Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Infiniti Q50/Q60 Stage 1 Performance Tuner - BurgerTuning.com

Have this on order. Company seems very reputable. Spoke with them they told me expect 30-50 HP on a Redsport and up to 100 on a Silversport all dependent on what gas you use since better gas means you can add more PSI for the turbos. Keep in mind the dyno sheet in the link is with e30 mix. Will report back on how it goes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Please keep us updated.
Looking at the install guide it appears to be similar to an electric boost controller. It doesn't appear to overwrite the ECU map like a tune would. The positive is that there would be no trace of it once removed.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Definitely looks to be like a boost controller that just already has a pre-set boost level so when you plug it in, it changes the parameters and that's essentially about it. I was going through the forum link that they have on there but really didn't see anything interesting about this.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea exactly. This would be for guys who are worried about voiding their warranty. You can definitely get way more power out of a ecu remap tune. Its a decent power upgrade for a decent price IMO.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Burger is very well respected in the German camps. Honestly it's one of the reasons I'd go with a particular German car as the whole flashing ECU thing is very 1998. Way too expensive with no way of negating some of the cost by passing on hardware to a new owner. Great marketing tool for tuners and the company but more costly for the enthusiast.

One issue with the Burger is that it really can't compensate for larger turbos as it doesn't have control over injector duty cycle. They're pretty honest with their numbers however, based on what I read on the Audi/VW/BMW forums. And obviously the big advantage is that it's plug and play with no trace left on the ECU.

The torque numbers are through the roof, especially on partial E-85. I again have to wonder how the transmission will hold up long term. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of these if I had an RS and run the 93 octane map. Now if it would just make the car loose 500 pounds...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Burger is very well respected in the German camps. Honestly it's one of the reasons I'd go with a particular German car as the whole flashing ECU thing is very 1998. Way too expensive with no way of negating some of the cost by passing on hardware to a new owner. Great marketing tool for tuners and the company but more costly for the enthusiast.

One issue with the Burger is that it really can't compensate for larger turbos as it doesn't have control over injector duty cycle. They're pretty honest with their numbers however, based on what I read on the Audi/VW/BMW forums. And obviously the big advantage is that it's plug and play with no trace left on the ECU.

The torque numbers are through the roof, especially on partial E-85. I again have to wonder how the transmission will hold up long term. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of these if I had an RS and run the 93 octane map. Now if it would just make the car loose 500 pounds...
Hello everyone. Is my first message in this forum, although I have read a lot because the Q60 has me in love. At the moment I will continue with my 335i e92 but if the transmission of the Q60 RS does not prevent it, I will end up buying one :D.

I just wanted to tell you how well JB4 works on BMWs so I'm sure it will do the same with Infiniti and its 3.0t. I took 7 years with JB and although at first the product needed to be polished, the improvements were and are continuous until getting a perfect product.

My ccustomized 335i has 400whp and is manual. I'm very happy with him but he's already 10 years old and I'm thinking of his replacement for next summer. I would be so grateful for someone who has a Q60 and had before a 335i / 235 / 435i to say the good and bad things of the change (@autechpan ?). More or less we all have them in mind so the summary is to know if it really is a change for the better. I am 37 years old and I like to drive fast on all kinds of roads but I do not drive the car to the circuit.

I think I should have put this on another topic and I was planning on doing it in the future but reading JB4 I thought I could help you :).

Finally, greetings from Madrid, Spain, and sorry for my English.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got mine ordered. Nice addition to my FI exaust and my problem free stillen cai (my tubes dont kink at the curve but just barely fits right, gonna do logan's mod anyway) Ill let you guys know how the combo goes.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Just sent them a message asking if this would work on a non-sport edition. If so, than this is a great option to re-mapping the ECU and having to worry about warranties.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just sent them a message asking if this would work on a non-sport edition. If so, than this is a great option to re-mapping the ECU and having to worry about warranties.
If you read the thread, Terry says this works on all 3.0t models. There's even a separate dyno graph for the premium and red sport.

·
Registered
125 Posts
****, this is great!

Comming from BMW I always used burger tuning, they are fantastic little pigyback systems.

Gains look great.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yup.. just spoke with them and wanted to make sure before making the purchase. I'll have it installed next week
Did you get the Mapping cable to play around with PSI?

This is also the reason I did not mind getting the Non-red sport because of the piggy backs. HOWEVER, I never knew a sport version would come out with paddle shifters and larger brakes would come out. Otherwise I would have purchased that and then tuned it for 379.99+ shipping lol.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Wow, this little thing really makes to snails hiss hahah! But under normal driving it's really subtle I will say. It's also a crazy easy addition to install. Being the OCD guy I am tho I dremeled a small little slot in the brake compartment cover where the cord runs under and now it looks really stealth. Oh and I felted the controller box to give it a bit of cushioning as it just sits next to the master cylinder.

Reactions: Broxx

·
Registered
298 Posts
Wow, this little thing really makes to snails hiss hahah! But under normal driving it's really subtle I will say. It's also a crazy easy addition to install. Being the OCD guy I am tho I dremeled a small little slot in the brake compartment cover where the cord runs under and now it looks really stealth. Oh and I felted the controller box to give it a bit of cushioning as it just sits next to the master cylinder.
Hiss as in they produce more noise?? I was curious how the added boost would sound. You also have an intake though right?

Overall impressions? I might pull the trigger here pretty soon!

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Hiss as in they produce more noise?? I was curious how the added boost would sound. You also have an intake though right?

Overall impressions? I might pull the trigger here pretty soon!
Yea you can really hear them kick in at WOT, with my intake setup you could still hear them but with the controller it's just louder at more heavy acceleration. My initial impressions of it are good, but I haven't driven with it long enough to give a decent report of it. I will say it doesn't change the feel of the car much with regards to normal driving which is good to me at least.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Has anyone used this on their Red Sport?

I'm so close to pulling the trigger, just wondering if it makes a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Has anyone used this on their Red Sport?

I'm so close to pulling the trigger, just wondering if it makes a noticeable difference.
Well, I have a Red Sport, so hopefully within a few days (depending on shipping time), I'll be able to provide a review.

That said, if you go on the Q50 forums, there are a handful of Red Sport guys that have done the tune, so maybe you could consult with them for the time being.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts