Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been struggling trying to figure out why I can't do some features on vehicle as stated in Owner Manuel. Was just informed that AT&T stopped their 3g or 4g internet (or whatever its called-sorry not computer savvy and on termonology) that doesn't allow me to do some of these now (ie; start car before entering, rolling down windows before entering). Has anyone found a go-around to this? thank you.

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,325 Posts
I have been struggling trying to figure out why I can't do some features on vehicle as stated in Owner Manuel. Was just informed that AT&T stopped their 3g or 4g internet (or whatever its called-sorry not computer savvy and on termonology) that doesn't allow me to do some of these now (ie; start car before entering, rolling down windows before entering). Has anyone found a go-around to this? thank you.
Your vehicle is equipped with a TCU (Telematics Control Unit) designed to connect to the AT&T 3G cellular network. This connection to the 3G network is necessary in order for INFINITI InTouch Services to operate. The 3G cellular network service provider, AT&T, has announced its decision to discontinue 3G cellular network coverage by February 22, 2022. As a result of AT&T’s termination of 3G network coverage, INFINITI InTouch Services features that require a 3G network connection will no longer operate in your vehicle, and your INFINITI InTouch Services subscription will become inactive. This decision to discontinue 3G network coverage was not made by Nissan and this change is not within INFINITI’s control.

·
Registered
481 Posts
You should still be able to start the car and lower the windows from the remote as those features are not tied to the cellular network.

·
Administrator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
4,325 Posts
start car before entering
You should still be able to start the car and lower the windows from the remote
REMOTE ENGINE START (IF SO EQUIPPED)
• The remote engine start system must be enabled in the vehicle settings within the lower display. To start your vehicle remotely: 1. Press the lock button 1 to lock the vehicle. 2. Press and hold the remote start button 2 within 5 seconds of pressing the lock button 1 and the engine will start. • To start driving, depress the brake pedal and press the ignition switch START/STOP button.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Ahh, the post title was changed since my first response. Short answer: you can't use InTouch features any more.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
rolling down windows before entering). Has anyone found a go-around to this? thank you.
Just press and hold the unlock button on the remote and it should lower both windows and open the sunroof (if equipped)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,898 Posts
Just press and hold the unlock button on the remote and it should lower both windows and open the sunroof (if equipped)
Or use the key (from the key fob) in the key cylinder in the driver's door. Turn right to unlock the car, and hold to lower the windows. Turn the key cylinder left to lock the car, and hold to raise the windows.

Reactions: Dzazter

·
Registered
7 Posts
To open the windows and the sunroof (of my 2020 Q60), I push and hold the unlock button on my key fob.
They all open. I cannot open just the windows or the sunroof.

For remote start, if I recall, using my key fob, I push the lock button. than push and hold the button with
the circular arrow until the car starts.

I hope this helps.
Mike

PS--I'm not sure about the internet. I wasn't aware of this situation.

I

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
REMOTE ENGINE START (IF SO EQUIPPED)
• The remote engine start system must be enabled in the vehicle settings within the lower display. To start your vehicle remotely: 1. Press the lock button 1 to lock the vehicle. 2. Press and hold the remote start button 2 within 5 seconds of pressing the lock button 1 and the engine will start. • To start driving, depress the brake pedal and press the ignition switch START/STOP button.
Thank you-I will try this! Sucks that they discontinued some features due to AT&T and doesn't leave owners with alternatives

1 - 9 of 9 Posts