Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Continuing on with the OEM CF parts, here is a set of the Fender Vent (covers/garnish).

I also purchased these from Infiniti of Gwinnett in Duluth, Georgia. Turnaround time from order placement to doorstep was 5 days (ordered Monday, received today, Saturday). Each cover/overlay is extremely light as they are just cf shells, but the quality and finish is superb. As is the norm with these OEM CF accessories the price is on the insane side, but the quality is there and this is certainly a better option than wrapping, IMO. Also consider EMM Tuning's direct replacement fender vent garnishes for a cheaper but equally good alternative.

Part Number: T99G8-5CH0A
MSRP: $395.00 USD
Country of Manufacture: China
Installation: This set of fender vent covers/garnishes are OVERLAYS. This means that no replacement of any parts is required; while this is real carbon fiber, they are merely shells/overlays that are stuck on top of the existing chrome fender vents via 3M adhesive. Installation should take literally 3-5 minutes (clean/prep fender vents with alcohol + adhesive promoter, then stick these on and apply pressure while making sure there is even coverage).
Accessory Installation Instructions: https://www.infiniti-techinfo.com/asistgc_1/USENG/diskdocs/1/V/C/1VC37.PDF

Pictures:

Box contents:

Both overlays:

Underside w/ manufacturing label:

Close-up of carbon fiber weave:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will have installation pics available most likely Tuesday/Wednesday of this coming week as my Q60 is at the dealership to have the sport grille and OEM CF spoiler installed first. :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Some quick pictures I snapped of these OEM CF fender vent covers this afternoon while showing a coworker my vinyl wrapped window trim...lol. Disregard the dirt, it just stopped raining in NorCal and she will be getting a wash + wax tomorrow or Sunday. :)

Installation was easy; I the cleaned fender vents with isopropyl alcohol first and then used a 3M Adhesion Promoter swab afterwards...from there, it was just removing the 3M adhesive tape one at a time (followed the install instructions) as I applied these CF covers/overlays. Didn't have to worry about alignment or centering as these were a perfect, snug fit over the chrome vents. Pressed down on the edges + all around and held for a bit to ensure the bonds were equal, then buffed with a microfiber towel to clean. Should take no more than 10-15 minutes at most. Not worried about these coming off either...3M tape on its own is like super glue when applied on a properly prepped surface already, but with adhesion promoter on top of it...it's definitely a done deal for good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That looks great - I ordered CF pieces from EMM Tuning which I'm regretting now. They weren't overlays like the ones from Infiniti, you actually have to remove the pieces and do a direct replacement. Considering sending them back - seems silly to have to remove the bumper and all that entails just to swap out the chrome surround on the fog lights.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
That looks great - I ordered CF pieces from EMM Tuning which I'm regretting now. They weren't overlays like the ones from Infiniti, you actually have to remove the pieces and do a direct replacement. Considering sending them back - seems silly to have to remove the bumper and all that entails just to swap out the chrome surround on the fog lights.
I have the EMM items and love them. The fog light chrome pulls off. Get a plastic wedge behind one of the corners and pull. there are 3 or 4 tabs that hold it in place.
Their fender vents are an overlay as well, but it is already attached to the vent. vent has 4 body clips holding it in. Pull right off as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the EMM items and love them. The fog light chrome pulls off. Get a plastic wedge behind one of the corners and pull. there are 3 or 4 tabs that hold it in place.
Their fender vents are an overlay as well, but it is already attached to the vent. vent has 4 body clips holding it in. Pull right off as well.
Thanks, it was EMM that told me to remove the bumper to install the fog light surrounds, and said to remove the liner from the fenders to access the vent. Do you mean just the chrome piece comes off or the entire surround?

And for the vent you just yanked it off? No screws or anything?

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Thanks, it was EMM that told me to remove the bumper to install the fog light surrounds, and said to remove the liner from the fenders to access the vent. Do you mean just the chrome piece comes off or the entire surround?

And for the vent you just yanked it off? No screws or anything?
Are you getting the complete housing or just the chrome strip replacement? If it is just the chrome replacement, that pops off. (I couldn't bring myself to spend money on that and just painted them gloss black)

The vents pop right off. there are 3 body clips or door panel clips (how ever you wanna call them) and a few strips of tape holding it to the body. If you don't have a clip removal tool, a plastic wedge will work as well. Was shocked how cheaply made and held on these vents were... but then again and the end of the day they are just Nissan's... :eek:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Are you getting the complete housing or just the chrome strip replacement? If it is just the chrome replacement, that pops off. (I couldn't bring myself to spend money on that and just painted them gloss black)

The vents pop right off. there are 3 body clips or door panel clips (how ever you wanna call them) and a few strips of tape holding it to the body. If you don't have a clip removal tool, a plastic wedge will work as well. Was shocked how cheaply made and held on these vents were... but then again and the end of the day they are just Nissan's... :eek:
No, I have the entire housing - just the chrome strip overlay was not offered to me otherwise I definitely would have gotten that. Who wants to spend so much time installing such an insignificant piece. Guess it gives me more reason to get the Black sports grille, I can install both together.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts