Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does using the paddle shifters In triptonic make it not as smooth?
I’ve owned previous older G’s and would also have this issue.

whst do you guys think? It’s a 2018 red sport with 45,000km on it.
It’s nothing bad it doesn’t jerk or anything but I feel like for such a new sports car anytime you shift it should be smooth ( and no I don’t shift to early)
Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,722 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ocasionally mine has the lovely habit of ignoring my request to upshift...

Smoothness wise, what do you feel that's not right? I did feel mine a bit better after a fluid service.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yah mine did get serviced on Saturday before I picked it up from the dealer. But I feel like after an up shift it should transition as smooth as it could be, I don’t feel anything concerning just sometimes maybe like a small “jolt” but very small. Almost like it didn’t shift at the perfect “timing”

If it’s in automatic mode it’s fine. Is yours fine jn auto magic mode to or do you notice any weird issues?

my previous Infiniti g35xs triptonic shifting was bad for the up shifts. Not sure if it’s just Nissan’s bad tranny

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,722 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mine does this weird thing sometimes when I'm on standard mode (I'm usually in sport mode or personal) and it's like a small engine rev up right before an upshift, only on very light throttle.

I did notice some strange behaviour once and dealer did a ecu flash and fixed it.

You might want to check a guy on YouTube called Kydro technologies or something like that, hes got a whole video on how the Q auto transmission works, it does talk about different modes based on how hard is your foot.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine does this weird thing sometimes when I'm on standard mode (I'm usually in sport mode or personal) and it's like a small engine rev up right before an upshift, only on very light throttle.

I did notice some strange behaviour once and dealer did a ecu flash and fixed it.

You might want to check a guy on YouTube called Kydro technologies or something like that, hes got a whole video on how the Q auto transmission works, it does talk about different modes based on how hard is your foot.
**** now that you’re saying that I actually think that happens to?? Like when I’m super light on the throttle right before it goes to the next gear it does a quick random rev up. Pisses me off though. I thought going from a 2008 g35xs to a 46k Infiniti wouldn’t have such weird little tranny issues.
Kinda sad cause I’ve been dreaming of getting this car for a while

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Yah I think it’s in standard. And why do you lie driving it in sport mode? In the city you don’t find it a hassle at all?

·
Registered
211 Posts
**** now that you’re saying that I actually think that happens to?? Like when I’m super light on the throttle right before it goes to the next gear it does a quick random rev up. Pisses me off though. I thought going from a 2008 g35xs to a 46k Infiniti wouldn’t have such weird little tranny issues.
Kinda sad cause I’ve been dreaming of getting this car for a while
Well, the transmission in this car is definitively not up to par with the rest of the car. Another annoying thing it does sometimes is taking 2 or 3 seconds to downshift using the paddles, especially when I'm driving slowly. The gearbox works great when I'm going balls to the walls but its lazy as **** sometimes when I'm just driving calmly, that's definitively an annoying this in this platform and makes me wonder about the 400Z and its manual gearbox...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yah I think it’s in standard. And why do you lie driving it in sport mode? In the city you don’t find it a hassle at all?
Sport mode in this car isn't really as aggressive as some other cars, I had a couple BMWs before and their sport mode was super aggressive, would keep revs quite high at all times. The Q's sport mode is less noticeable (at least for me), it does rev a bit higher but if I'm not going heavy on throttle it will lay back and keep it in a pretty high gear / low rpm. I find the car in standard mode way too lazy and dislike the DAS settings. But honestly, 90% of the time im in Personal mode with engine/transmission in sport, Steering response in Sport+, Suspension in comfort mode.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found it -kaydro tech. Thank you
Sport mode in this car isn't really as aggressive as some other cars, I had a couple BMWs before and their sport mode was super aggressive, would keep revs quite high at all times. The Q's sport mode is less noticeable (at least for me), it does rev a bit higher but if I'm not going heavy on throttle it will lay back and keep it in a pretty high gear / low rpm. I find the car in standard mode way too lazy and dislike the DAS settings. But honestly, 90% of the time im in Personal mode with engine/transmission in sport, Steering response in Sport+, Suspension in comfort mode.
have I’ve noticed that as well. I did watch thst giys videos though and it made more sense in his the transmissions work. Do you know why it does that weird rev up right before it changes gears?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts