Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find oil droplets on rear of car after driving it . I have 30k almost on car . I installed a oil catch can also . Do any others have this problem and why is this happening ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Droplets of oil anywhere is not normal. The leak may not be directly above where you're finding it, but from another part of the car. If it's not obvious, you may have to put the car on a lift to find the source.

On the oil catch can, maybe the drain plug is leaking?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear that ! Catch can is fine though . No leakage what so ever there ! I guess I have to go under the car and check it out . I dont smell any either . They get all the way up to the trunk . Unfortunate . Looks like the dirty oil in the engine . Thanks jaa

·
Registered
589 Posts
Might be one or both turbo oil seals.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on my rear bumper. Most noticeable following spirited driving. Definitely became worse after removal of the secondary cats in favor lower downpipes. It’s more like carbon deposits versus oil but also accumulates on my garage floor on a cold morning with condensation from the exhaust.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man that would suck Iridium ! Doesn't make a case for longevity of the turbos for sure . lol . I was thinkin from exhuast myself some how . I have a feeling I want the dealership checking that . I will mention it to them for sure when I go for oil change ! Man ' I trip when I see how much black smoke comes from some of these cars exhaust when they start them !!

Thanks D . Thats nice to know . I'll have to check my floor too Under the exhaust tips . The cars only had a few trips since I bought it about a month ago . Basically 2 days a week it leaves the garage to go to market being i'm retired . But i live were those trips to the store rack up about 10k a year in miles not uncomman to hit triple digits in speed though . There has not been alot of condensation to look for yet . I havnt even drove it in the rain yet . I use my other car for those soggy days in the n.w. . There is no oil drops under the car though . I guess i can chock up another dislike . lol .
Is there any other way to drive these than spirited ? lol . Even my wife who obeys laws and never recieved a ticket in her life seams to get up to speed faster than normal . lol.
Thank you both !

·
Super Moderator
2,571 Posts
The rear of my car gets dirty from road grime when the streets are wet, but I've never seen any oil. On cold starts I let my car idle for at least 2 minutes before I drive. There are absolutely no deposits on my garage floor from the exhaust or anything and I park in the exact spot each time. Now, with these direct injection engines a lot of carbon builds up inside the exhaust tips.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Bevo for the input ! So true on the buildup for sure . Foggy mist doe's it too to the tail end . Fun with drafting . lol . So I got a Cali duster to dust it off and bammo hit oil . How fun that was . Spot clean is in order first now i see .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts