Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 AWD. Midnight Black/Monaco Red Interior/Silver Optic Fiber Trim
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself! Name’s Artie, from Buffalo New York. I’ve been looking through the forums for a while now but now that I finally have the car I decided to make a profile and get a few posts up! Just got my 2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD about 6 weeks ago. Midnight Black, Monaco Red leather Interior with the Silver Optic Fiber Trim. Premium Plus, Driver Assistance & Technology Package. Although I loooove the remote start and heated steering wheel for these cold Buffalo winters in all honesty I could do without the ICC and other “babysitter” features as I’ve heard some people put it 😂 Coming from a 2010 G37X as my last car and a 2008 G35X before that so I’ve been with Infiniti for quite a while now and am pretty familiar with them. I’ve had my eye on the Q60 ever since I saw the first concept car in 2016 and am Super Excited to finally own one!! I think it’s a drastic upgrade over the old G’s both in style and performance (although I do still love the G’s and always will). I love everything about this car other then a few minor annoyances which I’m sure everyone has (I plan on making a separate post of a little list of things I would personally change if I could) Would love peoples input on them. And Finally some pictures as well as a list of what I’ve done so far and what I plan on doing in the future. The car came with a few things already done to it. By random chance I was thinking “**** wouldn’t it be crazy if the last guy who owned it before me posted on here” and I was actually able to track down the old owner through posts on this forum and then onto Instagram where I messaged him confirming it was his and he told me everything that he had done when he owned it! Car was originally from Toronto (he was the original owner since 2017), I purchased it direct from auction in Pennsylvania, and now it’s in NY. I’ve done a decent amount to the car so far in the short time I’ve had it but the list never ends, am I right! 😂
Also sorry for the crazy long post, I’m still in the ‘Super Excited’ phase of having a new car haha.

___

Came with:

• Debadged (Which I didn’t like at first to be honest but is really starting to grow on me)
  • Xpel protection wrap (bumper, half hood, headlights & fog lights)
  • Rs-R downsprings
  • Trunk floor is soundproofed
  • 2.5” custom X-pipe exhaust into true duals straight through mufflers painted black.
  • Z Motorsport rotors

___

Done so far:

• Subs installed
  • Red and black key cover
  • WeatherTech mats
  • Black silicone license plate frame
  • Infiniti emblem projection door lights
  • Multi-colored floor lights installed
  • Push start red carbon fiber button overlay
  • Push start red flip up cover
  • Hardwired 3-way car outlet charger for my radar and wireless phone charger
  • Tinted taillights
  • Tinted rear reflectors
  • Blacked out window trim with Satin Black
  • Carbon fiber wrapped mirror caps
  • Tinted turn signals on mirrors
  • Carbon fiber wrapped chrome on door handles
  • Carbon fiber wrapped side vents
  • Carbon fiber wrapped fog light trim
  • Carbon fiber wrapped rear diffuser
  • Carbon fiber wrapped gas cover (had extra material so I figured why not try it out. Still deciding weather or not I like it)
  • Windshield strip 5%

___

Things I still want to do/ am looking into doing:

• TIRES!!! (It’s on run flat Bridgestone Blizzaks at the moment which came on the car. I’ve read a lot of complaints about ride quality of run flats. This is my first car I’ve ever had them on and definitely notice a bit bumpier ride. Looking into nice all season tires currently since Buffalo snow is no joke and may get some summer performance tires if I get a nice set of 20” summer rims)
  • Re-wrap chrome around grille. (It came already plasti-dipped black but there’s some chrome that wasn’t painted under the front license plate bracket which I plan on taking off. Just need to decide whether I want to wrap it with satin black to match the window trim or carbon fiber to flow everything else)
  • Wrap roof with carbon fiber (there’s a few scratches on the roof so wrapping it will solve that problem and also I just think it will look Badass)
  • Would like to either paint or wrap a few pieces under my hood red like I did on my last car once I get a few performance mods done under there
  • Bumper lip
  • Carbon fiber spoiler (just can’t decide which one I want, there’s too many cool options I’ve seen out there)
  • Upgrade air intake
  • New upgraded heat exchanger (been reading up a lot on this online as well as in this forum. Seems like a smart as decently needed upgrade to avoid possible heat soak during summertime)
  • Exhaust (Definitely want it a little louder then it is currently. Not sure if I’m going to do a full new exhaust or possibly just some new down pipes to try and squeeze a little more growl out of it)

Reactions: JonnyB

·
Registered
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400 AWD. Midnight Black/Monaco Red Interior/Silver Optic Fiber Trim
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Reactions: Jaguar025

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,315 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Looks like the factory front mudguards were deleted at some point. As I am ex-WNYer, you might want those (re)installed to keep the slush from winter roads accumulating all down the rocker panels.

As for tires, I have 255/40R19 Michelin Pilot A/S 3+s for Fall/Winter on the stock Red Sport wheels. While the A/S 4s are now available, they are not found in the 245/40R19 or 255/40R19 tire sizes. I am quite happy with the A/S 3+s in the dry and wet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like the factory front mudguards were deleted at some point. As I am ex-WNYer, you might want those (re)installed to keep the slush from winter roads accumulating all down the rocker panels.

As for tires, I have 255/40R19 Michelin Pilot A/S 3+s for Fall/Winter on the stock Red Sport wheels. While the A/S 4s are now available, they are not found in the 245/40R19 or 255/40R19 tire sizes. I am quite happy with the A/S 3+s in the dry and wet.

Yeah they were, good eye! The previous owner took them off after he lowered it because they were scraping on steep entrances. Drove it a few days in the snow and didn’t seem to get too much build up but if it ends up being an issue next winter I will probably throw some on. Small world, what area of WNY are you from originally!?
I’ve heard great things about the Pilots! Still shopping around but I’ll definitely do a little more looking into those. Also need to decide weather I’ll be getting a pair of summer rims this year because that will end up effecting my decision weather to get an all season but summer friendly Tire or something more focused towards snow on the RS wheels and then throwing some nice summer tires on the new rims. Appreciate the input!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Yeah they were, good eye! The previous owner took them off after he lowered it because they were scraping on steep entrances. Drove it a few days in the snow and didn’t seem to get too much build up but if it ends up being an issue next winter I will probably throw some on. Small world, what area of WNY are you from originally!?
I grew up in Lancaster, although I went to Depew schools. My father still lives there, and my older brother is in Alden.
I’ve heard great things about the Pilots! Still shopping around but I’ll definitely do a little more looking into those. Also need to decide weather I’ll be getting a pair of summer rims this year because that will end up effecting my decision weather to get an all season but summer friendly Tire or something more focused towards snow on the RS wheels and then throwing some nice summer tires on the new rims. Appreciate the input!
Here's my Spring/Summer setup:

Wheel is Vorsteiner V-FF 112, 20x10 et35 cb 66.1, which is the GT-R front wheel spec.

In a similar story, I have an appointment this Tuesday to get the window trim (gloss black) and door handle accents (CF) wrapped, while I have the EMM Tuning CF Fender Garnishes in a box, waiting for a temp near 60 deg. min to apply, since the front portion is held-on with double-sided tape, along with the four push-rivets.

Also added the CF diffuser recently:

While I don't mind the badging, I'm leaning towards removing the "INFINITI" letters, and then plasti-dip the remaining chrome badging. That will leave the chrome exhaust tips as the only brightwork on my Q.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I grew up in Lancaster, although I went to Depew schools. My father still lives there, and my older brother is in Alden.

Here's my Spring/Summer setup:
View attachment 24222
View attachment 24224
Wheel is Vorsteiner V-FF 112, 20x10 et35 cb 66.1, which is the GT-R front wheel spec.

In a similar story, I have an appointment this Tuesday to get the window trim (gloss black) and door handle accents (CF) wrapped, while I have the EMM Tuning CF Fender Garnishes in a box, waiting for a temp near 60 deg. min to apply, since the front portion is held-on with double-sided tape, along with the four push-rivets.

Also added the CF diffuser recently:
View attachment 24225
While I don't mind the badging, I'm leaning towards removing the "INFINITI" letters, and then plasti-dip the remaining chrome badging. That will leave the chrome exhaust tips as the only brightwork on my Q.

Oh nice! I’m out in Lancaster at least once a week for breakfast at The Poked Yolk and usually stop by the cider mill after in the fall.

Summer rims look great!! **** the whole car looks great, love what you’ve done so far! Can’t go wrong with black rims. Are you running spacers or do the 10” just pop them out that much more? Nice, I was deciding between gloss black and satin but I figured the gloss would blend in with the black paint too much and I wanted a little contrast. CF on the handles is a nice touch too, although I’m a little biased since I did mine haha. EMM has some awesome products, I was looking at a bunch of there CF stuff before deciding to just wrap because I didn’t want to fork over all that $$$ 😂 May swap over to some actual CF in the future but all the materials for mine cost just under $200 and I’m happy with the look of it. Is that diffuser EMM as well? Honestly I’ve never been a fan of debadging and probably would’ve never did it myself if mine didn’t already come debadged but it’s been growing on me more and more as a look at how clean it is. Funny you say that I actually just helped my cousin remove the “INFNITI” letters on his G last weekend and I wrapped the emblem and “G37” with some leftover satin I had from mine. Left the “S” red for a little pop. Suuuper easy job! Took 2 minutes to get the letters off with a heat gun and some fishing line. A little googone and a quick buff to remove the sticky residue. Wrapping took me about 15/20 minutes for the emblem and about a half hour for the “G35”. A little tedious and you have to be careful with the exacto knife but it turned out way better than I was expecting. I plastidipped a few things on my old G but little edges and corners started peeling off after a while and I just think the vinyl looks a bit cleaner overall.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Oh nice! I’m out in Lancaster at least once a week for breakfast at The Poked Yolk and usually stop by the cider mill after in the fall.
I haven't visited WNY since Thanksgiving 2019. Never dined at the Poked Yolk. For breakfast, it was usually the Holiday Showcase in Cheek-a-to-waga (until they closed), so now it's either the Olive Tree, or The Hillview. Of course, always grabbed lunch @ MT, or to satisfy the late night munchies. My go-to wings place is Sal's on Olmstead Ave. If you love wings, Sal's should be on your list.
Are you running spacers or do the 10” just pop them out that much more?
No spacers. The 10" wide is just right. If the wheel was pushed-out any more, it would be outside the fender coverage. Here's a good shot of the poke:

Is that diffuser EMM as well?
Seibon CF. Their design I consider the most subtle, vs some others that have bigger fins, center light, etc.
I plastidipped a few things on my old G but little edges and corners started peeling off after a while and I just think the vinyl looks a bit cleaner overall.
I think I'll ask the shop wrapping the window trim to wrap the emblems, too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't visited WNY since Thanksgiving 2019. Never dined at the Poked Yolk. For breakfast, it was usually the Holiday Showcase in Cheek-a-to-waga (until they closed), so now it's either the Olive Tree, or The Hillview. Of course, always grabbed lunch @ MT, or to satisfy the late night munchies. My go-to wings place is Sal's on Olmstead Ave. If you love wings, Sal's should be on your list.
No spacers. The 10" wide is just right. If the wheel was pushed-out any more, it would be outside the fender coverage. Here's a good shot of the poke:
View attachment 24226

Seibon CF. Their design I consider the most subtle, vs some others that have bigger fins, center light, etc.
I think I'll ask the shop wrapping the window trim to wrap the emblems, too.

Oh yeah Hillview is great too. I would definitely recommend checking out Poked Yolk next time you’re up here for a visit, breakfast is phenomenal! Haha Mighty is the move for late night! 😂 **** never even heard of Sal’s i gotta go check it out. I’ve been on a Bar Bill kick lately since they moved the second location right on Main ant Transit. Yeah those 10” fit Perfectly. I was looking into spacers but I might just go 10 inch when I do summer rims/tires and call it a day, they look great! Looks good, definitely a more subtle look. Not a fan of the ones with a center light but I do like a little fin action. Yeah I would get the “INFINITI” off before you go in for your appointment and just have it wrapped. I can’t imagine it would cost that much more because it’s such a little amount of material and also you won’t have to deal with taping off and covering the car with plastic to do plasti.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks Dave! Did you end up getting a Q or you still in the 35? Would love to see some pics of your setup either way!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts