Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone.. My name is Dave and I'm glad to be here.
It'll be nice to get back to having a bit of fun again with the Q60. I had two Maserati GT's back in the day and had a blast!
I had to settle for Mazda 6 since 2018. Its a good car..never a lick of trouble.
Just put a deposit down on a red sport in graphite shadow and monaco red interior. Has the upgraded wheels and carbon package. First thing I’m doing is getting the crap tires replaced with the recommended Continental all-seasons. I think I'll keep it basically stock for now and consider performance upgrades after i've lived with it for a while.
Looking forward to maybe a November delivery. (y)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,740 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome! Let's see some pics when you get em

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome....much appreciated!
Pics will follow,for sure after a intense detailing and the addition of some visual tweeks i'm thinking about.
I have to say i'm blown away by the performance potential, but im not as hard-core as some...
...so some modest bolt-on stuff and a tune,just to tweek it a bit...but you never know.... You could really go hog wild if you wanted to.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One thing i'm looking at is an OEM exterior vinyl piece with a carbon fiber look that protects the lip of the back bumper...
T99B1-5CH0B Genuine Infiniti Carbon Fiber Look Rear Bumper Protector
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car
Hood Automotive lighting Luggage and bags Automotive parking light Motor vehicle

Could'nt find may pics so its hard to say how its fits in with the rest of the carbon..Really need to see the whole car
Opinions and suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I went with clear bra instead of the faux CF vinyl. To me, the CF would look out of place, especially if the weave doesn’t match.

Reactions: Omenx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went with clear bra instead of the faux CF vinyl. To me, the CF would look out of place, especially if the weave doesn’t match.
You really would need to see how it matches up with the other carbon pieces, especially the spoiler.
Found this pic that shows the effect much better. I think it looks pretty good but there's not much detail on how it matches up, but you get a better feel for what it does visually.
Since its an OEM part wouldn't it make sense that Infiniti would want something that looks close to the other carbon they offer?

Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congrats and welcome !!!

I bought the clear rear bumper cover protector but never put it on ultimately decided I didn’t need it. I almost never put anything in my trunk.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The more i looked at the image the more i came to the conclusion it just doesn't look right..so I think i'll do the clear protector.
Also decided to get the OEM sport helmholtz exhaust kit.

Automotive exhaust Bicycle part Tool Nickel Exhaust system

·
Registered
272 Posts
The more i looked at the image the more i came to the conclusion it just doesn't look right..so I think i'll do the clear protector.
Also decided to get the OEM sport helmholtz exhaust kit.

View attachment 25026
I've got a used set for sale if you're interested.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've got a used set for sale if you're interested.
Thanks ... I’ll keep you offer in mind. After doing some homework I’m seriously considering a Cat back instead.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Thanks ... I’ll keep you offer in mind. After doing some homework I’m seriously considering a Cat back instead.
Fast Intentions (FI) is my vote if you go CBE. I have the resonated version with 14" Touring Mufflers and Polished tips.

If your Q is pretty much signed, sealed and delivered by Nov/Dec timeframe, the FI CBE is currently at a 16-20 week leadtime, so I recommend ordering it now, by either calling Kevin directly at FI or ordering online.

Q60 3.0L VR30DDTT Cat Back Exhaust, Fast Intentions

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I really appreciate the info. Just one of many potential modifications to think about right now.
I know for sure a catch can is a must with the GDI engine. Mishimoto or ADD W1?
Not sure.
Btw...your Q is absolutely gorgeous, IridiumRS400

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I really appreciate the info. Just one of many potential modifications to think about right now.I know for sure a catch can is a must with the GDI engine. Mishimoto or ADD W1?
Not sure.
Mishimoto has a nice bracket design for the VR30 OCC, however, it gets in the way of a front strut bar, if you so choose to install one in the future. The ADD W1 is ok, just don't order the CF can option, as one member tracked his Q with it, and it ended up melting and leaking out the scavenged oil vapor.

Btw...your Q is absolutely gorgeous, IridiumRS400
Thanks! I'm just about done with appearance changes, except I have a CF front lip to install when I have the time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You really would need to see how it matches up with the other carbon pieces, especially the spoiler.
Found this pic that shows the effect much better. I think it looks pretty good but there's not much detail on how it matches up, but you get a better feel for what it does visually.
Since its an OEM part wouldn't it make sense that Infiniti would want something that looks close to the other carbon they offer?

View attachment 25009
I just bought this from my dealer today ima have installed towards the end of the weekend if you haven’t bought one yet I’ll show pics this weekend

1 - 20 of 50 Posts