Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

We took delivery yesterday, and I'm looking forward to learning and comparing notes with all here. It is primarily my wife's car, and mine is a C7 Z51, but I'm very impressed with it so far.

Attachments

Reactions: Garnoch

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the welcome! Yes, graphite shadow w/ RS400 wheels in the same color and red calipers is stunning.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats! Car looks great! Best color IMO... but I may be biased

Reactions: Foosh

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum. Both the C7 and the Q60 RS look awesome! Do you daily the C7?
Thanks for the welcome.

As a matter of fact, I do almost daily-drive the C7 as my commuter into DC, except on frozen precipitation. I drive a Jeep on really bad days.

I have both OEM summer and all-season wheel and tires sets, which make that possible. The C7 is actually quite good in winter w/ proper tires, and can still be driven in a spirited fashion. However, the OEM Michelin Pilot Super Sport summer tires are pretty worthless below 40ºF. Too many Corvette owners put them away for winter, which I think is pretty silly.

My wife will use the Q60 RS as her daily as well, and we did purchase the AWD version.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Cool. I like the color on both although I'm partial to the Graphite Shadow or gray colored cars. Heck, my Q60 on order is also a graphite shadow RS with the monaco red interior.

Post more pics up of the Q60 and any planned mods, etc. They are still new, but they respond well to basic bolt-ons if that's in the cards.

I like your taste in cars. I almost went with a Jeep GC SRT before deciding on the Q60RS. The MPSS is pretty awesome but does tend to be touch and go below 40degF like you said. But I really like them for a high power cars especially in rainy weather. I don't think I've driven on another tire with the same level of traction at high speed in really heavy rainfall. Continental does well but isn't close imo.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, on the MPSS it's all a function of temperature. I agree that both the wet and dry grip of the PSS is astounding, but they don't reach full potential until pavement temps are above 70ºF. Of course, I'm also talking about grip levels above 1g, which the C7 is capable of. Below 70, grip begins to decline steadily in almost a linear fashion, until they drop off a cliff below 40ºF.

Michelin has recently released a new UHP all-season tire, the PS AS3+, which is now the #1-rated UHP all-season. I bought a set for my C7, and they truly are astounding. I've driven them down to 10ºF, and in about 1" of snow on the C7, and they are still excellent. The differences between summer UHP and all-season UHP tires, are shrinking with advances in tire technology.

In fact, the PS AS3+ is so good, many C7 owners are going to them year-round when they replace their OEM PSS. I suspect 90+% would not notice a difference in grip. However, since I have my PSS mounted on a second set of wheels, I'll switch back and forth, running each set about 6 months a year.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Getting delivery of mine today ?...

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats . . . saw the pictures of yours in wrapping paper. I look forward to seeing it all cleaned up!

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I've heard good things about the AS3+ as well as the DWS so when it comes time to replace my Q60 tires, I'll go with one or the other I figure.

It's a pity the sizes of all seasons are somewhat restricted. I've had to stick with MPSS on the weekend car as a result which gets difficult to manage in winter time since I don't have a second set.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The PS AS3+ has, since introduction in January 2016, come out in larger sizes. In November, they were available in OEM C7 Z51 sizes, which are 245/35-19 (front) and 285/30-20 (rear). The latter are currently the largest available, but Michelin will supposedly add sizes for the Grand Sport and Z06 (335-series, rear) sometime this year.

The Conti DWS is also a very good UHP all-season, and I think it's now #2 on the Tire Rack list.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dragon,

Yes, the 255/40-19 will work great.

The extra 5mm on the inside and outside (10mm or 0.39" wider total) won't make any difference at all, and the fit is within spec for a 19 x 9" wheel. If anything, the car would look a little better with a little more tire. The OEM 245s are plenty tucked inside the wheel wells.

My C7 Z51 has 245/35-19's mounted on 19 x 8.5 wheels on the front. I will put the Michelin PS AS3+ 255/40-19 on our car, when it's time for new tires, perhaps even sooner.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Yeah I needed 335/30/20 for the rears on mine and had to stick with MPSS as a result. The fronts are now on 285/35/20s which are available in the AS3+ I believe.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, 285/35-20s are available.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Entering the 2017 infiniti Q60 on Michelin's site suggest 255/40ZR19 100Y's for our car, I take the extra half inch or so on the tire won't cause any rubbing?
I might be remembering incorrectly, but I think @Qx4cor had tried going to the 255s on an AWD trim vehicle and had to switch back to 245s because the dealer said there was some rubbing.

Hopefully he sees this and can chime in. Otherwise the link below might help. :D

http://www.infinitiq60.org/forum/20...-forum/4394-17-q60-questions-2.html#post42497

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmm . . . thanks Testrage.

Obviously, I was just assuming that it wasn't so tight that 5mm would cause a problem. However, I've learned many times that assumptions are often wrong.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
At any rate, the OEM AWD sizes 245/40-19 are available in the PS AS3+. I just checked at Tire Rack, and they are now in stock @ $786/set, compared to the Dunlops, which are listed @ $1582.

That's crazy, considering the AS3+ is listed as the #1 UHP all season, and the OEM Dunlop is rated as one of the lowest, w/ "poor" in just about every review category.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts