Infiniti Q60 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a stupid question as i've not fully read the manual yet but why is the oil change interval 10,000 miles? Does the Q60 use synthetic oil?

·
Super Moderator
2,566 Posts
This may be a stupid question as i've not fully read the manual yet but why is the oil change interval 10,000 miles? Does the Q60 use synthetic oil?
yup, and that's the recommended interval for the 3.0

·
Registered
591 Posts
When in doubt, follow the manual suggested maintenance schedule. I think it starts in section 9-9 of the owner's manual.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ya. I'd say it's debatable if any of us should actually listen to the recommended oil change.

16 000 Kms seems excessive.. I'd barely feel comfortable with 10 000 km's.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Apparently it adjust depending on driving style; I’ve tested this and it does drop the oil change interval when I drive aggressively ..
Also on a side note manual also says early oil change is not necessary due to the “high quality oil used” and that the oil should be changed only when the oil change interval light is on.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have settled on 5k OCIs for the VR30DDTT.

One of the biggest issues with Direct Injection (DI) engines is fuel dilution. Fuel dilution over 2% in the oil will effectively change the viscosity of the oil by one grade (or more). For example, I've had previous experience where I used 5W30 oil, changed it out in 5k miles, and the Universal Oil Analysis (UOA) showed it was a 5W20.

In addition, depending on the oil you choose, some are better at managing soot in oil than others. Soot is what turns the oil black. Choosing an oil with a good detergent AND dispersant mix will help keep soot in-check.

Here's my UOA record since my Q60 was new:

I've settled on using Valvoline 5W30 Modern Engine Oil with the Nissan-branded Oil Filter (oversized). I've used this combination since the 9.5k OCI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts