Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY SOMETHING. Its nothing much, someone just rendered the Q60 coupe as a shortened version of the Q50. Rather crude if you ask me but effective, it gives us the chance to at least imagine what the Q50 looks like sans 2 doors.

The G37 coupe always kept pretty close to the sedan so when we do see a redesigned Q60 it should be pretty close to these renderings unless Infiniti decides to have Q60 and Q50 on different design cycles...

Anyways, enjoy..

·
Registered
364 Posts
I swear I've seen these renderings before. Aren't these the first renderings?

Realistically its a q50 with 2 doors removed and smoothed out.

I'm hoping for a more unique front end vs the q50.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I swear I've seen these renderings before. Aren't these the first renderings?

Realistically its a q50 with 2 doors removed and smoothed out.

I'm hoping for a more unique front end vs the q50.

Apologies then, I hadn't seen these before and got a little uppity :p

I doubt Q60 differs very much at all from Q50, the G coupes never really made much effort to distinguish themselves front he sedan besides lopping off two doors. If you really want a Q60 with a different front end why not grab a '14 Q60 before it gets its face lift, certainly a different face than the Q50 ;);)

But seriously, can you tell which ones coupe and which ones sedan?

·
Registered
364 Posts
top should be coupe. bottom is sedan.

the coupe is chunkier and looks inflated making it look wider and lower.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The bottom one's front bumper looks a bit more formal where as the top looks more sportier. so yeah I would say the same.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you just countered your own statement in the same sentence. they are different so they are the same.
I believe he meant he would say the same as your post about coupe top, sedan bottom. Which is correct, but you can see the differences are MINIMAL, going off the G's history Q60 should come a little slicker but nothing major in terms of design..

What i would like is weight savings in Q60 vs Q50.

The G37 Sedan was actually 5 lbs LIGHTER than the G37 coupe, so that really needs to change...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Either way any Infiniti enthusiast should be able to tell the difference between the G coupe and sedan from any angle. There are other differences too.

The coupe is just more performance oriented all around.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Most Infiniti vehicles look very similar so it really isn't a surprise that the sedan and coupe don't look very different. I would actually like to see Infiniti make something that is a little bit of a departure from the same old same old. Not there is anything wrong with Infiniti's design language, but some variety would be nice.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Either way any Infiniti enthusiast should be able to tell the difference between the G coupe and sedan from any angle. There are other differences too.

The coupe is just more performance oriented all around.
well for the Last batch of G coupes vs G sedans the coupe was not much more oriented towards performance, even with two doors.

The G coupe was 5 lbs heavier than the sedan and was 2 hp more powerful... You figure losing 2 doors would do more than add 5 lbs LOL...

although even the 4 series is 200 lbs heavier than the 3 series... WTF is it about these coupes making them heavier than their sedan counterparts...

Although maybe Infinti gives us a Q60 that departs fully from Q50, Q60 has its own identity now why not tweak things a little..

·
Registered
500 Posts
well for the Last batch of G coupes vs G sedans the coupe was not much more oriented towards performance, even with two doors.

The G coupe was 5 lbs heavier than the sedan and was 2 hp more powerful... You figure losing 2 doors would do more than add 5 lbs LOL...

although even the 4 series is 200 lbs heavier than the 3 series... WTF is it about these coupes making them heavier than their sedan counterparts...

Although maybe Infinti gives us a Q60 that departs fully from Q50, Q60 has its own identity now why not tweak things a little..
for 2014-2015 it will be a waste of time to tweak things, it's in it's last years of production and the only worth while things to do are improved performance (something practical) and the usual upgrades from year to year.

·
Registered
364 Posts

I would think the biggest different is the availability of the manual transmission on the coupe.

There are endless debates between the sedan and coupe and 6MT vs 7AT

Personally I think the difference in performance is minimal but I prefer the look of the coupe and I prefer manual.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It would be nice to see the coupe as a stand alone vehicle instead of just the coupe version of a sedan.

I don't get how it weighs more than the sedan, but even if it is heavier, it may still look smaller than the Q50.

It would be nice to see the Q50 and the Q60 pictured side by side.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It would be nice to see the coupe as a stand alone vehicle instead of just the coupe version of a sedan.

I don't get how it weighs more than the sedan, but even if it is heavier, it may still look smaller than the Q50.

It would be nice to see the Q50 and the Q60 pictured side by side.
at a time like now where we haven't seen a single thing on the Q60 that came from an official source, that possibility still stands of the Q60 being a stand alone vehicle, and not a version of the Q50

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the Q60 has been cold for a while for news. I would at least like to see some spy pictures.
There are a couple floating around but there is some debate as to if they are Q60 or not:

this one looks to be Nissan 350GT from Japan, the 350 GT is just the JDM version of the G37/Q60. Judging by the dimensions, the new front look and all the fender angles the redesigned Q60 should show up looking very similar.

and this blurry spy shot that claims it is Q60 testing, if you look at both pictures closely there are some similarities that can be noticed, like the high front fenders for example

·
Registered
364 Posts
rear doesn't really look like a G37 or a Q50.

Tail lights also don't look like it would be a Q60

Is that the ONLY spy shot?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts