Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it appears NISMO is diving more into developing things for Infiniti, what sort of products are forum members interested in seeing developed other than axle-back exhaust?

They are very aware of cold air intakes and suspension.

Any other ideas/thoughts/pipe dreams?

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
I would love to see a more aggressive body kit. One that is properly mounted to the chassis and not to body panels since I've been hearing & seeing horror stories with the Stillen front spoiler pulling the bumper off it's mounting locations (or causing the bumper to split near it's mounting locations) from the down force generated on it during high speed driving.

I honestly don't think I would personally want anything else. An intake if they released one (with full warranty maintained) might be interesting to me along with lowering springs à la RSR downs but I'm pretty happy with the car as is...so whether Is witched would depend on cost. The last thing I want to do is make my daily driver horrible as a daily driver.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank goodness for some good responses! I've only gotten insulted on the Q50 forum with the same question...

Body kits would be amazing! And, I agree. The fitment with a lot of aftermarket items can sometimes be problematic.

The CAI would be awesome should it actually come to fruition. Especially from a warranty standpoint. I've only tried Stillen in the past and was not impressed with their fitment. One side what way too tight and the other side had enough play to rattle at idle.

Wheels: not sure if this is something they offer already or not. I thought they had some at one point.

No worries about guilty pleasures. We all have them! I like doing wheels and sway bars on my rides when I get them...and when there is money.

What about boost gauges? Or, intercooler upgrades?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
What about boost gauges?
Heck yeah a boost gauge. That's the first thing I asked the salesman if there was a display for the boost.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I feel like NISMO should be giving us a CAI that won't cost $500 for filters and pipes, and also one that is extensively checked out not to give us issues like Stillen has. I've returned mine before even putting it on.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I feel one of the most important aspects of a powerful rear wheel drive car is the way it puts torque and power to the ground.

When it came to lateral handling. the G37 coupe took turns at a faster speed. The car would hold ground deeper into the turn and the rear end would stay more planted.

Some folks dont realize how important the LSD was. If the Red Sport had an LSD, it would have a faster 0-60, a higher slalom speed, a higher trap speed, it would just be an easier car to drive at speed through the corners.

NISMO needs to give us a brand new rear differential. It would be one of the biggest upgrades possible to the car.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
FYI to all those posting here. I do keep encouraging NISMO to view this thread! This is real-world feedback from enthusiasts that they should pay attention to!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts