Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan, the owner of Infiniti, announced a recall of about 908,900 vehicles around the world due to an accelerator glitch. The recall mostly applies to vehicles in Japan, but it also covers 98,300 vehicles in the US including certain Infiniti M models.

The specific problem was that the sensor in the accelerator pedal could become unstable, possibly resulting in less-than-intended acceleration, and in the worst case, a stalled engine. It should only take 90 minutes to fix each vehicle.

·
Registered
116 Posts
hopefully this doesnt result in idiots jamming on the brakes if they get a higher acceleration than needed that cant be stopped by brakes, turning off the car will save them

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would far rather have the car not go as fast as I want it to than go faster than I want it to. I have seen those videos of out of control acceleration. That is a nightmare, like something from Final Destination. Glad to hear that they already know how to fix it and it won't take that long. It sucks when a company recalls a car but havent figured out how to fix the problem yet.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would far rather have the car not go as fast as I want it to than go faster than I want it to. I have seen those videos of out of control acceleration. That is a nightmare, like something from Final Destination. Glad to hear that they already know how to fix it and it won't take that long. It sucks when a company recalls a car but havent figured out how to fix the problem yet.
as long as they hook owners up with a nice loaner car, it's not that bad :D
i just hate it when they run out of loaner cars and you end up with a rental

·
Registered
95 Posts
When recalls happen they sometimes run out of loaner cars since so many people are bringing in their cars for repair.

BMW was having a huge parts delay and it meant that a lot of people didn't get a loaner car. That would only make me more angry when I'm already upset that my car is broken. Luckily I have never owned a vehicle that has been recalled.

Another thing: With the US government shutdown I guess that the department that deals with recalls is not operational. So right now there is no gov't agency looking out for us if our cars are defective and should recalled.

·
Registered
364 Posts
well we haven't seen any news on any problems so Infiniti caught this one early. good for them! you didn't make headlines!

COUGH HYUNDAI COUGH

·
Registered
95 Posts
There was a different recall for the QX60 though that has to do with the brakes. And it was a pretty hefty recall too. Lots and lots of vehicles. That one might make headlines. Two steps forward and one step back.

·
Registered
225 Posts
There was a different recall for the QX60 though that has to do with the brakes. And it was a pretty hefty recall too. Lots and lots of vehicles. That one might make headlines. Two steps forward and one step back.
that recall was bad

I know it was a safety related issue too and that it's best to take it into a local dealer asap.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha. It would be terrible to have both pedals on your car broken. Less than intended acceleration and then unresponsive braking. I could think of things that are worse, but it is not nice to have so many recalls in a short time period.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah it's getting bad, at least it doesn't seem like any of this stuff went viral with mainstream media reporting it and making stories on it. Unlike Toyota where it just got out of hand.

·
Registered
364 Posts
well the pedals arent actually broken lol

i was just joking about how there is a brake recall and an accelerator recall

actually its not that funny.. but Infiniti needs to fix these issues promptly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts