Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. the Infiniti performance range that was supposed to be deemed "Eau Rouge" is not going to happen. However, they will be multi-coloured "S" badges to differentiate between.

A silver-coloured S badge will be for those with simple performance and visual modifications.

A blue S badge will be for those that have a punchy hybrid powertrain

And lastly, the red S badge will be what signifies the performance vehicles

A little confusing... I don't think so.. but I kind of wanted a cool name as opposed to a different colour S...

How about you guys ?!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Don't much care for the pedestrian badge naming system but it would be easy for people to instantly tell which S model someone/dealership has by glancing at the color. Doesn't really matter all that much to me since it's what's under the hood that counts.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I just think it'll be difficult to talk to people about it lol. I don't really care for fancy names either. But, when you call and order a part...

"Okay sir, which model do you have?"

"I have the S model"

"Which colour S?"

"uh... red"

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the issue I'll have.. having the trouble of explaining to people the differences between the S. It'll get really irritating really quickly

·
Registered
591 Posts
Does it really matter which S model it is? Just throw out the hp and torque numbers to wow them. I'm hoping that they'll keep the 560bhp powerhouse that was rumored to make it into production.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just find it much easier to list say the trim rather than start listing specs out.

But hopefully that 560bhp is there, that will be a complete beast.

·
Registered
114 Posts
They should have left out the silver-coloured S badge and only kept the red and blue ones. For the hybrid, people will just say it's a hybrid anyways but differentiating between a silver S and a red one seems, for the lack of a better word, dumb.

·
Registered
327 Posts
But then there would need to be some sort of distinction from the base model... perhaps just the word sport or something ?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exactly. The Eau-Rouge should have been given a proper bad so that it'll have full distinction. It's a special model that deserves something more than the same S that's just red.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Not the easiest thing to develop a badge for unlike BMW's M division, or AMG, or F (lexus), and the list goes on.

From what I seen with the concept, they're most likely to not include a badge but instead let the exterior styling do the speaking

·
Registered
2 Posts
2017 Q60 Sport

Has anyone heard a possible release date for the 2017 Q60 Sport. We saw the 2017 Q60 at the dealership last weekend. Black on Black. Looked great. We asked about the 2017 Sport version availability, but they didn't have any details.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Has anyone heard a possible release date for the 2017 Q60 Sport. We saw the 2017 Q60 at the dealership last weekend. Black on Black. Looked great. We asked about the 2017 Sport version availability, but they didn't have any details.
Please search within the forum before asking questions =]

Regardless, I have stated that the release of the Q60 sport will be in November 2nd half in most dealers.
Pricing is not given to dealers, only customization of the car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Eau Rouge was simply a terrible idea pronunciation wise. Its hard to say, and completely foreign to most people. Has different meanings to people around the world, while S is rather self explanatory and an established concept.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wouldn't say it's that difficult to pronounce... ? There's the VW Touareg. Now that's hard to pronounce. Nissan "Qashqai". Or heck, Hyundai in general, people struggle to pronounce that !

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's lame a ****. Then you have to explain even further why there's more "S" variations. Dumb.

·
Super Moderator
2,077 Posts
That's lame a ****. Then you have to explain even further why there's more "S" variations. Dumb.
The naming scheme could certainly be better. But "Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400 AWD" is a mouthful the same way that "Lexus RC350 F-Sport AWD" would be....at least it's 400 vs 350, right? ;-)

Could be worse...we could have Porsche's naming schemes and price tags.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The naming scheme could certainly be better. But "Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400 AWD" is a mouthful the same way that "Lexus RC350 F-Sport AWD" would be....at least it's 400 vs 350, right? ;-)

Could be worse...we could have Porsche's naming schemes and price tags.
Or worse, numbers like what BMW uses that don't relate to anything. They used to back in the 90's and a bit after but now not anymore. At least with Infiniti if you look at a brochure showing all the models they sell it makes sense.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts