• Underglow

Votes: 1 20.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My first "adult" purchase was this 2019 q60 aka "42" back in May. I slapped a Stillen spoiler on the back, got pulled over twice (yikes), and now I'm wondering what's next. I've got other minor mods like interior lighting, door seal stuff, and some other small things.

I've flirted with these ideas:
--Exhaust, I want deep and intimidating, not loud and obnoxious.
--More aero like a splitter, some side skirts, and a diffuser
--Suspension, just a little lower for more aggressive stance and better handling
--Underglow because I'm still stuck in the Need for Speed games lol

I'm not really looking for more speed right now, I've got to control myself for a bit. I have about 2k saved up just for the mods. I'd like to split this money into multiple of the listed categories if possible. Also, any good brands or websites for parts would be great.

42 needs something new, what should she get?

I appreciate any votes in the poll, suggestions, recommendations, and comments! Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Fast Intentions gets all the rep for aftermarket exhaust here for a full CBE. Personally, I have the Infiniti Helmholtz Exhaust (axle-back) which really produces a nice tone IMO. Nothing too wild or aftermarket sounding, but wakes the car up quite a bit from stock. It's louder now that I have downpipes on as well, but that's beside the point. I know there are a handful of options for skirts, splitter, diffuser and I'm not as familiar with those - I'm sure you've seen the Stillen offerings already. If you join the Infiniti Q50/Q60 facebook page you'll see lots of different examples. One of the other guys here will have to chime in on suspension - I haven't gone down that rabbit hole yet.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Bags.

Reactions: tstod88

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@shamilton273 Thanks for the info. I'll probably look into the Fast Intentions exhaust. I checked the Helmholtz out. Is the one you bought about $700??

·
Registered
664 Posts
@spyderman7000 What Fenders are those? I love that look. Did it also require you to swap the stock Side Skirts? Your car looks mean man!
Thanks man! Strictly Business fenders. Skirts are OEM.

Reactions: tstod88 and Buzzeo

·
Registered
60 Posts
@shamilton273 Thanks for the info. I'll probably look into the Fast Intentions exhaust. I checked the Helmholtz out. Is the one you bought about $700??
The previous owner bit that bullet for me :LOL:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just installed the FI CBE non-resonated with the 14 inch muffler option. Prior to the install I had the FI LDPs with the Infiniti Sport Exhaust(straight pipes) which was pretty loud while driving hard but not bad at cruising speeds. However, it was stupid loud on cold starts and my new neighbors were starting to hate me(we just moved into a new house). It also made an awkward noise around 2500 to 2800 rpm before shifting when accelerating mildly if the car was not 100% "warmed up". That is gone now and the car sounds refined.

Now you can barely hear my car start when it's cold and it sounds amazing on the road. I prob. should have went with the 10" mufflers for a bit more sounds but oh well. Car now sounds like how it should have from the factory IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts