Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just thought I'd post an intro for myself. My names Gavin, I've been around the myg37 page for a while, had a 2010 G37X Sedan with a few things done to it, GT Haus Exhaust, Vossen CVTs for Summer and Niche's for winter, Sway Bars, Gen 3 Intake, etc.. nothing crazy.

My Q60 RS AWD should arrive within the next 2-3 weeks, ordered it in Red with Black interior.

My current considerations on for mods are:

- GT Haus GT2 Exhaust when it's released (apparently 2 months away), as the GT is too quiet for my liking.
- Some New Vossen's, considering the VWS1 with anodized black barrel and silver or white face.
- RSR springs.
- Tint (obviously)
- Debating removing the chrome with gloss black vinyl wrap.
- Fast Intentions Downpipes

I'm going to try and not void my warranty too quickly, but we'll see how that goes as my dealership is quite mod friendly :).

·
Registered
170 Posts
What type of vinyl wrap do you use? Thinking of doing that to my Q... On the roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

What type of vinyl wrap do you use? Thinking of doing that to my Q... On the roof.

I believe my guy uses 3M if I recall correctly. I had done graphite on my G37 with the Fiji mountains in gloss black.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Any signs of wear over time? Last thing I want is for my car to look tacky hahaha. But I know this is easier/cheaper than paint.. And can always remove if necessary

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any signs of wear over time? Last thing I want is for my car to look tacky hahaha. But I know this is easier/cheaper than paint.. And can always remove if necessary

I've had it for about a year or so and after a winter and 1-2 car washes a week with a pressure washer and such, no issues. The grill on the G37 was a pain in the ass to do. However, it looks like the Q60 grill is way easier as not everything is chrome.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
54 Posts
I will piggy-back on your introduction to introduce myself. I'm Brian, I picked up my Q60 RS in November '16 and have been loving it ever since - I even have my first speeding ticket to prove it! :)

I have been a member for quite a while - I have owned a '11 G37xS in white and a '14 Q60S in red. I've been into Infiniti cars for ahwile but I can safely say that my '17 Q60 is my favorite to date.

Pics attached - from the dealer's garage prior to delivery.

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Very very nice and that red in the corner of the light is a nice touch. I had my lower front wrapped in 3M gloss black and it looks great. They struggled doing the Chrome around the windows due to the coarse surface on the edge so we are looking into solutions there yet.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome and congratulations, you're driving the G37 currently ?
Ya. it's per say gone, its getting traded in when the car arrives.

·
Registered
430 Posts
FYI, Learned today that its rare but on some window chrome trims, they have a beveled edge causing issues for wraping. The installer will use an extra adhesive promoter on the edge to ensure it sticks over the long haul. They are also looking into seeing if the Q60 is more prone or if its a complete anomaly.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I even have my first speeding ticket to prove it! :)
I didn't get a single speeding ticket in my 2015 Q50 in the 1.5 years that I owned it, but I got a speeding ticket in under 24 hours in my Q60. I wasn't even going that fast, I was just breaking in the engine and paying more attention to my tach than my speed. Hopefully this car doesn't end up being a cop magnet, but something tells me it will...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hopefully this car doesn't end up being a cop magnet, but something tells me it will...
I am worried about the same. 2.5 years in the '11 G37 - 2 years in the '14 Q60 and I drove both of 'em like I stole 'em without so much as a warning. 2 months of driving the '17 RS in the same manner and I got nabbed.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I didn't get a single speeding ticket in my 2015 Q50 in the 1.5 years that I owned it, but I got a speeding ticket in under 24 hours in my Q60. I wasn't even going that fast, I was just breaking in the engine and paying more attention to my tach than my speed. Hopefully this car doesn't end up being a cop magnet, but something tells me it will...
I am worried about the same. 2.5 years in the '11 G37 - 2 years in the '14 Q60 and I drove both of 'em like I stole 'em without so much as a warning. 2 months of driving the '17 RS in the same manner and I got nabbed.
Haha. That was the one negative of picking Red. However, I just liked it too much.

Coming from a G37 Sedan in Asgard Grey, that while yes was loud AF when I wanted it to be, lowered and 30% tint, didn't attract too much attention.

I am slightly worried how a red q60 with 30% tint and GT Haus race exhaust will do haha! The good thing is I do have a radar detector for long highway drives. Saved my ass a few times with the g. It'll be fun though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Haha. That was the one negative of picking Red. However, I just liked it too much.

Coming from a G37 Sedan in Asgard Grey, that while yes was loud AF when I wanted it to be, lowered and 30% tint, didn't attract too much attention.

I am slightly worried how a red q60 with 30% tint and GT Haus race exhaust will do haha! The good thing is I do have a radar detector for long highway drives. Saved my ass a few times with the g. It'll be fun though.

How reliable are the radars? I'm concerned I'm going to attract attention. Specially since the dealership didn't put the front plate on my sport grill (required in state of RI) and I love to speed.

Last time I got pulled over for speeding I was in my '04 G35 doing 97 in a 55mph zone...music blasting... apparently the state trooper was behind me with lights and sirens on for 5 miles... oops

1 - 20 of 38 Posts