Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

Last weekend I went to our local Infiniti dealer to look at the Q50's for my wife. Aaaaaand today, I picked up a Q60 RS w/ Premium Plus package and illuminated entry and kick plates for me :D My wife wasn't in love with the Q50 and, well, I was in love with the Q60 immediately. I traded my 2013 370z (only 18k miles) mainly because I was sick of storing it during the Wisconsin winters.

It was an incredibly impulsive purchase, but after driving it for an hour and half to get home, it was the perfect choice. This car is unbelievably quick but has the refinement that the 370z lacked. The extra room for a smaller 3rd or 4th passenger is helpful, but the quieter cabin, AWD, and adjustable drive settings really made it an easy decision to switch. I will miss the 6-speed though.

Anyways, I didn't get the carbon fiber package but think I am going to order some accessories soon. I think the silver with carbon fiber accents just set the car off even more.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The snow is a pain in the a** here. This is about the time every year that I want to sell everything and move somewhere warm.

I am excited to take it out in the snow though. But I have an SUV for the snow - not sure I want to drive around in crappy weather with the terrible drivers we have here. I am mainly excited for warmer weather and taking it out in Elkhart Lake and possibly going out on Road America with it. I won't be tracking it on a regular basis, but it would be fun to push on a track for an afternoon!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome Prietime_88! Sweet ride! I live in Northern Nevada. . . . we have had a LOT of snow here this winter too. I also drive my truck mostly in inclement weather, even though my RS is AWD. There is too much crap in the roads! They don't salt the roads here but put down a lot of sand that sticks around even after the snow melts. Terrible. I had a clear bra put on my RS as soon as I got it. Also sprung for the paint protection package from the dealer. Hope it helps. Already have one chip in the windshield :(

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. The car looks great. I used to live in Madison and just spent 2wks in the Grafton area for work. I don't think I would ever move back to Wisconsin. Snow is the devil!!

>:)>:)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Anyways, I didn't get the carbon fiber package but think I am going to order some accessories soon. I think the silver with carbon fiber accents just set the car off even more.
Some folks report that carbon fiber is no longer available. Something to do with Infiniti being unhappy with the supplier's product. Good luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome Prietime_88! Sweet ride! I live in Northern Nevada. . . . we have had a LOT of snow here this winter too. I also drive my truck mostly in inclement weather, even though my RS is AWD. There is too much crap in the roads! They don't salt the roads here but put down a lot of sand that sticks around even after the snow melts. Terrible. I had a clear bra put on my RS as soon as I got it. Also sprung for the paint protection package from the dealer. Hope it helps. Already have one chip in the windshield :(
We get layers of salt on the road. It kills me to see it on any of my cars, but this one will really hurt! :crying:

I had a 3M clear bra on my Z. It kept the front paint spotless, but with all the bugs we have here in summer it made cleaning an absolute nightmare. I'm going to pick up a power washer this spring for those stubborn bugs. I can't stand a dirty car.

Lastly, if you ever need to clean your clear bra, Plexus works really well!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some folks report that carbon fiber is no longer available. Something to do with Infiniti being unhappy with the supplier's product. Good luck.
I did see that as well. I talked to the guys at the dealership I bought it from and they didn't seem to think it was an issue. Then again, they also said it's the first Q60 RS they've sold. Made me happy to know everyone and their mother won't be driving one around town. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats and welcome to the forum. The car looks great. I used to live in Madison and just spent 2wks in the Grafton area for work. I don't think I would ever move back to Wisconsin. Snow is the devil!!

>:)>:)
Snow is miserable. I'm about 10 minutes north of Grafton in Port Washington. Small world!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome Primetime_88 ! Enjoy that new Q. I come from the same 370Z/snowy Midwest background and welcome the AWD Q as a chance to have a year around 'sports car'. It is also nice not to hear every grain of sand that hits the wheel well. I likewise had a 3M clear bra on my Z and just had it done on the Q. Now I am ready for that road trip! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome Primetime_88 ! Enjoy that new Q. I come from the same 370Z/snowy Midwest background and welcome the AWD Q as a chance to have a year around 'sports car'. It is also nice not to hear every grain of sand that hits the wheel well. I likewise had a 3M clear bra on my Z and just had it done on the Q. Now I am ready for that road trip! :)
I am debating on adding the 3M clear bra to the Q. I just hated having to try and wipe off every bug splatter within 30 minutes or it stained it. I think the black Z really helped to amplify the bug stains on the clear bra.

And yes!!! The rear wheels where soooooo loud. Nearly everyone that every road it in made a comment about the gravel/dirt/sand that gets kicked up in the rear wheel well.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Supposedly the 3M film is new but I don't know exactly how new. (My Z was done in 2010) It is clearer and has some 'self healing" properties when exposed to heat. I am hoping it is easier to care for too!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Supposedly the 3M film is new but I don't know exactly how new. (My Z was done in 2010) It is clearer and has some 'self healing" properties when exposed to heat. I am hoping it is easier to care for too!!
I have the XPEL clear film on my front bumper. It's basically invisible, and bugs wipe off easily. It is also self healing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats on your new ride your awd and your snow are made for each other i love mine when we go on mountains, now in my case being in California i could appreciate a 370z all year long :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have the XPEL clear film on my front bumper. It's basically invisible, and bugs wipe off easily. It is also self healing.
I am not familiar with the EPEL clear film. I will have to take a look at it. At one point I did some research on a protectant that would be professional applied. Basically a thick layer of protectant that acts as a RainX for the entire car. I like the idea, but don't remember what the protection product was.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I am not familiar with the EPEL clear film. I will have to take a look at it. At one point I did some research on a protectant that would be professional applied. Basically a thick layer of protectant that acts as a RainX for the entire car. I like the idea, but don't remember what the protection product was.
XPEL has to be professionally installed. Here's their link: XPEL Protective Films - XPEL

You can look up an installer near you. My tint shop did it. I had to leave it overnight because it takes a while to do.

My dealer put a clear protectant on the entire car. They re-apply it every six months for three years. It was included for free with the purchase, but I forget the name of the protectant.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
XPEL has to be professionally installed. Here's their link: XPEL Protective Films - XPEL

You can look up an installer near you. My tint shop did it. I had to leave it overnight because it takes a while to do.

My dealer put a clear protectant on the entire car. They re-apply it every six months for three years. It was included for free with the purchase, but I forget the name of the protectant.
Ceramic Pro is the protectant I was thinking of. You have any experience with it? A local shop has that and XPEL. I might check it out this weekend and see what the advantages are to each. I really need tint on the car too. I'm use to privacy and these naked windows are killing me. :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts