Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently swapped engine on my q60, went to start the car and got it to crank only, checked to see if i was getting spark to spark plugs and there is no spark. Someone please help

·
Registered
152 Posts
Swapped engine means higher chance of missing a wire, connector, ground, or switch. It could also be a faulty Coil.. do all 6 do it? If not, prob a coil. Could also be a Crankshaft pos. sensor or the actual ignition system itself but that seems unlikely

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Swapped engine means higher chance of missing a wire, connector, ground, or switch. It could also be a faulty Coil.. do all 6 do it? If not, prob a coil. Could also be a Crankshaft pos. sensor or the actual ignition system itself but that seems unlikely
checked the whole harness everything is plugged in, checked 2 coils on each side (4). Plugged it into my buddies snap-on tool and it said bcm not responding with other computers, i don’t understand it was working fine with bad motor and it started fine before other than the rod knock and its reading my key, i tried to run my q50 ecu and bcm it didnt make a difference(not sure if it would work from q50 to q60) i found a bcm ecu and key from a rs q60 on ebay waiting shipping, would the q60 rd ecu bcm and key work on my q60?It has no codes for crank or cam sensors and it did this before but it was immobilizer and the dash had thered key light on now it doesnt. I have all the sensors off the old motor still so if these computers dont work my next step will be to swap the crank sensors, and after that what should my next step be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay thanks, would it matter if i used my original ecu? Would i have to use the same ecu as the engine?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts