Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,823 Posts

It's been posted. With no resonators it's probably loud as **** and may not sound that great.

·
Super Moderator
2,823 Posts
That's a rip off. $600 just for tips? lol

I wonder if it's also made by Stillen like the Q50.

If so, I would rather get one by Fujitsubo.

But I prefer do prefer Stillen to some off brands like Fast Intentions.
Saw a white Q50 parked today with Stillen plate frames and polished exhaust tips. Here's a video from parts.infinitiusa.com for the Sport Muffler Kit - Q50

·
Registered
9 Posts
These are actually manufactured through Infiniti Motorsports (NISMO basically)

I heard a prototype exhaust they were working on at ZNationals on a Redsport they brought out....it sounds legendary and looks tremendous.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Things to keep in mind:

That Q50 Sport Muffler was for the 3.7. Not a Twin Turbo. The new one for Q60 and the tt Q50's (linked and pic by Bevo) is basically a straight pipe set up. I was looking at it earlier and I thought I also saw a version with small muffler/resonator - but now I don't see it. The straight pipe is a really easy install (Infiniti suggests .4 hr for a tech). It has INFINITI etched into the tips.

I'd like to hear it. with the turbo, it should be quieter than straight pipes on a normally aspirated car.

·
Super Moderator
2,823 Posts
The new one for Q60 and the tt Q50's (linked and pic by Bevo) is basically a straight pipe set up. I was looking at it earlier and I thought I also saw a version with small muffler/resonator - but now I don't see it.

Part Number: B0100Q50SM
https://parts.infinitiusa.com

·
Super Moderator
2,823 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ditto! Someone please try this. Are there any power output benefits with this?
I'd assume the gains are pretty minimal. It's just a muffler delete, so you're still leaving 2 cats on each side, which is where's the power is being starved.
The Fast Intentions catback, which is 2.5", shows 14hp gain. Add the lower downpipes, removing a cat from each side, and it's jumps to 43hp gained.
Muffler delete is all about the sound.

Reactions: Prestige

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'd assume the gains are pretty minimal. It's just a muffler delete, so you're still leaving 2 cats on each side, which is where's the power is being starved.
The Fast Intentions catback, which is 2.5", shows 14hp gain. Add the lower downpipes, removing a cat from each side, and it's jumps to 43hp gained.
Well now that that's answered, who is trying this first? We need video with sound.

·
Super Moderator
2,823 Posts
Code:
Yeah, I'm ok with better sound and I'm fine with a measly 400HP. Pretty sure that 43HP gain is on a Q60 300

·
Registered
500 Posts
I need to hear the lower downpipes mixed with a muffler delete. Thats what Im interested in
Some long tube headers would go great with that :D

With how amazing Infiniti engines sound from factory and every with system mods like what you mentioned i'm sure the right header build will do a lot.

A good example is this Lexus.

Only downside is that entire system costs $20,000

·
Super Moderator
2,823 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Some long tube headers would go great with that :D

Only downside is that entire system costs $20,000
That Lexus v8 has 2 additional cylinders and revs almost 900 rpm more than the Infiniti 3.0T though.

I'd love something that sounds like the Lexus but I've made my peace over time that no TTV6 will ever come close to the boner inducing sound of a well balanced v8. Add a hybrid (street/race) cam with an aggressive lope and omg...:D:D:D

·
Registered
359 Posts
And they jacked up the look of the OEM tips
I'm with you. I like the RS tips, and I'm not willing to lose those and pay enormous amounts of money for minimal HP gains. I don't mind the exhaust sound so much, it's nice to be a little stealthy, especially since I do a lot of my driving at night. I let the speed of the car speak for itself.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts

Normally I'd agree with you on this for an NA engine, but with a turbo setup exhaust flow plays a direct role in power output due to back pressure ratios. So while yes doing a catback exhaust without downpipes or HFC's + tune gives minimum gains, it's far more than you would get on a NA engine and it preludes to future gains of greater value.

But I'd be lying if I didn't say to me 50% of it is all about the sound too :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey guys after days of trying to figure out which one to get the fast intentions cat back exhaust or Infiniti sport mufflers I ended up going with infiniti's. There is some good amount of drone in the cabin when driving in the city but it mellows out while cruising on the highway barely noticeable until you step on the gas then you really hear it. So far I like it Everytime I step foot in my q60 RS there's always someone breaking their neck to see especially when I step on the gas. I just joined this forum not to long ago so I just thought I should add my 2 cents lol. I will be uploading a video but I doubt it would do it any justice.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Hey guys after days of trying to figure out which one to get the fast intentions cat back exhaust or Infiniti sport mufflers I ended up going with infiniti's. There is some good amount of drone in the cabin when driving in the city but it mellows out while cruising on the highway barely noticeable until you step on the gas then you really hear it. So far I like it Everytime I step foot in my q60 RS there's always someone breaking their neck to see especially when I step on the gas. I just joined this forum not to long ago so I just thought I should add my 2 cents lol. I will be uploading a video but I doubt it would do it any justice.
Glad you like it Bigboss and I'm sure I speak for a lot of folks that would be interested in listening to the clips of the exhaust. :D

1 - 20 of 259 Posts