Infiniti Q60 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the official 0-60 time for the AWD 400 RS? Not sure if anyone has tested it but what this article is stating doesn't seem to be right:

"The AWD model is reputedly capable of 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) sprints in just five seconds"

First Drive: 2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400 ? it may not be Godzilla, but we?ll take it

I understand its a heavy car but I would imagine the 0-60 time would be below 4.5.

Thoughts? And apologies if this has been discussed before.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Depends on ambient air temperature, barometric pressure, relative humidity, elevation, road/track surface, and weight of driver.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
Reactions: Coahman

·
Registered
153 Posts
Does anyone know the official 0-60 time for the AWD 400 RS? Not sure if anyone has tested it but what this article is stating doesn't seem to be right:

"The AWD model is reputedly capable of 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) sprints in just five seconds"

First Drive: 2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400 ? it may not be Godzilla, but we?ll take it

I understand its a heavy car but I would imagine the 0-60 time would be below 4.5.

Thoughts? And apologies if this has been discussed before.
The time you quoted is 0-62 if that makes a difference. I've seen 0-60 at 4.5 sec

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Depends on which version they test and if they pre-rev or not, I think a pre-reved AWD is in the 4.5 range while a non-pre-reved RWD is mid 5's. AWD seems to have a ~0.5 advantage in the 0-60

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: Omenx

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Tried a 0-60 run tonight. Mid-40s on dry pavement.

92-octane Shell gas.

Fast Intentions DPs & Cat-back.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If comparing 0-60 times to cars like the RS5 or 440i, those cars achieve their best times using launch control. Those are the times that gets published in magazines and web articles.

Car and Driver tested the AWD Q60RS in its April's print edition (on shelves now, towards the back of the magazine) and achieved 4.5 0-60 and 12.9 1/4 mile (can't remember the trap speed). So the AWD Q60 has matched the RWD Q50RS, which is reasonable to suspect that the RWD Q60 may come in a little less due to lack of traction at the start...or it may very well equal the AWD times. Road&Track stated they hit 4.4 0-60 in the RWD and their is a reviewer from Florida who claims he hit 4.4 twice in 10 runs (seeing times from 4.4 to 5.2; car struggles to put the power down off the line).

Using the Q50RS RWD as a basis only (because it's the only RS that has been tested by both C&D and MT), the 0-60 times compared to its competitors is right at the top of the segment. But, 0-60 does not tell the whole story. It's the 5-60 that separates the Q from its competitors (IIRC, the XE does a little better); likewise, the Q50RS's 0-100 and its 1/4 mile trap speed are better than the competition also.

If any of you have any free time, go to C&D (and MT) online and compare the Q50RS's test results to the XE, C43, 340i, and S4 (you will have to pull up each cars' test results). It wins most of the speed tests...but scores mid-pack in skid pad and braking.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
That made me wonder something. Power-wise, Is Eco, Standard and Sport modes the same for the 3.0t and the RS? Meaning is it only when you go into Sport+ (which the 3.0t doesn't have), that the RS has the extra power?
As far as engine output goes, pretty sure the modes only change the shift points in the transmission and reduce traction control. If the pedal is to the floor in ECO you're getting just as much HP as if in Sport+.

Reactions: Garnoch

·
Registered
312 Posts
As far as engine output goes, pretty sure the modes only change the shift points in the transmission and reduce traction control. If the pedal is to the floor in ECO you're getting just as much HP as if in Sport+.
It appears to change the engine as well which is why I got curious. Though Sport+ mode doesn't appear to change either. So in hindsight, it's obvious that Sport mode in the RS is different than in the 3.0t. Considering they're the same engine though, I'm not sure if there is a difference in Standard and Eco. I'd bet there is (at least in Standard), but I guess I'm not 100% sure.

From 5-23/34 in owner's manual...

ECO MODE (if so equipped)
Assists the driver’s eco-driving. The engine and transmission points are adjusted for improved fuel economy, providing such a driving features as smooth starting or constant cruising.

SPORT MODE
. Adjusts the engine and transmission points for a higher response.
. The setting of the steering system is adjusted to provide a quick steering response and a heavy steering effort.
. The setting of the suspension system is adjusted to increase the damping force. (if so equipped)

SPORT+ MODE (if so equipped)
In addition to the characteristics of the SPORT mode, this mode heightens steering response and changes the setting of VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) for a more sporty driving experience.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q60 Red Sport 400
3,698 Posts
It appears to change the engine as well which is why I got curious. Though Sport+ mode doesn't appear to change either. So in hindsight, it's obvious that Sport mode in the RS is different than in the 3.0t. Considering they're the same engine though, I'm not sure if there is a difference in Standard and Eco. I'd bet there is (at least in Standard), but I guess I'm not 100% sure.

From 5-23/34 in owner's manual...

ECO MODE (if so equipped)
Assists the driver’s eco-driving. The engine and transmission points are adjusted for improved fuel economy, providing such a driving features as smooth starting or constant cruising.

SPORT MODE
. Adjusts the engine and transmission points for a higher response.
. The setting of the steering system is adjusted to provide a quick steering response and a heavy steering effort.
. The setting of the suspension system is adjusted to increase the damping force. (if so equipped)

SPORT+ MODE (if so equipped)
In addition to the characteristics of the SPORT mode, this mode heightens steering response and changes the setting of VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) for a more sporty driving experience.
Like I posted, I'm pretty sure the gas pedal to the floor gives you the same horsepower in in any driving mode. The RS has 400 HP in any mode. I know the modes change many driving characteristics, but I was specifically referring to engine output. In other words, dropping a 3.0t (300HP) into a car that's configured as an RS, isn't going to give you 400HP if you select Sport+.

Reactions: Garnoch

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have read on a few tests that the AWD RS does 0-60 in 4.4 to 4.5.
That sounds about right. Curious to see what'll become available for the AWD RS to eventually drop the time down to the low 4's.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
That sounds about right. Curious to see what'll become available for the AWD RS to eventually drop the time down to the low 4's.
Better tires and lower downpipes will probably do that already I think. Add in a full catback (with better breathing) and low 4s will be quite easy to hit

:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts