? :nerd:

I thought it was either MP4S (summer tires) or if all weather then, Michelin A/S3+ or Continental DWS06. Are there any other good tires :D

Personally, I prefer Michelin over any other brand given my positive experiences with them but I've had pretty good experiences with Contis as well and Continental is the only one that has the 275/30/20 that I plan to use (eventually...my plans have been sidelined between searching for a new job and now the damage to my Q60 from this morning).

·
Registered
102 Posts
What's this about tire choice? :nerd:

I thought it was either MP4S (summer tires) or if all weather then, Michelin A/S3+ or Continental DWS06. Are there any other good tires :D

Personally, I prefer Michelin over any other brand given my positive experiences with them but I've had pretty good experiences with Contis as well and Continental is the only one that has the 275/30/20 that I plan to use (eventually...my plans have been sidelined between searching for a new job and now the damage to my Q60 from this morning).
Wait, waiiiiiitttt a minute, go back. What do you mean damage to the Q60 this morning? :eek:
What happened?

Well personally I would go with Michelin PS4S all day everyday. After you get a feel for performance, you won't go back.
But you my friend have to stick with the Continental due to the size, and thats about one of the best tires you can get as-well. They're all respectable tires brands.

Reactions: testrage

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Wait, waiiiiiitttt a minute, go back. What do you mean damage to the Q60 this morning? :eek:
What happened?

Well personally I would go with Michelin PS4S all day everyday. After you get a feel for performance, you won't go back.
But you my friend have to stick with the Continental due to the size, and thats about one of the best tires you can get as-well. They're all respectable tires brands.
I think you've already seen the thread but just in case - http://www.infinitiq60.org/forum/off-topic-discussion/9978-jeez-universe-has-me-my-q60-i-think.html

Honestly, if I could get away with a summer tire all year round, it would be the MPSS or MP4S hands down. But, the wife never interjects in my car purchases unless she thinks there is a safety concern and she would be pretty sad if I didn't go that route, so an all weather tire it is since this is my DD after all. Given all the stress I put her through, I figure the least I can do is not cause anymore worries than I have to already. Poor woman was sick to her stomach when I told her about the damage from this morning. I don't deserve her but don't tell her I said that ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Boy that sucks!. I'm paranoid about getting hit in the rear. Just today sitting in highway stop and go with a POS behind me tailgating and texting. As for tires, I may stick with the summers as it snow maybe a day or 2 a year here. Just want something quiet.

It is nice being the only one in the parking lots though.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Boy that sucks!. I'm paranoid about getting hit in the rear. Just today sitting in highway stop and go with a POS behind me tailgating and texting. As for tires, I may stick with the summers as it snow maybe a day or 2 a year here. Just want something quiet.

It is nice being the only one in the parking lots though.
I hate people that tailgate me. I understand somewhat if it's folks in the passing lane during times when I'm not going at least 9 over (pshhh.....it's fine....I think) and I have no one in front of me and am passing folks very consistently (I'll try to move over as soon as I can without inconveniencing myself), but I absolutely hate it when it's stop and go traffic and there really is no true passing lane. Also texting and driving is a big no no in my book. I understand the urgency to respond to someone but I don't think folks understand that it could result in them killing someone or themselves. I don't care much if they hurt themselves...but I do care that they don't run over a 5yr old being careless on the low speed backroads near her home (man that went depressing pretty quick, huh :|)

As far as summer tires are concerned, keep in mind that many summer tires get hard like hockey puck rubber if it gets too cold. I know I had to be very careful if I drove the GTR in 40 deg weather (or below). It can be done (I even drove it in 15 deg weather provided there was no snow or ice), but you need to give the car plenty of time to warm up the tires (watch the psi gage...it will tell you - I find 3-4psi is a increase is a good sign your tires are somewhat warmed up).

Have fun and stay safe! I'm excited for you. Let us know how it goes when you get your tires & post pics. If you go with new wheels (20" wheels would look really nice), I wholeheartedly recommend @GetYourWheels if you haven't decide on a vendor yet. Josh is awesome. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome and congrats. I agree on the tires sucking. Can't wait to replace mine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I hate people that tailgate me.....:D
had to almost run red light twice today in order to get away from degenerates looking at their balls instead of driving...well - most likely phones located on the balls level...or just instead of them.
degenerated generation indeed

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
had to almost run red light twice today in order to get away from degenerates looking at their balls instead of driving...well - most likely phones located on the balls level...or just instead of them.
degenerated generation indeed
I understand what you're saying. It's easy enough to figure out who's on their phone because most people don't look at their clothed (I'm assuming) crotch in the car and smile.

However, I disagree that this think is a generational issue. Assigning blame to a generation is not the answer. I've seen folks in all age groups do it....the only thing they had in common was that they were human (another assumption).

:laugh:

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
However, I disagree that this think is a generational issue. Assigning blame to a generation is not the answer. I've seen folks in all age groups do it....the only thing they had in common was that they were human (another assumption).

:laugh:
I've got $10 that says it's only done by whippersnappers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts