Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to create a separate thread for the OEM Carbon Fiber spoiler as I have not yet seen anyone in the FB groups or here actually receive this part individually outside of ordering the CF package on a custom order or buying the Launch Edition Q60s with this accessory already installed. As this community grows over the years, I feel that people looking for specific information on the various accessories will get lost in that mega accessories thread, so it might be helpful to keep the OEM spoiler discussion here separately (mods feel free to merge this or move to the 'Exterior' section if you do not agree/think this is the wrong place for this).

I purchased this through the Infiniti of Gwinnett eStore from Duluth, Georgia. Turnaround time was exactly one week from online order to my doorstep. I will be getting this installed two days from now and will post pictures then of the completed installation.

Aside from that, this is a VERY high quality carbon fiber piece...mine is absolutely flawless. Obviously, the price is insane, but you can use "ESTORE2017" when placing an online order on official Infiniti parts websites to take 25% off the cost if you spend $300 or more...and depending on the dealership you're going through, shipping can be waived as well. IMO this spoiler is absolutely perfect in terms of being a subtle accessory piece...it gives any Q60 a slightly more aggressive look in the rear without overdoing it....just the right amount of 'sporty' while still staying in that classy, luxury realm of Infiniti. :)

Part Number: T99J1-5CH0B
MSRP: $785.00 USD
Country of Manufacture: China
Installation: Drilling is required! (there are 4 mounting bolts total). Ordering this includes all instructions and necessary items for installation. Highly recommend getting a dealership to install this to cover the work/parts under warranty. Infiniti dealerships will quote 1-hour to install this accessory.
Accessory Installation Instructions: https://www.infiniti-techinfo.com/asistgc_1/USENG/diskdocs/1/V/D/1VD3.PDF

Pictures:

2017 Infiniti Q60 - OEM CF Spoiler T99J1-5CH0B - Jayce - Album on Imgur

Box and contents:

Close-up of manufacturing label:

Full-length of spoiler:

Underside showing the tape strip and the 4 bolts/screws:

Close-up of carbon fiber weave:

Included Installation instructions and nuts/clips/spacers:

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was at the local dealership today and saw a Sunstone Red with the carbon fiber trim package. I did not know what to expect but I thought it looked very nice! :)

Reactions: Jayce

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heads up on this: for dealerships that have not done an OEM Carbon Fiber spoiler install they may quote 1 hour since it's the 'official' Infiniti factory guideline, but expect 2 hours for the work since it involves 6 drill holes, etc.... If your dealership has done the install before they can probably do it in one hour...but since the car is so new, it'll likely be quoted at 1 hour and then you might be told 2 hours. Plan accordingly!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quick update:

Supposed to be getting my car back this evening after spoiler installation but yet another problem: apparently, the OEM spoiler I ordered, even though it was brand new, was missing one of the 2 paper drill templates required for proper drilling measurements, and the dealership was adamant that they did not want to do it 'by eye' (which I agreed with).

I had two options:

1) Abort the spoiler installation unless I could get the other template, but this may take quite a bit of time and apparently the dealership did not have access to this as it isn't on the techinfo site. This is their first OEM spoiler install.

2) Dealership offered to cut the 6 bolts from the spoiler, polish appropriately, and then use double-sided/3M adhesive to guarantee fitment and hold.

Now, i'm positive that the spoiler came with both templates as it was brand new from Nissan's factory/plant in TN, and maybe my local dealership is just not skilled enough and not wanting to take the risk with drilling 6 holes on their first Q60 + spoiler install...but I guess there is always a chance the template actually was missing and they don't actually want to walk away from installation fees (it would cost significantly less if they're just doing a 3M adhesive spoiler install, anyone can do this minus maybe the proper bolt cutting part).

After debating for a while, I went with Option 2...having them snip the bolts off this OEM spoiler and using 3M to apply it to the trunk lid. This sucks in that the OEM CF spoiler is VERY pricey and cutting the bolts is obviously a permanent thing...and while 3M tape is literally like superglue when applied properly, it still isn't that same guaranteed hold/mount that comes with drilling.

The upside is my bumper remains free of drill holes and the dealership covers all labor and parts involved, and if the spoiler starts to come off or loose in certain places they will correct/reapply as needed without additional costs.

Pics to come this week (I keep saying that, I know)...I may opt to keep my car overnight and pick up tomorrow to give the 3M tape more time to reach 100% adhesion strength and also because it's storming here in the bay area for another solid 6-8 hours before it lets up some.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just picked up my Q60 this afternoon, here are some quick pics of the OEM CF spoiler on a Pure White...will take more pictures this week once the rain stops!

The installation went perfectly...spoiler is perfectly centered and i'm glad I opted for the 3M/adhesive install instead of drilling into the trunk...not sure if the spoiler itself is worth the money but there's no arguing that Infiniti did good with the OEM spoiler. :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just picked up my Q60 this afternoon, here are some quick pics of the OEM CF spoiler on a Pure White...will take more pictures this week once the rain stops!

The installation went perfectly...spoiler is perfectly centered and i'm glad I opted for the 3M/adhesive install instead of drilling into the trunk...not sure if the spoiler itself is worth the money but there's no arguing that Infiniti did good with the OEM spoiler. :)
The spoiler looks great. Mine is on order. I do think it's ridiculous that they couldn't/wouldn't mount it with the hardware. It's an OEM item, after all. If my dealer tries that, I'll go somewhere else.

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's another type of spoiler that was on a completely blacked-out RS at my dealer. I personally like the OEM spoiler more. The rest of the pictures are in this thread if you want to see the other trim pieces:
http://www.infinitiq60.org/forum/20...scussion-forum/5457-official-accessories.html
Hmm, gotta be honest, not a fan of that look at all!

The OEM one seats perfectly on the contour of the trunk and enhances the already-existing natural 'lip' for a really good look and fit, whereas that one above actually sits in the slightly recessed space right before the trunk lip and kinda fills it in and makes it seem flat...idk. It just looks weird compared to how the OEM one is designed, lol. :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
Definitely not a fan of that second one but the one OP has installed looks ideal! The way it follows the curves of the trunk lid is exactly what I look for. I hate seeing spoilers that don't match up with body lines.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My spoiler just showed up today. It only took 8 business days, even though they expected it in mid-April. It seems the supply lines are back open for the CF parts. I'll get it installed soon and post some pics.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I apologies for bring back an older thread.
OP, any issue so far with tape only installation for the spoiler?
I'm thinking about going this route as well so as not to drill any holes on my trunk.
I have removed taped on spoilers from older cars and can tell you that these get stuck on so good that you would think it was screwed on. As some body shops about this, the ones that have done a number of jobs like this

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I apologies for bring back an older thread.
OP, any issue so far with tape only installation for the spoiler?
I'm thinking about going this route as well so as not to drill any holes on my trunk.
I used only tape on mine. Took a Dremel tool and carefully cut out the mounting screws. Then added a little tape between the existing tape. Use some masking tape to make a couple alignment marks during a dry fit, then had my son-in-law take one side and help me install. Took our time and all went great. Couldn't bring myself to drill, I don't think it is going to fall off. :)

It really stuck and fit perfect.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts