Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

The q60 is my first Infiniti, so I have a few (dumb) questions that I hope you guys can clarify for me.

1) What is the difference between Infiniti Connection and Infiniti In Touch services??

2) What services are actually included? Is this something that most of you guys pay for after the 6 months trial? And how much?

3) Should I want it...do I go and enroll in the owner portal?

Haha sorry if these are hella basic...coming from an '09 Camry lol

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
Welcome HCN and congrats on your first Infiniti :).

I'm on my third but don't really have all the answers so this forum has been a godsend. I know someone will chime in with better answers but I took a stab at answering what I could :nerd:

Hi guys,

The q60 is my first Infiniti, so I have a few (dumb) questions that I hope you guys can clarify for me.

1) What is the difference between Infiniti Connection and Infiniti In Touch services?? --> I think the In Touch is only for the Q50 & Q60 and is almost the same as Connection but I have never messed with In Touch Services until now so I can't be sure tbh.

2) What services are actually included? Is this something that most of you guys pay for after the 6 months trial? And how much? --> For me, only the first oil change service is included. I've heard of synthetic oil changes being around $70 USD give or take but your dealer service dept can confirm. I didn't sign up for a maintenance package since I put maybe 5k miles/yr on my DD.

3) Should I want it...do I go and enroll in the owner portal? --> Try it out; it's free for 6mths. That way you can decide if the $350 or so/yr to continue it is value-add to you. I like the convenience when I get it to work but I don't know if it's value add to me...it will have to prove itself when summer hits and I find myself climbing into a hot car vs a cool one.

Haha sorry if these are hella basic...coming from an '09 Camry lol

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Infiniti InTouch refers to free features like Bluetooth and voice recognition.

https://www.infinitiusa.com/intouch/system-details

Infiniti InTouch Services is free for six months. It includes:

Automatic Collision Notification
Emergency Call
Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Alarm Notification
Report Stolen Vehicle
Remote Engine Start*
Remote Door Lock/Unlock
Remote Horn & Lights
My Schedule
Vehicle Health Report†
Maintenance Alert
Scheduled Maintenance Notification
Drive Zone
Arrival Alert
Curfew Alert
Valet Alert
Max Speed Alert
Mobile Information Service
Destination Assistance
Destination Send-to-Vehicle
Connected Search
In-Vehicle Connection to Infiniti Personal Assistant

https://www.infinitiusa.com/intouch...s/infiniti-intouch-services-requirements.html

Reactions: HCN

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Reactions: Garnoch

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I'm on my third too and this part is always way too confusing than it should be.

Thanks for the info on enrolling, BH.
I came home to emails from Infiniti for me to enroll. I know my salesperson helped set that up for me along with the Intouch Services app. I'm surprised this was not done for everyone tbh.

I probably wouldn't even have used it if it wasn't for the convenience of having it be set up already. I'm lazy like that...>:)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
I came home to emails from Infiniti for me to enroll. I know my salesperson helped set that up for me along with the Intouch Services app. I'm surprised this was not done for everyone tbh.

I probably wouldn't even have used it if it wasn't for the convenience of having it be set up already. I'm lazy like that...>:)
I'm too impatient so I set it up myself :)

Reactions: Garnoch

·
Registered
189 Posts
Go to the portal and enroll as Bevo suggests. It may be free for 6 months but the 'handout brochure' I got says one year. Whatever... At any rate the 2017 Q60 has Infiniti Intouch, other Infiniti models may have Infiniti Connection. They both cover about the same features as Bevo mentions above. The website also has a page that shows exactly what features are available for your particular car. Cost for basic InTouch is $179. per year and InTouch Premier is $129. per year extra. Total package is $308. per year. I confess to this point I have not used many of these features, but the Automatic Collision Notification does have its appeal. :(

·
Registered
312 Posts
That price for only one year is insane compared to what you get. Now I remember why I let it expire on the JX. Not sure what I'll do for the Q60.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
It may be free for 6 months but the 'handout brochure' I got says one year.
I just copied and pasted from the website. I know my Nissan connect expired in 6 months.

·
Registered
189 Posts
OK, OK, Bevo is right again, of course! I found on the website that the trial period is 6 months. Infiniti seems to pass out a lot of info that is not quite correct or changes rapidly. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Trial used to be one year. In 16 they backed off to 6 months.

It used to be called Infiniti Connection. It is now called Infiniti Intouch Services. SSDD

It can be very useful - especially when you connect to one of the Infiniti Personal Assistants. They can send an address directly to your navi screen.

The Google Send to Car feature is nice if you're at your desk and want to send a couple destinations to the car so they're available when you get in.

Remote start from your phone is a cool party trick, but isn't much different from using the key fob - although it would probably work from your office to the parking garage better than the keyfob.

Valet alert is cool if you're worried the valet is joyriding your car. Geofencing your kids, or setting a speed limit is also a cool trick if you don't trust them.

I don't know if they're still charging $300+/year for it. I've tried to convince the powers that be to give it free to any salesperson with a capable vehicle - no one has ever responded to me. If they gave it to me free, I'd be on here telling everyone stories about how I've used it to save me time and money. But since mine shut off after 6 months and they won't even offer employees a sweet discount, screw it.

OK, I'll give one good story of how I used it. I was meeting a friend at a Sharks game. He had a parking pass to hand me. Told me to meet him at the entrance to the North Parking lot. I had no idea which street that was on. I called personal assistant and told them what I needed. They looked it up on Google maps and sent me a destination that was the exact coordinates for the parking lot entrance. I'd have gotten there eventually, but it saved me a lot of time.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
It can be very useful - especially when you connect to one of the Infiniti Personal Assistants. They can send an address directly to your navi screen.

The Google Send to Car feature is nice if you're at your desk and want to send a couple destinations to the car so they're available when you get in.
Yeah, I'm going to miss those two features, but they're just not worth the price. Pretty sure Google Send to Car has been replaced by Destination Send To Vehicle through the Infiniti InTouch Services website.

·
Registered
189 Posts
According to the owner's website a few models still have "Infiniti Connection" such as the Q70 and QX80. Most do have the InTouch, however. And as of today it would be $308. to renew the total package for one year. That does not include taxes, shipping and handling. :)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to miss those two features, but they're just not worth the price. Pretty sure Google Send to Car has been replaced by Destination Send To Vehicle through the Infiniti InTouch Services website.
Two different things. Destination Send to Vehicle is through the Owner Portal. Google Send to Car is if you're logged in to your gmail account on Google Maps. Both work on the current vehicles.

Do other manufacturers charge for this kind of connectivity?
Yes. It uses its own GSM chip so at a minimum, connectivity isn't free.

Reactions: Bevo Horn

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Two different things. Destination Send to Vehicle is through the Owner Portal. Google Send to Car is if you're logged in to your gmail account on Google Maps. Both work on the current vehicles.
Google maps is asking for an Account ID from the manufacturer to add the car. Ok, figured it out. The Account ID is the email address that I used to register with Infiniti.

Reactions: Sinecure

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good information. I'll have to research it before it expires. I will miss the remote start via phone (used it all the time in my Cadillac CTS via the Onstar app). Hopefully it comes in a lesser package so I don't have to buy it all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts